House Price Crash Forum

Is Milliband's 'anti Cuts' Rhetoric Doing Him Any Favours?

And your comment reveals exactly what is wrong with nearly every post you have ever made. Firing off nonsense while not in possession of any facts.

I don't work for anyone. You wrongly presume I am a public sector worker. That's the problem with all you lot. You wrongly presume the basis for nearly all your beliefs. Never let any facts get in the way of your knee jerk reactions.

So given you believe in a larger state.

How much of your earnings, beyond the statutory taxation, are you contributing to the state and its glorious endeavours towards social justice?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So given you believe in a larger state.

How much of your earnings, beyond the statutory taxation, are you contributing to the state and its glorious endeavours towards social justice?

Another conclusion jumped to. When have I stated that I believe in a bigger "state". Having enough workers to provide the services that support the infrastructure of a developed modern civilization has nothing to do with a belief in bigger or smaller. It has everything to do with a belief in "big enough" and in not stupidly resenting every penny of tax I pay.

Another conclusion jumped to. When have I stated that I believe in a bigger "state". Having enough workers to provide the services that support the infrastructure of a developed modern civilization has nothing to do with a belief in bigger or smaller. It has everything to do with a belief in "big enough" and in not stupidly resenting every penny of tax I pay.

Ok, I get it, the sort of selflessness that stops just short of contributing any more than you have to.

Bigger than ever - is still not big enough?

Never underestimate how stupid the British public are. Labour are winning this argument comprehensively. Only when the IMF show up will anyone question what happened.

Even then, even if Labour are in power, it will be easy to blame the Tory cuts on damaging the 'recovery'. Best thing the Conservatives could have done after the last election would have been to let Labour form a coalition with the LibDems.

I think Milliband/Balls anti-cuts rhetoric is very powerful politically. At the end of the day about 80% of Brits who make any real money work either directly for the government or for a contractor that works for the government.

The private sector outside of the banks is increasingly a few really rich business owners and people on very low pay and benefits. Those people on low pay and benefits are not eager supporters of the Tory's plans. And those successful business owners are few in number.

So they can easily be outvoted by the hordes of government employees.

The only way the Tories can last in power is if they get the economy really moving. If the economy is rolling and people are finding good jobs and others good opportunities for their own business.. then those people will support the Tory party and be its base. So far its not looking good, the Tories have raised taxes and the economy actually shrunk significantly last quarter, unemployment is rising, businesses are closing down. The best I can say is the Tories are talking about loosening regulations on things like allowing housing developments. But so far no actual changes in the law.

And your comment reveals exactly what is wrong with nearly every post you have ever made. Firing off nonsense while not in possession of any facts.

I don't work for anyone. You wrongly presume I am a public sector worker. That's the problem with all you lot. You wrongly presume the basis for nearly all your beliefs. Never let any facts get in the way of your knee jerk reactions.

Sounds like a quote about lying labour 'honourable'? MP's to me.

When do they ever tell the truth? and they're so economically illiterate. :angry:

Even then, even if Labour are in power, it will be easy to blame the Tory cuts on damaging the 'recovery'. Best thing the Conservatives could have done after the last election would have been to let Labour form a coalition with the LibDems.

I agree that would have been a disaster for Labour.Ironically it was Brown's insistence on remaining in power that prevented this disaster happening.Aided of course by Nick's desire for power himself.

I agree that would have been a disaster for Labour.Ironically it was Brown's insistence on remaining in power that prevented this disaster happening.Aided of course by Nick's desire for power himself.

It's you that needs to grow up. You spout crap about useless managers without any facts to back that up. You are slagging off peoples contribution to their employers and whoever they manage or serve and there is no way that you can have even the slightest idea about what those folk are actually doing. That makes you an idiot and an offensive one to boot.

You go around saying this person and that knows nothing about this and that - how do you know what is in others' heads, what experiences they have? You come onto a thread and attack everybody, using profanities and throwing insults left, right and centre. You clearly state that if somebody doesn't agree with your viewpoint then they are a buffoon... You're embarrassing! I'd say quit while you're ahead, but you never were. So please, grow up.

Brown pushed the spend for recovery but look at greece , ireland, portugal, spain,etc they are all cutting because they hit the limit of spend, spend. The policies at the end were incredibly short term like the scrapage scheme. There was no long term strategy or plan.

