House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Warwick

Who Else Regrets Voting Conservative At The Last Election And Who Would You Now Vote For?

Are you ashamed to have voted CONservative?

Who would you vote for now?

If we get enough votes against the Government we can legitimately rebel and take over the country and the UN will support us.

Just imagine, HPC in charge. Oh what fun!

I don't get it, why would you regret keeping the labour party out of office after all the damage they've caused. Shirley if you voted to keep labour out you've shown some degree of caring beyond yourself, not shouldering others generations with your debt. So why regret, we didn't have any other option so we choose the lesser evil.

No sane person wants labour back they bankrupted us and yet because of their huge expansion of the public sector and welfare state the only way to keep labour out is to vote tory. Neither is good for us wanting affordable housing but at least the tories won't completely destroy the economy.

I don't get it, why would you regret keeping the labour party out of office after all the damage they've caused. Shirley if you voted to keep labour out you've shown some degree of caring beyond yourself, not shouldering others generations with your debt. So why regret, we didn't have any other option so we choose the lesser evil.

No sane person wants labour back they bankrupted us and yet because of their huge expansion of the public sector and welfare state the only way to keep labour out is to vote tory. Neither is good for us wanting affordable housing but at least the tories won't completely destroy the economy.

I hate Labour with a passion. I have very good personal reasons, as the lies and twisting of Tony BLiar and Gordon Brownstuff damaged our country, society and economy irreprably.

I voted CONservative. I wanted to see a change. I have not. This Government instead of tackling the big issues has been caught up in becoming BLiars New Conservatives under David CONron. They are chasing popularity and celebrity and starting to ignore the really big issues. The aggression in Lybia, the lack of action on immigration for instance is just Dave's Iraq. Wow isn't he tough. CONservatives are just doing as Labour did, courting popularity. Just look at the bursary scheme announced today replacing EMA the stupid idea that Labour brought in to give selective dole money to kids.

I am no troll. Certainly not one for that Labour pile of sh1t. I merely believe that the Conservatives have sold out already. Perhaps we should not have beieved that there could be a new broom. Perhaps we need a radical shift.

labour troll, you never voted tory in the first place, desperate

awooga

? awooga ?

Read understand think. Have the CONS done it for you? Will they? Labour cannot. Lib Dems are a joke. What is left?

Depends on what you believe the big issues are. For me they were Cutting the deficit, education system failing the kids, immigration and welfare being a lifestyle choice that paid more than work.

So on cutting. They are trying, but I would have just frozen the budgets for all departments so I have neutral views here, neither happy or unhappy.

Education - I am very happy here, Goves new schools free of union and LEA interference are a great idea so is stopping the easy route of vocational subjects and forcing schools to teach history etc. Same with the introduction of the english bac. So happy.

Immmigration - need to see the results but they are trying but the nutter limp dims keep watering down the proposals. So worried at the mo.

Welfare as a life choice - again good moves on HB being cut but need to wait until IDS gets his uni credit in. If it caps total benefits to less that you can earn in a job them good I will support. Unfortunately I think the limp dims will try and intervene again. So waiting with expectation.

Things I am unhappy about are international development budget, cut it to zero and keep the armed forces that we are cutting. They should refuse to pay the extra EU money until the CAP is cut and removed completely as this was how it was sold to the public.

Conservatives were in 2nd place behind Labour at the previous election. My vote for them, in line with thousands of others here, was a "get Labour out" vote. It worked and I am delighted to have been part of it. I may vote for them again next time as they have the best chance of stopping Labour, or I might go back to my usual 'extreme' option of spoiling my ballot paper.

Conservatives were in 2nd place behind Labour at the previous election. My vote for them, in line with thousands of others here, was a "get Labour out" vote. It worked and I am delighted to have been part of it. I may vote for them again next time as they have the best chance of stopping Labour, or I might go back to my usual 'extreme' option of spoiling my ballot paper.

You might even have the option to vote "none of the above" (even if it's called something different like "raving loony") without throwing away your vote to keep labour out!

I see a lot of talk about how we must get the tories out, they are wrongfully there, people who voted for them must now be thinking of changing their minds, etc, etc.

Load of rubbish. They won more votes than any other party and so far are doing a fairly decent job of sorting out one seriously fuked up nation.

At the end of the day there is no credible other party who are even discussing the Labour fuk ups on the economy, immigration, dependent state, civil liberties.

Apart from those dependent on there being a monster state, most people are pretty happy with the state of affairs. We see public sector protests none of which represents the maintream view of the tax paying electorate.

I see a lot of talk about how we must get the tories out, they are wrongfully there, people who voted for them must now be thinking of changing their minds, etc, etc.

I'd love to get rid of them.

Until I look at the alternatives. :ph34r:

It is many years since I voted for one of the arms of the pro-EU centre party.

I don't think there are many conservatives on here, in the party's current incarnation anyway. Certainly the last time I felt it was "my" party was when Maggie was running the show.