House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Minicab Drivers

In the national news today:

1 ) Minicab driver convicted for burgling and sexually assaulting dozens of elderly victims

2 ) Coroners court concludes that victims of minicab driver Moat were unlawfully killed

3 ) Police are searching for buried second victim of minicab driver who allegedly murded young woman from Swindon this week

Looks like Jeremy Clarkson was blaming lorry drivers for too much.

I thought Moat was a bouncer not a cabby? All the same minicab drivers are at the bottom of life's pile of sh*t and you would expect them to behave accordingly with all the attendant frustrations that modern society visits upon the lowly.Expect more as things get worse.

I thought Moat was a bouncer not a cabby? All the same minicab drivers are at the bottom of life's pile of sh*t and you would expect them to behave accordingly with all the attendant frustrations that modern society visits upon the lowly.Expect more as things get worse.

I assumed that was a mistake and he meant Derek Bird (recent inquest)

Bankers will be at it soon, there was the one with the shotgun firing at police (who took him down).

Bankers will be at it soon, there was the one with the shotgun firing at police (who took him down).

That was a laywer wasn't it?

Or it could have been Raoul Moat's gay lover (search for the story in the Sun if you want that one).

Wonder if Gordon Brown's working as a minicab driver these days. He rarely seems to turn up at parliament.

Wonder if Gordon Brown's working as a minicab driver these days. He rarely seems to turn up at parliament.

If you'd had a very public "accident" in a swimming pool that was still bobbing around for everyone to see would you still be hanging around?

Nice generalization there!

The daytime taxi drivers seem alright...mostly shuffling little old ladies around and single mothers who have lots of benefit monies to spend on taxi's for daily excusions to poundworld and Iceland.

The nighttime ones always seem creepy....probably having gangs of lads throwing up, not paying, assualting you might have something to do with that.

Interesting he had stuck up missing posters in the rear windscreen of his cab knowing full well he'd murdered her.

Probably tells you all you need to know about the people who go and bang on the sides of prison vans with child killers/paedos/rapists inside.

Interesting he had stuck up missing posters in the rear windscreen of his cab knowing full well he'd murdered her.

Probably tells you all you need to know about the people who go and bang on the sides of prison vans with child killers/paedos/rapists inside.

If they were related to or knew the victim then fair enough, but I've always thought it odd where there is no connection. A bit like the bloke down the pub who always says "cor look at the tits on that" whenever an attractive woman walks post. Well, yes we all were, but discreetly as we don't actually feel we have something to prove.

Yup. One of my many burdens during my local govt career was to manage the licensing section of the EH dept which included taxis. Oh how I loved those discplinary hearings / appeals against refusals to issue a licence :ph34r: