House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
200p

Elite Banker Update. Hornby Quits Boots

Yeah well they were bought out by private equity weren't they so they must want some aggressive targets and presumably a refloat somewhere down the line?

See Next for the dire visioning of future conditions.

Yeah well they were bought out by private equity weren't they so they must want some aggressive targets and presumably a refloat somewhere down the line?

See Next for the dire visioning of future conditions.

The Guardian reports 2015 for the refloat. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/25/andy-hornby-quits-alliance-boots I know theres a HPC poster perhaps a trader with a chart of the FTSE, elliot wave(?) pointing to a FTSE bottom. Not a good time to float!

Who knows in these uncertain times.

The Guardian reports 2015 for the refloat. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/25/andy-hornby-quits-alliance-boots I know theres a HPC poster perhaps a trader with a chart of the FTSE, elliot wave(?) pointing to a FTSE bottom. Not a good time to float!

Who knows in these uncertain times.

New Look were also struggling with their refloat and ditched some senior management last week. Not sure I'd want to refloat at this time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1368592/Top-pair-New-Look-quit-profit-warnings.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Just had a quick look at Next, it looks like they are buying back shares to keep up the shareprice.

Men.... quick.....hands to the pump..... share price is crucial for bonuses.... we have to beat the share price of firms in our TSR group.... pump...pump....pump?

2009 to 2010 Next remuneration report

S A Wolfson £831k to £1.7m (+109%)

C E Angelides £585k to £980k (+67%)

D W Keens £560k to £936k (+67%)

A J Varley £423k to £789k (+86%)

http://www.nextplc.co.uk/nextplc/financialinfo/reportsresults/2009/jan10/jan10-c.pdf

Plus there could profits from any sale of previous share options?

The more shares the firm owns the easier it is to push through future remuneration excesses against the wishes of retail investors?

Next are lumping their prices up 10% this year ,sales could fall but I suspect bonuses will still be paid and executive salaries will rise

Men.... quick.....hands to the pump..... share price is crucial for bonuses.... we have to beat the share price of firms in our TSR group.... pump...pump....pump?

2009 to 2010 Next remuneration report

S A Wolfson £831k to £1.7m (+109%)

C E Angelides £585k to £980k (+67%)

D W Keens £560k to £936k (+67%)

A J Varley £423k to £789k (+86%)

http://www.nextplc.co.uk/nextplc/financialinfo/reportsresults/2009/jan10/jan10-c.pdf

Plus there could profits from any sale of previous share options?

The more shares the firm owns the easier it is to push through future remuneration excesses against the wishes of retail investors?

Next are lumping their prices up 10% this year ,sales could fall but I suspect bonuses will still be paid and executive salaries will rise

Watched Ed Balls on TV the other day and two things struck me. He specifically named NEXT to demonstrate the slowing of the economy. Any particular link betwene NEXT and Labour? And secondly, it is clear that the politicos believe that a recovery amounts to no more than spending money in shops. The OBR came out with the same yesterday which was posted on here. When the OBR are also pointing out that living standards will fall for 2 yrs, you really wonder why they haven't yet put 2 + 2 together.

FTSE firms base their bonuses on how their shares performs against a selected group of other companies, not the FTSE as a whole.

You will see firms in trouble such as HMV included even if they look to be in a completely different sector.

I noticed last year that Boots were being dropped by some firms from their comparative group as if they expected Boot's share price to do well.

Maybe Hornby is leaving to go to a new bank? He seems just the man to takeover at Northern Rock? He has all the credentials required?

If there ain't going to be increased sales then no point in him hanging around I guess - hot going to get a mega bonus with flat or falling sales.

We need more senior execs like this in the UK. We don't need people who can take a failing company and turn it into a success.

No, we need more people who will just go into a successful, growing business, negotiate a huge bonus package for themselves if sales go up, then they can sit back, do nothing and collect a huge bonus whilst trying to convince everyone that they are some kind of business gurus who caused the increased sales.

:rolleyes: