House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Dmgt - Regional Ad Revenue Falling

I see DMGT ( includes daily mail and mail on sunday and I think findaproperty) provided some market information update . I have not read the full report but they did mention in press large declines in advertising revenue at the regional titles and job losses. Presume this is ea's and the public sector recruiters cutting back? I have not looked at property in a paper in a good while.

I see DMGT ( includes daily mail and mail on sunday and I think findaproperty) provided some market information update . I have not read the full report but they did mention in press large declines in advertising revenue at the regional titles and job losses. Presume this is ea's and the public sector recruiters cutting back? I have not looked at property in a paper in a good while.

Interesting. I recall from my days as a hack that advertising (newspapers and radio primarily) is a failsafe leading indicator of economic downturn/upturn, typically by about 6 months. Discussed my recollections with someone at WPP recently who concurred.

Harbinger of the coming slowdown. Maybe Andrew Sentence is right.

Discussed my recollections with someone at WPP recently who concurred.

Do WPP via their subsidiary M4C still have the contract from the largest advertiser in the country? i.e the government?

Funny that.... when Sir Martin Sorrell's been praising the government for their tax changes and saying their cuts are the envy of Washington... I've never heard him mention he is employed by them. I think the budget was £540m under Liebour.

Yes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/8411818/Daily-Mail-Group-sees-regional-advertising-plunge.html

Recruitment advertising at the owner of the Daily Mail fell 27pc, according to a trading update for the five-month period to the end of February 2011. For the 11 weeks to March 20, advertising revenues were 12pc lower than last year, a deterioration on the 6pc decline seen in the first quarter,

In another article the tough public sector comparative was blamed.