House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Bizarre New Nspcc Advert

A truly bizarre ad from the NSPCC.

Angry women storms out of a caravan clearly prepared to beat her child and is stopped by a load of desk bound bureaucrats sat at their desks forming a wall keeping her away from the child.

I personally find the ad very odd, and it could be interpreted as anti Gypsy, clearly according the NSPCC people that live in caravans beat children and somewhere in this mystic world bureaucrats are like magical supermen.

In fact the whole ad is so weird, it could almost have been a labour party political broadcast - yes more men from the ministry that will save us.

Angry women storms out of a caravan clearly prepared to beat her child and is stopped by a load of desk bound bureaucrats sat at their desks forming a wall keeping her away from the child.

I personally find the ad very odd, and it could be interpreted as anti Gypsy, clearly according the NSPCC people that live in caravans beat children and somewhere in this mystic world bureaucrats are like magical supermen.

In fact the whole ad is so weird, it could almost have been a labour party political broadcast - yes more men from the ministry that will save us.

Must be the season for it. It's almost as sickening as this one.

I didn't know if it were a parody or real. Sadly it's real.

Maybe they hate skydive instructors? A lot of skydive instructors left their uber careers and became instructors and now live onsite at drop zones in caravans.

Agree completely. When I first saw it I wondered if it had been created by an American ad agency and the 'trailer park' idea was lost in translation.

I'm with you on this one. It's so strange and doesn't provoke any emotional reaction unlike their previous campaign. It has to rival the Halifax ads for the worst in the ad break...although there is also that extremely annoying Audi inkblot ad.

Love the current fruit pastels one though. Makes me laugh every time.

Havent seen it, but is there such a thing as 'anti gypsy'?

Its like being anti sicilian mafia, anti yakuza, anti triads.

One big happy crime family is all. Hiding behind the cozy banner of 'ethnic minority' (though being a mish mash of irish, romany, english and everything in between, ie no distinct ethnicity)

Is it anti non-gypsy if its set in a house?! :lol:

Maybe they set the previous 9 ads in houses and the equality types said they must set one in a caravan....

also the 20-20 climate change video with exploding children and people

sick yes, but just the product of the statists squirming as they realise the game is up

also the 20-20 climate change video with exploding children and people

sick yes, but just the product of the statists squirming as they realise the game is up

Yes, that ad was truly spine chilling in the Orwellian sense.

If you see the little girl as an ordinary private sector worker, and the gambler as the state, then it's quite enjoyable propaganda. But I don't think they meant it like that.

<video>

Agreed. I find the representation of the public as children reliant on the parental government/bankers/authority quite telling.

If you see the little girl as an ordinary private sector worker, and the gambler as the state, then it's quite enjoyable propaganda. But I don't think they meant it like that.

The little girl as future generations and the dad as Millipedes public sector ambitions is almost spot on.

I couldn't find this on Youtube - anyone got a link?

Maybe they hate skydive instructors? A lot of skydive instructors left their uber careers and became instructors and now live onsite at drop zones in caravans.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Ken.

Bumping this because today I recieved some post from the NSPCC. This consisted of a DVD box (no wrapper) which purported to contain a DVD of a a child who had been abused by her father. The box was empty except for a leaflet containing a fictional story and an appeal for money. That the story was fiction was only mentioned in the small print.

Thankfully as I work from home and it arrived today not yesterday (strike day) I was able to shred the thing while my daughter was at school.

Has anyone else had one of these things? I've asked the NSPCC to remove me from their list and emailed the charity commissioners to complain

(edited for typos)

TBH I lost all sympathy for NSPCC after their 'full stop' campaign against corporal punishment. It seemed to me to be deliberately blurring the lines between acceptable chastisement and abuse. I support NCH Action for Children now instead.

TBH I lost all sympathy for NSPCC after their 'full stop' campaign against corporal punishment. It seemed to me to be deliberately blurring the lines between acceptable chastisement and abuse. I support NCH Action for Children now instead.

For me the final realisation that the NSPCC are to be avoided came when a rep visited my daughters' school (she was 9 at the time) and basically encouraged the children to phone the NSPCC and complain about their parents, or such was the impression gained by my daughter and her friends. This reminded me of the 'Spies' in 1984 and the actual practice of the Stasi and is utterly at odds with promoting a stable family environment for children.

Bible

Mathew 5:18 (childrens ages!)

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. :)