House Price Crash Forum
shindigger

Fp Laying It On Thick

Nice work, Killer. :)

Shame, I missed seeing that.

Good old FP.

Haven't seen him in the media for awhile.

Roughly, what did he say?

From what I remember he used to say property to go down 30%.

My fave saying of his was "I wouldn't touch property with a bargepole".

Was it live or will it be re run?

Should be on his site later today. Follow on Twitter to see where/when he'll be on.

Caught part of it while trying to find some barbie dvds for the little one.

Was talking about being in a 20 year depression and how this government, like all governments, has their heads in the sand about the debt levels. Said something scathing about helping FTBers and heaped plenty of scorn on the bankers.

Caught part of it while trying to find some barbie dvds for the little one.

Was talking about being in a 20 year depression and how this government, like all governments, has their heads in the sand about the debt levels. Said something scathing about helping FTBers and heaped plenty of scorn on the bankers.

FP has the same curse as Cassandra. He may be right but no one will listen, tragic.

Just by chance, I happened to see the whole thing. Right or wrong, FP's views are such a contrast (both in style and content) to other news guests, that he can be quite fascinating to watch when on the relatively mainstream media.

The news-reader chappie couldn't quite believe his ears I think, but he actually did play along -- he didn't just resort to saying, 'surely, you're joking, Mr Davis'. So that was nice.

Should be on his site later today. Follow on Twitter to see where/when he'll be on.

Yeah I saw you put it on twitter earlier but I was out so missed it unfortunatley. I check the site later cheers.

The news-reader chappie couldn't quite believe his ears I think, but he actually did play along -- he didn't just resort to saying, 'surely, you're joking, Mr Davis'. So that was nice.

That's exactly what they were saying a couple of years ago. Now more are able to see the bubble for what it is because FP is no longer a lone voice and their perception of reality has already been shattered.

I didn't catch the broadcast so look forward to seeing a link to it posted here later.

That's exactly what they were saying a couple of years ago. Now more are able to see the bubble for what it is because FP is no longer a lone voice and their perception of reality has already been shattered.

I really think it hasn't been shattered for most people. The problem we face in contrast to 1992 is that then the rise was fast and didn't last long so people accepted that house prices could fall back to the norm. This time the rise was more drawn out, the peak has lasted nearly 10 years and has become the new norm. Most people just can't think that prices could ever be sub 100K average again, that's something "from the distant past, money has a different value now". The 2 things i've found successfully crack this illusion a bit is to adjust a 1995 house price with regular inflation which gives a dramatically lower number than HPI, or compare average house price to average earnings ratios. Obviously both these prove moneys current value but even then there tends to be a blank minded disbelief still as the new norm is so engrained in peoples view of reality. I suspect we just have to wait for an economic armageddon when people accept they've lost everything or more slowly with forced sales gradually drawing down the market. I don't think it will be simply talked down with logic.

JD isn't very prescriptive on how to fix our broken economy. He says, "No gain without pain," but if one were to spell it out it would look like this:

- Cut spending until the budget is balanced.

- Cut spending even more so business/industry can have tax cuts to stimulate growth

- Raise interest rates to kill inflation stone dead

Those of us of a nationalist disposition would offset the consequential job loses by deporting 3 to 4 million immigrants and giving their jobs to unemployed natives. (Full employment would put a big dent in the deficit!)

JD isn't very prescriptive on how to fix our broken economy. He says, "No gain without pain," but if one were to spell it out it would look like this:

- Cut spending even more so business/industry can have tax cuts to stimulate growth

Those of us of a rational disposition would offset the consequential job loses by deporting 3 to 4 million immigrants and giving their jobs to unemployed natives. (Full employment would put a big dent in the deficit!)

Those of us of a nationalist disposition would offset the consequential job loses by deporting 3 to 4 million immigrants and giving their jobs to unemployed natives. (Full employment would put a big dent in the deficit!)

Not really wanting to take this thread in another direction but surely that would require the natives to want to do the work that the current immigrants do?