House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Gaddafi Promotes Everyone!

When I first heard it on the radio at 7.30, I thought I must've imagined it, but it's just been repeated during the 8.00 bulletin...

As a reward for their loyalty, Gaddafi has decided to give a promotion to everyone in the military and police forces.

I find that I can't stop chuckling. How the newsreader can keep his voice even I don't know. I think I wouldn't be able to resist saying, "Get this! He's promoted... everyone! Ahahaha!"

Maybe that's why I'm not a newsreader.

As a follow-up, I'm sure Gaddafi will start the printing presses and reward everyone in Libya by giving them a million dinars each so that all of them will be rich.

When I first heard it on the radio at 7.30, I thought I must've imagined it, but it's just been repeated during the 8.00 bulletin...

As a reward for their loyalty, Gaddafi has decided to give a promotion to everyone in the military and police forces.

I find that I can't stop chuckling. How the newsreader can keep his voice even I don't know. I think I wouldn't be able to resist saying, "Get this! He's promoted... everyone! Ahahaha!"

Maybe that's why I'm not a newsreader.

As a follow-up, I'm sure Gaddafi will start the printing presses and reward everyone in Libya by giving them a million dinars each so that all of them will be rich.

I went to be last night a civilian and woke up this morning to find I am now a Field Marshal in the Libyan Armoured Camel division. The LACs.

last time I heard of a politician this desperate and pathetic it was Gordon Brown

last time I heard of a politician this desperate and pathetic it was Gordon Brown

He had an excuse: ten years reporting to The Liar would drive anyone mad[1].

What's Gaddafi's excuse?

[1] yeah, maybe it just bounced off two-jags. Couldn't say if he's mad without understanding a word he utters.

Why? Libya has got both gold and oil..

Why? Libya has got both gold and oil..

I was making the comparison between promoting everyone and giving everyone a pile of cash. The former doesn't make anyone in charge of anything they weren't in charge of before, and the latter doesn't make anyone richer.

Relativity, old chap. That Einstein -- clever chap.

(Please don't post a reply explaining to me that Einstein's Relativity is something else. :) )

For someone in complete control, who seems to be capable of promoting anyone, he's never managed to get beyond colonel.

Hehe! Gadaffi insists he resigned twenty years ago, so everything that's happened since then is the fault of the "system". Sounds like a banker.

That's his escape route, so he should be scuttling off fairly soon. But I guess he expected a welcome from Arab dictators.

I'd like to see him joining Saddam. Let the rest of Africa wise up and execute the murdering baxtard.