House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Land Reg Figures Out Monday

LR figure: -0.003%

Figure on the street: -2.05%

I may exchange contracts in a week or so and the house I am buying at 200k was bought in 2002 for £189k. That means house prices went up if you base it on my example.

LR also fail to take into account improvements that flippers undertake. E.g. Nigel and Timmy buy a delapitaded semi in NW10 for £700k and put in a new S & D kitchen and Faberge bathroom and rosewood floors everywhere and sell for £950k 6 months later. Problme is that they spent over £350k doing the place up which means the house sold for a loss but accoring to the LR is mega HPI.

Edited by Realistbear

Land Reg normally gets a lot of media coverage. Rightly or wrongly, it is regarded as the most accurate data out there.

If everything goes as expected, this should shift further into the YoY negative.