House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Oh God! Mr Smug Grant Bovey Is Back!

Just a year after his property company collapsed with debts of £50million, TV presenter Anthea Turner’s ‘humiliated’ husband Grant Bovey has been discharged from his bankruptcy.

The 49-year-old entrepreneur received his automatic discharge a week ago, 12 months after his voluntary petition was heard at Guildford County Court, Surrey.

Bovey is now freed from debt and has already started the process of trying to turn his fortunes around, opening a new bank account and working on a ‘number of projects’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369319/Bankrupt-Bovey-business.html#ixzz1HUuI7sTC

Got to hand it to him, he has played the system well.

Are you telling me he doesn't have a few £mill stashed away for his new 'projects'? If I had my time again, I would do the same thing.

When honesty becomes a sacrifice, don't expect the good to remain good, to become fodder for the immoral...

a few million quid stashed yet to materialise?

yet, unlike his profits, they WILL...I personally doubt there are any millionsstashed.

Are you telling me he doesn't have a few £mill stashed away for his new 'projects'?

Seem to recall a suggestion on here that he'd paid Anthea a couple of mil for "design consultancy" or some such non-job eyewash. I believe that there are ways of salting away money in such circumstances.

However, such forward planning implies doubts in his own company. I look forward to the sight of Grant suing himself for thinking such things.

Just a year after his property company collapsed with debts of £50million, TV presenter Anthea Turner's 'humiliated' husband Grant Bovey has been discharged from his bankruptcy.

The 49-year-old entrepreneur received his automatic discharge a week ago, 12 months after his voluntary petition was heard at Guildford County Court, Surrey.

Bovey is now freed from debt and has already started the process of trying to turn his fortunes around, opening a new bank account and working on a 'number of projects'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1HUuI7sTC

'G'-rant! :P

Got to hand it to him, he has played the system well.

Are you telling me he doesn't have a few £mill stashed away for his new 'projects'? If I had my time again, I would do the same thing.

When honesty becomes a sacrifice, don't expect the good to remain good, to become fodder for the immoral...

For a start, if I had the money to play the system, I would make sure that I would load my pension plan to the brim before going bust. I suppose I would also "gift" friends and family with the firm intention to receive gifts in return. Having said that, I trust there must be loads of more elaborate (and probably even legal) ways of hiding money until d-day and then quietly finding that money again...

For a start, if I had the money to play the system, I would make sure that I would load my pension plan to the brim before going bust. I suppose I would also "gift" friends and family with the firm intention to receive gifts in return. Having said that, I trust there must be loads of more elaborate (and probably even legal) ways of hiding money until d-day and then quietly finding that money again...

An ammo crate full of G-o-l-d buried somewhere would be a start.

I wish i'd stayed in my old house and not looked for work when i was made redundant a few years ago. Our mortgage was base rate + 0.1% (makes today's mortgages look bad doesn't it!!). I'd be making about 3% profit out of SMI.

I really wish i hadn't paid off debt too. I'm now realising that owing banks money is more powerful than having twice that invested with them. Madness.

In future i would definitely hide any savings above the means tested limit in shiny metal assets so that i could claim benefits.

Funny thing is my relatives are coming round to my way of thinking. They're old-school "must work for a living" types and are so disillusioned with the way things are that when i say "i'm thinking about jacking it all in to live on benefits and spend time with family" they tend to say "good on you". Never thought i'd hear that!!

Grant Bovey's ex-wife leaves her second husband... and steals another woman's partner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1370264/Anthea-Turner-copycat-Grant-Boveys-ex-wife-Della-steals-partner-woman.html

''Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive''

Deception is a false reality imposed on a true reality. It is a fragile and complex weaving of truth, half truths', lies and lies of omission. To successfully deceive another or several people, one must be skilled in the art of deception. To create a deception worthy of belief one must be able to create plausible details that help create the illusion of truth. It is the details that people listen to and remember and the one deceiving is obligated to remember these detail in order to avoid having the lie exposed. The problem with remembering the lies we tell is that all people are basically good and we tend to forget the bad things we've done. In order to successfully perpetuate deception, the liar must be willing to live that lie when necessary. This becomes the tangled web we weave, especially when first we practice to deceive.

It means if you tell lies you'd better have a really good memory or you'll end up in a tangle of lies, half-truths and truths.

Habitual liars can frequently be easily recognised because they like to keep various groups of friends and acquaintances separate for fear they'll exchange notes, thus causing the web to unravel.

