House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
okaycuckoo

Sophisticated Investor? My Backside!

US courts generally tell sophisticated investors (pension funds) who bought into the bank ******** to sod off - they should have known better. But Europe sees it another way:

(Reuters) - Germany's top appeals court has found Deutsche Bank liable for damages on high-risk interest rate swaps it sold, a landmark decision that could set off a wave of other claims.

German paper company Ille Papier Service sought 540,000 euro ($766,000) damages, alleging it had not been adequately informed about the potential risks stemming from complex financial products sold by Deutsche Bank.

The ruling on Tuesday by the Bundesgerichtshof, Germany's final appeals court, is being closely watched by a host of European cities and municipalities that are also seeking damages from a raft of banks including JP Morgan and Commerzbank over the way they marketed similar sophisticated swap deals that ultimately unraveled.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/22/us-deutschebank-ruling-idUSTRE72L62920110322

Satisfying that the bank is held to account, but long term I prefer the US approach - what you see is what you get, and if you don't see then recognise that and stay out of the market.

Satisfying that the bank is held to account, but long term I prefer the US approach - what you see is what you get, and if you don't see then recognise that and stay out of the market.

...agreed ...too many idiots claiming to be stupid ...and a bunch of aspiring failures to jump on this bandwagon soon....do not understand this German ruling and point of view.... <_<

Having started working for Deutsche Bank in November, last Thursday I resigned. As an IT developer (from an actuarial background) I had had enough of the speed at which they were trying to get things done with the resources they had without what I felt was adequate documentation and testing.

If my experiences were symptomatic of what lead to this court ruling I am not surprised DB are in the news again for the wrong reasons for at least the third time this year.

Edited by Dave Spart

US courts generally tell sophisticated investors (pension funds) who bought into the bank ******** to sod off - they should have known better. But Europe sees it another way:

(Reuters) - Germany's top appeals court has found Deutsche Bank liable for damages on high-risk interest rate swaps it sold, a landmark decision that could set off a wave of other claims.

German paper company Ille Papier Service sought 540,000 euro ($766,000) damages, alleging it had not been adequately informed about the potential risks stemming from complex financial products sold by Deutsche Bank.

The ruling on Tuesday by the Bundesgerichtshof, Germany's final appeals court, is being closely watched by a host of European cities and municipalities that are also seeking damages from a raft of banks including JP Morgan and Commerzbank over the way they marketed similar sophisticated swap deals that ultimately unraveled.

http://www.reuters.c...E72L62920110322

What you see is what you get....tell that to the sophisticated clients of recent Ponzi fraudsters, like Berni Madeoff.