House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
small_stakes

Houseprices.co.uk

Up to end Feb will be done at end of March, but up to end Feb release may not include property sales between end Nov and end Feb since there is up top 3 months registration delay. Also excludes other transactions.

Does anyone know when the Houseprices.co.uk website updates it's data for the latest month? Currently got up to end Jan.

Does anyone know when the Houseprices.co.uk website updates it's data for the latest month? Currently got up to end Jan.

the first few days of each month, if you scroll down the first page it says (at the bottom) when it was last updated.

until recently I would go there every few days eagerly waiting for updates until I realised it was only updated when LR data is released, i.e. once a month. Should next be updated on 3rd or 4th of April

I'll be checking too about a repo apparently I was outbid on back in December (but no sold sign appeared). It'll be great if someone could bump the thread.

I'll be checking too about a repo apparently I was outbid on back in December (but no sold sign appeared). It'll be great if someone could bump the thread.

Repos are generally not included in the disclosed numbers.

You will have to buy the particular record that you want

tim

There are sales I know of that just are not featured on that site.

Are auctions included? They must be, surely.

Anything that distorts the figures down is removed.

auctions, repos, company sales etc

The LR release the data on the 20th working day of the month. I try and update the following day, i.e. 21st working day.

The update will contain data up to the end of the previous month, e.g. the update end March will contain data up to end Feb, including some sales with completion dates end Feb.

Note that sales can take up to a few years to wind their way through the system though!

You can sign up for an alert on the results page, where you get an email once I have completed the update.

Repos are generally not included in the disclosed numbers.

You will have to buy the particular record that you want

tim

OK thanks.

The LR release the data on the 20th working day of the month. I try and update the following day, i.e. 21st working day.

The update will contain data up to the end of the previous month, e.g. the update end March will contain data up to end Feb, including some sales with completion dates end Feb.

Note that sales can take up to a few years to wind their way through the system though!

You can sign up for an alert on the results page, where you get an email once I have completed the update.

Thanks for posting on HPC. Great site - hope it has served you well, as it has us!

Thanks. It's a v good website ... much easier to use than some of the others.

This is x-posted from the Balham board ... glamorous S London where I'm afraid the crash definitely happened in late '08/early '09 and has mostly reversed since then:

One thing that's bothered me is supply (and if it's going up/down/moving sideways). Anecdotally there is still demand.

Rightmove has 477 for sale in SW12, with 292 not UO/SSTC/&c. That implies that 185 *are* UO/SSTC/&c.Obviously there will be dupes/places not on RM/&c.

"From Houseprices.co.uk, there were 22 sales in SW12 in January (up to 26/1, not sure how holiday affects it), 49 in December, 46 in November, 47 in October." Say the average is 47. Obviously Feb sales haven't come on to the website yet, will be interesting to see if Feb is back up to December levels.

UO/SSTC/&c 185/47 = 3.9 months of average sales right now. Obviously sales take time (3-4 months?) to work through the system &

then end up on houseprices.co.uk.

Available 292/47 = 6.2 months

Total = 10.1 months

Does that sound normal to anyone? I don't have any old stats to hand unfortunately.

the first few days of each month, if you scroll down the first page it says (at the bottom) when it was last updated.

until recently I would go there every few days eagerly waiting for updates until I realised it was only updated when LR data is released, i.e. once a month. Should next be updated on 3rd or 4th of April

Ta ... I feel slightly stupid, but always better to ask the obvious questions ...

Many thanks, your site is my first port of call for sales info: plain, simple, effective.

Thanks. It's a v good website ... much easier to use than some of the others.

This is x-posted from the Balham board ... glamorous S London where I'm afraid the crash definitely happened in late '08/early '09 and has mostly reversed since then:

One thing that's bothered me is supply (and if it's going up/down/moving sideways). Anecdotally there is still demand.

Rightmove has 477 for sale in SW12, with 292 not UO/SSTC/&c. That implies that 185 *are* UO/SSTC/&c.Obviously there will be dupes/places not on RM/&c.

"From Houseprices.co.uk, there were 22 sales in SW12 in January (up to 26/1, not sure how holiday affects it), 49 in December, 46 in November, 47 in October." Say the average is 47. Obviously Feb sales haven't come on to the website yet, will be interesting to see if Feb is back up to December levels.

UO/SSTC/&c 185/47 = 3.9 months of average sales right now. Obviously sales take time (3-4 months?) to work through the system &

then end up on houseprices.co.uk.

Available 292/47 = 6.2 months

Total = 10.1 months

Does that sound normal to anyone? I don't have any old stats to hand unfortunately.

Replying to my own post but hey ho ... http://www.housepric...=sw12&s=11&n=10 shows that 13 (thirteen) sales were registered between 28/1 and 15/2. So admittedly only a 2 week period, but unless HP.co.uk is missing some sales or still needs to be updated or more sales were registered in the 2nd half of Feb, that means there isn't much of a spring bounce.

Wonder why that is? Anyone would think they are trying to encourage HPI rather than report facts.

they claim:

Land Registry's House Price Index is the most accurate independent house price index available. Using our data set of completed sales, it is the only index based on repeat sales. It includes figures at national, regional, county and London borough level.

http://www.landreg.gov.uk/houseprices/

Can we set the ASA on them for that?

Property auction data are available since 1991 from Essential

Information Group (EIG). From around 2000 these data cover

all property sold in auction rooms — on average 1,300 house

sales per month, equivalent to 1.3% of all housing market

transactions (Chart 2).(2) This section examines first how the

number of auction sales has evolved. It then constructs an

aggregate price index for housing auction data before

comparing this measure to other house price indices.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/quarterlybulletin/qb100304.pdf

Chart A and table 1 worth a look maybe.

Hi Dan

I see sales are up to 15/2 say ... is this all the data you've had from the LR then? (ie there is a 6 week lag)

Thanks

Simon