Economics is run entirely by right wingers. If there is ever anything wrong with this country's or the world's economy it is always because the right wingers who run everything have screwed up yet again and usually it's because they tried to increase the already huge margin that they leech off the rest of us. That's it, pure and simple. Individual governments and even more so the few left wing ones trying to swim against the tide have a minimal effect and if you think otherwise you are a complete buffoon.

Interesting,

My take on it is that "left" and "right" are complete ********.

You either believe in personal freedom, and an individual making their own decisions, or you think that a small elite should run things "properly".

Ultimately that means that the small elite run things to the benefit of themselves and their closest allies, neither Labour nor the Tories are interested in helping anyone but their clients who vote for them.

"economics" or the economy isn't run by anyone, that is like saying the weather is run by someone.

Did the bankers ****** up? Yes. But who made the public pay for it? it was a supposedly left wing government that decided their friends in high places couldn't actually be expected to bear the cost of their own failure and so the public had to pay for their shortcomings.

All the available political parties at the moment behave in a similar way. Why? because they fundamentally believe that people need to e directed and the economy planned so that things will turn out right. I think the historical and contemporary evidence shows that they are wrong.

Tories, Labour, Liberals - choose your colour of Oligarchy, but don't expect anything good to come out of any of them.

Sounds like a quote about lying labour 'honourable'? MP's to me.

When do they ever tell the truth? and they're so economically illiterate. :angry:

I am prepared to bet that your version of economic literacy is based entirely around keeping the bond markets and the IMF happy.

You go around saying this person and that knows nothing about this and that - how do you know what is in others' heads, what experiences they have? You come onto a thread and attack everybody, using profanities and throwing insults left, right and centre. You clearly state that if somebody doesn't agree with your viewpoint then they are a buffoon... You're embarrassing! I'd say quit while you're ahead, but you never were. So please, grow up.

I call someone a buffoon because I have had the misfortune of reading their many broken record style posts for quite a while now. It has nothing to do with them disagreeing with me but everything to do with how they frame their arguments. There are many on here with whom I agree to disagree entirely amicably......and then there are those who post idiotic single line posts like "grow up". If you think that that's an appropriate way to argue with a total stranger you must get into quite a few fights. But then of course, you wouldn't say that to me or anyone else who was standing right next to you. That's one of the good or bad things about internet forums, depending on were you stand.

I also note that while attacking my statement that you know nothing about the existence or nonexistence of "useless managers" in public service you make no attempt to provide any evidence to the contrary, which is something else you would not get away with if we were face to face. I would ask you quite simply "How do you know this is true?" and you would be unable to provide a proper answer.

Go on. Prove me wrong. Let's have that answer. <_<

He sounded like the Welsh Windbag Mark 2 yesterday, managing to turn even the most emotive of quotes into borefests.

That said, with the current media situation, liebour could put up a lump of lard and it would get elected.

Knew it wouldn't be long before media bias reared it's head.

My wife was on the march yesterday (bet nobody is surprised by that :lol: ) and it was entirely peaceful. About 250 dodgy characters in a different area did a bit of fairly minor damage.

Despite the fact that it was well over 250,000 law abiding folk set against about 250 trouble makers all the news was about the trouble. How's that for bias?

Edited by Nickolarge

Interesting,

My take on it is that "left" and "right" are complete ********.

You either believe in personal freedom, and an individual making their own decisions, or you think that a small elite should run things "properly".

Ultimately that means that the small elite run things to the benefit of themselves and their closest allies, neither Labour nor the Tories are interested in helping anyone but their clients who vote for them.

"economics" or the economy isn't run by anyone, that is like saying the weather is run by someone.

Did the bankers ****** up? Yes. But who made the public pay for it? it was a supposedly left wing government that decided their friends in high places couldn't actually be expected to bear the cost of their own failure and so the public had to pay for their shortcomings.

All the available political parties at the moment behave in a similar way. Why? because they fundamentally believe that people need to e directed and the economy planned so that things will turn out right. I think the historical and contemporary evidence shows that they are wrong.

Tories, Labour, Liberals - choose your colour of Oligarchy, but don't expect anything good to come out of any of them.

I agree with nearly all of that. The only small point to make is that the bankers were not and still are not the government's "friends".

Your comment about economics is bang on the money. Even a World government with a single President or Prime Minister could not "run the economy".