House Price Crash Forum
turner

Hythe Area

Hello,

Still looking for a quiet place to buy a house/flat with sea views (I'm a great admirer of british liners), I was wondering how the life is in Hythe from a retired point of view. Is Hythe a nice place to live?

thank you

Hello,

Still looking for a quiet place to buy a house/flat with sea views (I'm a great admirer of british liners), I was wondering how the life is in Hythe from a retired point of view. Is Hythe a nice place to live?

thank you

Hythe is a lovely place.

My grandparents lived there and I loved visiting as a kid, really nice seafront walks, nice open spaces and parks next to the canel and reasonable town centre.

I went back to visit last summer and was really impressed with how unspoilt it is

Only difference being that my grandparents house that we sold in the 1990's for £60k after they had passed away is now £200k+.

Mdl who have a number of marinas have a marina there that they run in much same way as they do throughout south coast. We are other side of water - Hamble river area but have taken boat up to Hythe in past. Around the marina are some nice properties when they come up they go very quick and are immune to price falls... recent they appear to be holding up we'll they start from 360k for a small flat to over 1.5million for a 4 bed....

At the other end of the town there is a development that was built 10 year ago now. It is private and social housing all mixed in together. to get to the private housing you have to drive all through the social stuff

we considered it back in 2000 when new but went further round into Hamble river area as it provided better shopping links abd more shops locally abd easier to access than the other side.

When we last went over and moored up for night we walked through town/ village. And found not much there in respect of essentials for shops unless you can travel and go into Southampton. That is fair run in car or on bus everytime you want M&s or other shops. Hence we went other side of water where there are much more frequent buses and better links and more choice in supermarkets etc

Mdl who have a number of marinas have a marina there that they run in much same way as they do throughout south coast. We are other side of water - Hamble river area but have taken boat up to Hythe in past. Around the marina are some nice properties when they come up they go very quick and are immune to price falls... recent they appear to be holding up we'll they start from 360k for a small flat to over 1.5million for a 4 bed....

I was talking about the Hythe near Folkestone in Kent not sure which one the OP is talking about now!

I was talking about the Hythe near Folkestone in Kent not sure which one the OP is talking about now!

there is a placecalled Hythe near to Southampton. It is across water fromsouthampton near Fawley oil refinery the onlymajor employer in area apart from the docks 10 mile andanightmare drive away like southmpton is from Hythe

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about Southampton area although I really enjoyed holidays in Kent too (another great spot for ferries)

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about Southampton area although I really enjoyed holidays in Kent too (another great spot for ferries)

Glad you wanted the other Hythe. The Kent Hythe is practising Euthanasia at the moment. The Death pathway is rife since Dr Wiltshire of Oaklands surgery found they could get away with it.. The old in care homes are being swiftly got rid of including my mother. Sure you will understand.

Good luck with the other place