House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Email The Papers - Ftb Hindrance

FTB help that lends then 20% interest free doesn't help them at all! They're still having to take on massive debt. It's the developers who will benefit from being able to keep all their new build prices propped up - not just the few the scheme will directly help.

It is a hindrance to the recovery to further prop up house prices in this way.

High house prices have been directly linked to child poverty in a recent report, so this "help" is directly damaging the welfare of children in the UK.

Email your local free paper and as many of the main ones you can.

Send same thing you write to each if you want.

ALSO:

<bbcbreakfast@bbc.co.uk>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/you-and-yours/contact-us/

Edited by SarahBell

FTB help that lends then 20% interest free doesn't help them at all! They're still having to take on massive debt. It's the developers who will benefit from being able to keep all their new build prices propped up - not just the few the scheme will directly help.

It is a hindrance to the recovery to further prop up house prices in this way.

High house prices have been directly linked to child poverty in a recent report, so this "help" is directly damaging the welfare of children in the UK.

Email your local free paper and as many of the main ones you can.

Send same thing you write to each if you want.

ALSO:

<bbcbreakfast@bbc.co.uk>

http://www.bbc.co.uk...urs/contact-us/

Sent.

Radical Problems require Radical solutions.

This Helping Hand scheme, is nothing more than the latest incarnation of a government supporting Vested Interests, attempting to 'transfer debt' onto FTB's.

The coalition are going to spend Ten years getting nowhere at this rate.

I cannot work for another ten years for nothing. As a Debt slave, when its not my debt.

Why should people who do not own property, pay to keep everyone else's property massively overinflated?

Another ten years would be like a life sentence

If You feel like having a bit of a rant, and getting your point of view across.

This phone number is for Grant Shapp's correspondence team on 0303 444 4260.

It is manned by civil servants.

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Edited by Dan1

If You feel like having a bit of a rant, and getting your point of view across.

This phone number is for Grant Shapp's correspondence team on 0303 444 4260.

It is manned by civil servants.

I probably would but I have no voice whatsoever at the moment.

Great idea!!

If people have time it would be good to see HPC'ers adding Readers Comments to relevant web based newspaper articles.

We need a sea of HPC'er Readers Letters to be published in hard copy (and web based) newspapers + a sea of HPC'er inspired Readers Comments across the newspapers on the web spelling out why this use of £250m by George is such a bad idea. I imagine that £250 million could have been very usefully used in Health or Education or helping small businesses (non-property related, of course).

FTB help that lends then 20% interest free doesn't help them at all! They're still having to take on massive debt.

It does help, it is better than having to take out an unsecured loan at over 10% interest for your deposit, or even worse 30% on your credit cards.

Great idea!!

If people have time it would be good to see HPC'ers adding Readers Comments to relevant web based newspaper articles.

+1

I'm in and will be adding comments as and when I can today. I'd also ask anyone reading this who doesn't have the time to add a comment themself to please click on the green arrows, or recommed, of any pro value housing comments to bost their popularity.

Good thread. We need to do some lobbying. The VIs do it so should we!

Indeed.

*bump*

Does anyone have cartoon skills to draw a child-catcher style figure offering a shady 20% deposit loan?

Edited by SarahBell

It does help, it is better than having to take out an unsecured loan at over 10% interest for your deposit, or even worse 30% on your credit cards.

these are not a deposit...these are desparation...fear of missing out.

I email that waste of space Shapps and my MP with....................

The 'help' for first time buyers in The Budget is a scam. It will not help FTBs, it will help the builders excessive profits and the parasites that line their pockets when a house is sold. It will keep the bubble inflated and will actually make it more difficult for people to buy. This also increases the UK's debt so the bankers make more profit. You're not helping the people at all. Using taxpayers money as a scam is disgraceful.

I voted for logical government, not this sham.

And I don't see why I have to subsidise peoples' mortgages who can't afford them. I see this is being extended for 12 months.

It's time interest rates went up and the free market allowed to operate.

Putting this vote inducing icing on a steaming pile of sh1t, which is the UK economy at present, is doing nothing.

The fundamentals are not there to instil the confidence for all these FTB's into taking on a government assisted mortgage.

It's a lead balloon, so chill out.

Complete bullsh1t wrt today's budget announcement for 'helping' ftbs.

FTB's should exactly be that - first time buyers. I for one, don't consider 'shared equity' schemes as buying a house. You're not buying a house - you're buying a share of a house. And you're still a renter!

Secondly, we all know this restrictions to only new build homes is all VI sh1t for the housebuilders. This might not be such a bad idea, if only new builds were actually better quality than houses build decades (and even centuries) ago!!

Edited by theonlywayisdown

And you voted Tory?

Most illogical, Captain.

the most logical vote would be to abstain from voting. If the whole country did that (bar of course, the MPs themselves) they'd soon enough get the idea that people are fed up with the lies and spin from all parties.

but that would never happen irl.

the most logical vote would be to abstain from voting. If the whole country did that (bar of course, the MPs themselves) they'd soon enough get the idea that people are fed up with the lies and spin from all parties.

but that would never happen irl.

And even if it did they would just all vote for themselves and we would be in the same shit scenario we are now.

Back on topic. I've written to the torygraph, grauniad, Indy and several tabloids. Just write one letter and post/email to all of them. Also if you're emailing include full name addres and phone number.

If anyone does email don't forget to warn the FTBs how shafted they are if they fall for this scheme. They won't be able to move for years unless they can raise the 20% when they sell.

Also anyone hoping to sell a non new build to a FTB in the normal market is stuffed as is anyone hoping to sell their house to that vendor. These FTBs won't be creating any upward chains.