House Price Crash Forum

London Protest

HOLA441

In the 21st Century all parties are exactly the same. You only thing you change when you vote one party out and another in is the colour of the rosette.

Many times that's correct. But right now isn't one of them.

If Labour were in power they would be following a Keynesian strategy of higher public spending with no cuts, deferring debt reduction until later (if at all).

Furthermore Osbourne made it clear in the budget that the 50% tax rate is temporary, if labour were in power it would be permanent and probably begin at £100k rather than £150k.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Have you seen this video?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/28/cuts-protest-uk-uncut-fortnum

It looks like pretty shabby conduct on the part of the force. Unfortunately this sort of deception might seem terribly clever at the time, but how will the crowds respond to police 'promises' at the next demonstration. The problems are bound to escalate with this sort of management.

HOLA444

I saw on the news last night that the protesters in London smashed up a couple of banks ( the BBC propaganda machine called them businesses but the pictures didn't lie, they were banks ). looks like Some people took a bit of their angst out against the thieves that caused the problem!!!

Did anyone here go? What did you see ?

No one should advocate violence but if the powers at be wont prosecute the bankers and we all suffer as a direct consequence then what do they expect ?

I heard on the radio last night they are worried about protesters at the royal wedding now....they were laying it on thick, like it was a bad thing. These people are detached from reality.

i would have loved to go as a protest against the cuts and the mess the banks have got us into , But i would not have gone to see Millibands speak as how can he speak out at what his party helped us get into, A right mess.

HOLA445
HOLA446

If Labour were in power they would be following a Keynesian strategy of higher public spending with no cuts, deferring debt reduction until later (if at all).

Indeed. That's the problem with the left... the solution is always the same (more spending/'investment') and the day to repay never comes.

A part of me wanted Labour to win the last election just to see what they'd actually do. I reckon not much - they'd have caved in at the first sign of opposition to cuts, raised a few taxes and told the BoE to print some more. Spineless, self-serving and stupid.

HOLA447

Of course there are links.

Though it sounds like you think the causal direction is: "globalisation" caused UK gov deficit.

Do you?

If so, please explain.

It's certainly a symptom of it. Why else have there been so much public "non jobs' and over spend of infrastructure? Misguided Keynesian economics, or just a cynical method of spending to mask over how ill prepared the UK (in slow four decade long death struggle) was to the impacts of global free-market economics?!?

Could it be that Blair and Brown were lying, and that the UK wasn't actually the booming economy they kept telling us it was between 2000 and 2007? Of course they were lying, and they were not prepared to let hordes of unemployed northerners and crumbling schools/hospitals everywhere spoil their silly plans.

HOLA448
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA449

Archived