House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

'hated' Council Boss Oversaw £500,000 Payments To Gag Departing Staff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369736/Hated-council-boss-oversaw-500-000-payments-gag-departing-staff.html

A controversial council chief oversaw payouts of more than £500,000 to gag departing staff last year.

Andrea Hill, who is paid a £218,000 salary, presided over the handouts that ensured former employees would not become whistleblowers.

Forty-one people were paid between £2,000 and £60,000, at an average of £12,714 each.

The monthly cost to taxpayers of such agreements has quadrupled since Mrs Hill, 46, joined Suffolk council in early 2008.

Suffolk’s gagging payouts totalled £521,277 last year. From January 2008 to September 2009, just over £10,000 a month was paid out. That has now risen to £43,000 a month.

I wonder if there is anything juicy going on in this council or whether her status has simply allowed people to threat to go to the press and get paid out so they don't?

Anyone not guess who this was about?

shes a tough one this bird....clearly paying other peoples money to shut people up for groundless accusations is good value.

Or maybe there is a cover up going on.

either way, this is damning...course, nothing will be done and she will get a bonus.

The mere fact that so many staff departed in circumstances where gagging was perceived to be necessary tells you all you need to know about this woman's leadership and management skills.

Sounds like conspiracy to pevert the course of justice to me.

How much longer will the government tolerate this icon of snout dipping at public expense?

Is this the same Hill who's paid over £200k a year and spent £14,000 on leadership coaching (despite her being one of the best)?

Is this the same Hill who's paid over £200k a year and spent £14,000 on leadership coaching (despite her being one of the best)?

Quite a few grand on a recent "glam" photo shoot too.

This woman is making a mockery out of the poor sods who pay council tax on her patch. She will end up with a nervous breakdown knowing the country is against her and her kind and then she will pay herself out a £500k severance and a huge pension for life. She is getting what she can while she can.

Everything that happens in a Local Authority is in the public interest. The use of gagging orders is clearly not.

Hang on a minute. Aren't we constantly hearing how everything would be so much better if women occupied all the senior management positions? That the financial crisis is a result of too much testosterone in the boardroom? This can't be right, she's a saint - I mean, look at her - she's a woman.

diversity2.jpg

post-20797-0-98567400-1301068217_thumb.jpg

Sounds like conspiracy to pevert the course of justice to me.

How much longer will the government tolerate this icon of snout dipping at public expense?

But they are the government. How much longer will the public tolerate it is the question. If we had a referendum on whether to bring these back for council trough pigs what do you think would be the response?

65190-me-and-niamh-in-the-stocks-st-george-bermuda.jpg

But this is not a democracy

Quite a few grand on a recent "glam" photo shoot too.

This woman is making a mockery out of the poor sods who pay council tax on her patch. She will end up with a nervous breakdown knowing the country is against her and her kind and then she will pay herself out a £500k severance and a huge pension for life.

But exactly why isn't there a facebook campaign etc of the type seen for the cat/bin lady?

But they are the government. How much longer will the public tolerate it is the question. If we had a referendum on whether to bring these back for council trough pigs what do you think would be the response?

65190-me-and-niamh-in-the-stocks-st-george-bermuda.jpg

But this is not a democracy

Oh I say! That looks rather fun....twirls moustache to a fine point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369736/Hated-council-boss-oversaw-500-000-payments-gag-departing-staff.html

I wonder if there is anything juicy going on in this council or whether her status has simply allowed people to threat to go to the press and get paid out so they don't?

Anyone not guess who this was about?

Why do you think so many redundancy's are voluntary?

The extra cash is in return for for a confidentiality clause in the deal.

Oh I say! That looks rather fun....twirls moustache to a fine point.

no not that :ph34r:

article-1369736-0211D58100000578-339_233x423.jpg

really slap worthy expression on her face though isn't it. Wail done good.

We live in a meritocracy and this is what we get.

We don't though.

We currently live in a corporatocracy where the people who are good at their jobs get overlook for those that make the most noise, which invariably are the incompetent, making up for their inadequacies with bluster, toadying and brown nosing. With a dash of back stabbing to get them where they want.

Once in their position of power, they bully people into doing what they want in order for them to stay there, which is what appears to be happening with this council.

I expect she is hoping she gets the push - she will get a huge pay off and pop up as a consultant in another council within weeks.

There is also the example of another high profile chief executive who announced his job was now unnecessary - and walked off with a £300,000 pay off just weeks after blocking a £150 a year pay rise for the lowest paid staff at his organisation.

I expect she is hoping she gets the push - she will get a huge pay off and pop up as a consultant in another council within weeks.

There is also the example of another high profile chief executive who announced his job was now unnecessary - and walked off with a £300,000 pay off just weeks after blocking a £150 a year pay rise for the lowest paid staff at his organisation.

Precisely.

Dear Andrea is the living embodiment of the Liebour, Common Purpose, Guardian reading, senior public sector classes...............they only really hate the bankers because their scam trick is maginally less lucrative.

Precisely.

Dear Andrea is the living embodiment of the Liebour, Common Purpose, Guardian reading, senior public sector classes...............they only really hate the bankers because their scam trick is maginally less lucrative.

Yes that trick of governing their own pay rates, deciding on using selective and supportive market salary data whilst ignoring their lucrative pension benefits, paying bonuses for merely doing their jobs that they are already paid to do, the use of expense systems to line their pockets and using the public purse to go on fact-finding trips to exotic locations / get lots of personal training.

They are more like MPs than bankers, though both are pond life in my opinion.

done at the height of the evil troughing - mid 2009

we had an almighty banking crisis, private sector pain - and the troughers are having private photographs done at the cost of £900

the trougher pohotgrapher scum wrote thsi on his blog:

http://blog.robertjohns.co.uk/2011/03/20/the-truth-behind-the-portraits-of-andrea-hill/

Unfortunately Kathy Pollard appears to have jumped in with both feet to score cheap political points without actually making any effort to search for the facts. I wonder if she believes everything presented to her by newspapers without ever doing her own research. Caution might be a word she may want to consider in the future. As far as her boast of getting photographs for £35 is concerned, all I can say is that having googled her and seen the pictures on the web, she needs to go back to her photographer and ask for some post production to get the green colour cast removed from her face.

so it's worth another £850 to get the colour balance right for council literature?

:ph34r:

so it's worth another £850 to get the colour balance right for council literature?

:ph34r:

I think she was insinuating the complaint was motivated by envy rather than ethics. The default retort of every greedy b4stard sociopath!