House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellerkat

Today's Dilbert

Yup, loads of people are just work work work, what are those things and popped out of your wife that you never see... oh your kids!!

But don't worry, your manager Greg thinks your doing a great job, shame he's not planning on leaving anytime soon so who knows when you'll get a promotion? Well, you could always murder him that way someone would have to fill the void .... yes that seems like a really good idea ..... being a slave is so cool, being stuck on your blackberry when everyone is out having fun makes you sooo cool and important!

Yup, loads of people are just work work work, what are those things and popped out of your wife that you never see... oh your kids!!

But don't worry, your manager Greg thinks your doing a great job, shame he's not planning on leaving anytime soon so who knows when you'll get a promotion? Well, you could always murder him that way someone would have to fill the void .... yes that seems like a really good idea ..... being a slave is so cool, being stuck on your blackberry when everyone is out having fun makes you sooo cool and important!

Well I guess if your such as hard worker who spends every hour working in your spare time .- then you can always start a business of your own.

Sick of career climbers/office types about how hard they work, how much their obsessed with their jobs - all the while earning pretty average salaries.

Well I guess if your such as hard worker who spends every hour working in your spare time .- then you can always start a business of your own.

Sick of career climbers/office types about how hard they work, how much their obsessed with their jobs - all the while earning pretty average salaries.

Since when did hard work ever get you anywhere? I learnt that harsh lession quite early on thankfully.

In one of my old private sector jobs, I remember being constantly compared to a couple of peers as they stayed till eight every night, were as I was out the door no more than half an our extra. No one bothered to ask WHY they were staying behind for so long every night. Transpired that they were both sub contracting on the side using their work's office equipment. :lol:

Since when did hard work ever get you anywhere? I learnt that harsh lession quite early on thankfully.

In one of my old private sector jobs, I remember being constantly compared to a couple of peers as they stayed till eight every night, were as I was out the door no more than half an our extra. No one bothered to ask WHY they were staying behind for so long every night. Transpired that they were both sub contracting on the side using their work's office equipment. :lol:

:lol: Superb.

Someone once explained to me that selling your time at an hourly rate (a "job") is just about the least useful thing you can do with your time. Suppose, during the first hour of the first day at your new job, you make your boss a million and pay for your salary many, many, many times over. Well, you still have to work the rest of the day, then the rest of the year, to get your salary.

There are a gazillion more cash productive ways to spend your time than being any one's employee.

Like what? - Buy to let Landlord? Got a few properties rented out, and a few things on the side - it would be nice to earn some real money on the side

Make your boss a Millionaire? - lets see working as a middle manager - your hardly likely to make our boss a million pounds.

I don't like the entire concept of a job, the employer and employee relationship - Once you get into a career path your kind of pigeoned holed certain types of jobs

None whatsoever. In fact, it would be a distinct disadvantage.

Good because I only pass the workshy qualification

Someone once gave me a very useful idea of how to think up businesses. Think of any problem you have, where there is no current solution. Then think of a solution.

Worthy of a Viz top tip. I hope you didn't pay good money for that advice :lol: