House Price Crash Forum
olliegog

Some Price Drop

just found this on right move - now living in Herefordshire -

it was obviously overpriced to start (and is still overpriced) and being Grade 11 * listed would not help a sale but the smelling of the coffee is strong :o

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30028424.html?premiumA=true

editted to add link

Edited by olliegog

I don't see any price drop in the propertybee history... am I doing sommat wrong?

PB no longer works on individual property pages.

You have to look at the history on a "list" page.

And it doesn't look overpriced to me. It's well within the price range of similar in the area.

And it doesn't look overpriced to me. It's well within the price range of similar in the area.

£400,000, or nearly *half a million pounds* for a house doesn't look overpriced?

That's at least 15x local income.

PB no longer works on individual property pages.

You have to look at the history on a "list" page.

Eh? It works perfectly fine for me. I think there's something wrong with your setup.

Fri 25 March 2011 11:53:43

• Agent found: Fox Grant
  • Agents Address found: Lanark House New Street' date=' Ledbury, HR8 2DX[*']Agents Location found: Ledbury
  • Detailed Description found: Tenure: Freehold Magnificent & Historic Village House with Adaptable Outbuilding and Large Private Garden. Grade II* Listed with 6 Bedrooms, 4 Reception Rooms, Retaining Fine Period Features. * Histor...
  • Price changed: Offers Over £560,000£440,000

Tue 15 March 2011 19:28:56

• Price changed: Offers in Excess of Over £560,000

Sat 26 February 2011 06:29:03

• Price changed: Guide Price £599,950Offers in Excess of £560,000

Fri 16 July 2010 17:26:39

• Status changed: AvailablePremium Listing

Mon 05 July 2010 17:10:31

• Price changed: Guide Price £675,000£599,950

Wed 26 May 2010 17:19:29

• Brief Description changed: Magnificent & Historic Village House with Adaptable Outbuilding and large Large Adjoining Outbuilding with Great Potential. Private Garden. Grade II* House with 6 Bedrooms, 4 Reception Rooms Retaining Considerable Fine Period Features.

Tue 25 May 2010 06:12:00

• Brief Description found: Magnificent & Historic Village House with Adaptable Outbuilding and large Private Garden. Grade II* House with 6 Bedrooms, 4 Reception Rooms Retaining Considerable Fine Period Features. Large Adjoinin...
  • Price found: Guide Price £675,000
  • Status found: Available
  • Subtitle found: 6 bedroom character property
  • Title found: Weobley, Hereford

I've noticed lots of biggish rural houses appearing for sale (South Herefordshire). The comment about local wages is very relevant. With Local Authority jobs under threat there aren't many organisations round here with the salaries to take on these houses. In the past 10 years there would have been some Escape to the Country types to sell their house somewhere else and move to a relaxed idyllic lifestyle in the country but they must be getting scarcer. Add to that:

- the cost of heating oil (there's often no mains gas in some of these places and they take a lot of heating - you can't put pVC double glazing in. You also risk getting your £700 worth of heating oil nicked from the tank in the garden while you're out.

- the cost of getting anywhere to work, shop, visit, take the kids etc

-vulnerability of small village schools, shops and pubs

and what looks on the surface like a good buy could become a liability unless you really have a reason to live there.

Y

£400,000, or nearly *half a million pounds* for a house doesn't look overpriced?

That's at least 15x local income.

It's a six bedroom period building.

It is not local worker fodder.

tim

Eh? It works perfectly fine for me. I think there's something wrong with your setup.

Property Bee broke on individual pages as per the thread about 6 months ago (which I can't find because I see that the broken search on this site still isn't fixed) and as far as I can see, still is.

There have been no reports of a fix that I should download.

tim

Property Bee broke on individual pages as per the thread about 6 months ago (which I can't find because I see that the broken search on this site still isn't fixed) and as far as I can see, still is.

There have been no reports of a fix that I should download.

tim

Property Bee working fine for me on individual pages. Just checked the one above and can see all the changes listed.

Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?

Er, I actually cut and pasted the proof that it is not broken. :rolleyes: See above.

Edited by mrtickle

Property Bee working fine for me on individual pages. Just checked the one above and can see all the changes listed.

Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?

No, I was waiting for someone to come along and announce that a fix was available.

We had such a long thread about it when it broke I was expecting this.

It is hardly reasonable for me to re-install the plug-in every week, just in case

tim

Er, I actually cut and pasted the proof that it is not broken. :rolleyes: See above.

No you didn't.

I can obtain the exact same information on a "list" page, and you didn't attach anything that proves it came from an "individual" page.

(I'm not suggesting that you are lying, only that I might not have made the point about what is broken clear enough)

tim