House Price Crash Forum
getknk

Burnley - Home For Cheapest Homes

not sure if its posted, but search didn't show.. plz remove if it was posted already

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-12850510

Guess the price should be future of hpc !!

Burnley has the cheapest homes to buy anywhere in England and Wales, according to a property website. The cheapest homes were found on Angle Street, where the average property cost £32,400 in the last year.

Edited by getknk

not sure if its posted, but search didn't show.. plz remove if it was posted already

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12850510

Burnley has the cheapest homes to buy anywhere in England and Wales, according to a property website. The cheapest homes were found on Angle Street, where the average property cost £32,400 in the last year.

Why so cheap?

Why so cheap?

Burnley is a S##th#le! Unforrtunately i was born there. My Family are from there and it worries me. There are few jobs, few oportunities and no real wealth. Burnley was once a prosperous mill town but that ended a long time ago.

Avoid at all costs!

N

Why so cheap?

Short answer: Islam.

In muslim areas the local Imam sets the price and if you're selling then that's all anyone will offer you. Generally non-muslims won't move into muslim areas and muslims won't go against a fatwa from the Imam. There's no free market.

Short answer: Islam.

In muslim areas the local Imam sets the price and if you're selling then that's all anyone will offer you. Generally non-muslims won't move into muslim areas and muslims won't go against a fatwa from the Imam. There's no free market.

Edited by needsleep

If you interviewed a dozen liebour drones, tory drones, libdem drones i'd expect similar results. Most people cant string a sentence together in this county.

I dont see what people have against the EDL. They only exist because of the insanity of the current situation. In a sane world, they wouldnt have to exist as commonsense would ensure islam, all religion's, are never given special treatment.

As it stands i can slaughter animals in the most obscene fashion because 'its my religion to' or ignore dress codes, again, because i believe in some baseless fairy tale. This isnt about religious persecution. Quite the opposite, its about putting a stop to the preferential treatment or special dispensation some religions receive.

The EDLs request that sharia law submit to British law, and have the Koran re-written to agree with British law seems eminently sensible to me.

Its very easy to sit and snipe at the sidelines, but get down to brass tacks and more and more the EDL seem like the one sane voice in a sea of stupidity.

Burnley is a S##th#le! Unforrtunately i was born there. My Family are from there and it worries me. There are few jobs, few oportunities and no real wealth. Burnley was once a prosperous mill town but that ended a long time ago.

Avoid at all costs!

N

I'm originally from Rossendale and for my sins a massive Burnley FC fan, so I know the town very well. Plus I have lots of family living in Nelson.

Many of the areas are run down or boarded up, but apart from the Islam mention being correct I would also suggest that it is mainly down to a lack of money in the area. Without jobs there is no money.

I seem to recall many years ago the local council selling properties at auction with opening bids being 1p.

If you are looking to purchase property to let and are happy with benefit tenants, then the numbers stack up nicely. The problem is keeping the property in a good condition.

The football club have been planning to open up a sports university and quite a lot of rebuilding is planned. Whether this happens is a different story, but should it happen, then it could be a place ripe for investing in property for students. Of course this would bring quite a lot of work to the town too.

Most people that do work commute to other parts of Lancashire, Manchester or Yorkshire, but the commuting is not straight forward.

Just to add.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should go out and buy, but for any investors out there, it could be worth keeping an eye on. ;)

Are you an EA or something - oh, hang on... apparently you are!

Are you an EA or something - oh, hang on... apparently you are!

And your point is?

I'm not exactly trying to hide the fact and its not like I operate in Burnley due to me being in Swansea.

People asked why it was so cheap, so I told them, but I also mentioned that it could become an improved area should the developments go ahead which obviously make it good for investors, but also good for a house buyer. They can buy cheap and be in a very affordable property where the local town improves around them.

I don't own a house and would love to see prices come down further, so that I can buy and also actually do some business.

FFS. The true answer is that the average house in Burnley is somewhat below the standards of the average UK house. This is the average £35k house in Burnley:

30952et.jpg

You are correct that £35K is a fair value, in fact more than generous. But I was explaining why the fantasy valuations that pertain elsewhere do not apply in certain areas, such as Burnley.

PressTV is Iranian! They would naturally choose the most incoherent possible EDL supporter to interview. They may have several other interviews in the can which presented the EDL in a more sensible light but have chosen not to show them.

Edited by Nationalist

And your point is?

I'm not exactly trying to hide the fact and its not like I operate in Burnley due to me being in Swansea.

People asked why it was so cheap, so I told them, but I also mentioned that it could become an improved area should the developments go ahead which obviously make it good for investors, but also good for a house buyer. They can buy cheap and be in a very affordable property where the local town improves around them.

I don't own a house and would love to see prices come down further, so that I can buy and also actually do some business.

'twas in jest - I started writing something along the lines of perhaps you should be an EA and then saw your forum name. Great to have EAs post here - I make comments over on the EA today site and have encouraged some of the regulars there to contribute here. Alas, there's a bit of an 'us versus them' mentality still which I am trying to break down.

It has also been noted by others wiser than I on HPC that with low volumes, EAs are likely to be pushing for lower prices and thus helping the cause!

EDIT to add: Seems like the EAs over on EAT are as unhappy about the budget FTB help as HPCers are!

Edited by rantnrave

'us versus them'

Funny you should say that. I feel like that on here :D

My problem is other EA's :o

I can't win instructions because they are still appraising property too high.

The budget in general for us/me was a complete waste of time.

Edited by SwanseaPropertyAgents

I can't win instructions because they are still appraising property too high.

The appraisal issue is a classic case of the prisoner's dilemma. There was a good thread here a few weeks back about an EA who charged fees based on the original asking price not the final sold figure. Applied univerally that could shake things up a bit!

So Islam is good for HPC then?

I'd put more stock in the "burnley is a shithole" angle

Leicester, Leeds, Birmingham, London have high asian populations, but their prices are higher because they're not 100% shitholes (obviously in places they are)

Leicester, Leeds, Birmingham, London have high asian populations, but their prices are higher because they're not 100% shitholes (obviously in places they are)

Lutons pretty cheap compared to the surrounding area. IIRC St Albans is the most expensive town in the UK. Either there or Gerrards cross, one of the two. Lutons only a couple of miles down the road.

And Leicester and to an extent Birmingham are more Indian not muslim-asian.

London....well obviously its very area dependent. South London doesnt seem the most desirable of areas.

Not sure about Leeds. Full of students isnt it? Ie immigrants who come here to learn, not make bombs and preach hate. Id guess Leeds is big enough to have Muslim/non muslim areas, whereas Burnley probably doesnt.

That said, while ive never been to Burnley other than driven through (and didnt see a soul then!) it doesnt look *that* islamified on paper.

Convert on paper now!

With the money saved on the mortgage you could frequent and keep open the local pub!

You are correct that £35K is a fair value, in fact more than generous. But I was explaining why the fantasy valuations that pertain elsewhere do not apply in certain areas, such as Burnley.

£35k is lunacy

They cant even give them away for £22.5k

UNSOLD

http://www.eigroup.co.uk/auctioneer-templates/LotDetails.aspx?LotID=606998&a=5&c=brn

UNSOLD

It makes me laugh it didnt sell over a £250.00p difference. It probably cost more than £250 to get a train from burnley to London for the auction day!