It's amusing to watch a confirmed liar finding themself at a function where, say, workmates and friends are present together; they fidget and glance nervously at the various groups...who'd probably never wonder about their tales except for their nervous behaviour.

It's from Sir Walter Scott's long poem, Marmion. I think that the above explanations are very interesting, but would add that a web is what is woven by a spider, and its function is to trap flies with its stickiness; the more they wriggle to get away, the more they entangle themselves in it. Scott is warning us that the liar spins and weaves his own trap for himself, not realising he has done so until he's caught in it. Oo, nasty!

Grant Bovey and his wife Anthea Turner have bought a new £5 million mansion – just a month after the businessman was discharged from bankruptcy.

More than 200 creditors are still owed millions of pounds after Mr Bovey’s property company Imagine Homes went bust in 2008.

The new mock-Tudor mansion is spread over almost two acres of land in a private road in Esher, Surrey, and boasts an indoor swimming pool with a vaulted ceiling and roof lanterns.

It also has an accompanying steam room and viewing balcony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1375347/The-new-5m-Bovey-Towers-Anthea-paid-says-newly-discharged-bankrupt-Grant-owes-3m.html

This story has made me so angry I have just shouted at the dog. (Although I don't think the dog knows who Grant Bovey is.)

Danny - what the hell did you shout? "REFORM BANKRUPCTY LAWS"? "******* BOVEY"? "BAD DOG, IN YOUR BASKET FOR NOT RIPPING HIS THROAT OUT"?

The people need to know

this is an example of bad lending, at its worst.

A lender has allowed its loan to be distributed to 3rd parties by the dodgey Bovey.

In reality, the bankers should have forced the OR to look at all the activities....and to ask the question if £200K in consultancy is a fair sum for a spouse to take....thats 8 times average wage for this item alone.

Grant Bovey and his wife Anthea Turner have bought a new £5 million mansion – just a month after the businessman was discharged from bankruptcy.

More than 200 creditors are still owed millions of pounds after Mr Bovey’s property company Imagine Homes went bust in 2008.

The new mock-Tudor mansion is spread over almost two acres of land in a private road in Esher, Surrey, and boasts an indoor swimming pool with a vaulted ceiling and roof lanterns.

It also has an accompanying steam room and viewing balcony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1375347/The-new-5m-Bovey-Towers-Anthea-paid-says-newly-discharged-bankrupt-Grant-owes-3m.html

It would be interesting to know where the money came from.

Did anthea turner put all the deposit money up, or did grant bovey make a sizeable contribution? If he did, then he must have been hiding assets from creditors, barring a big win on the lottery.

Mr Bovey must be at risk of a cricked neck with all that looking over his shoulder he needs to keep doing.

It only takes one of the many people that he ripped off for their life savings to decide to extract payment in lieu by means of a pound of flesh and we could be reading about GB taking a hideous beating or some hot lead from a scoped rifle.

Not that such measures could ever be condoned, but its possible to see why people get driven to such lengths when things like this happen

....I don't really care where he lives or who paid for it.....all I care for is the small business or person that did not get paid what they were due, or the promises that were made that didn't materialise, or the people that were let down and were disappointed, the trust that was gained but was abused....behind every failed business, with intention to fail or not is another failed business or businesses, and a trust that has been broken. ;)

....I don't really care where he lives or who paid for it.....all I care for is the small business or person that did not get paid what they were due, or the promises that were made that didn't materialise, or the people that were let down and were disappointed, the trust that was gained but was abused....behind every failed business, with intention to fail or not is another failed business or businesses, and a trust that has been broken. ;)

Trust doesn't come into it - Kunt & Co made the country into a ponzi scheme to keep their oh so important positions and the grace and favour of brown. Not only that they personally set about maintaining their wealth when they turned on the QE taps - shuffling all their pension rights into inflation protected positions whilst handing the bill and a fuk you note to savers and the prudent.

It is the scum at the top that are to blame.

The new £5m Bovey Towers... not bad for a just discharged bankrupt who still owes £3m (But as he says: 'Anthea paid')

http://www.dailymail...nt-owes-3m.html

steal thousands, you go to jail

steal millions, you become a media celebrity

steal billions, you get knighted for services to banking

Trust doesn't come into it - Kunt & Co made the country into a ponzi scheme to keep their oh so important positions and the grace and favour of brown. Not only that they personally set about maintaining their wealth when they turned on the QE taps - shuffling all their pension rights into inflation protected positions whilst handing the bill and a fuk you note to savers and the prudent.

It is the scum at the top that are to blame.

...if so could it be the 'scum' will get their cumeuppance? ;)