House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cool_hand

Will Hutton, He's Back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12742973

Will Hutton plan for public sector pay

A review commissioned by the government has said that the pay of senior public servants should not be capped.

It also rejects an idea, promoted by David Cameron, that executives' pay should be linked to the average pay of their staff.

The journalist and economist Will Hutton who led the review tells BBC Breakfast that a pay cap "would've been a good idea, but it doesn't work".

That's a surprise, "pay should not be capped". I think the government might try someone else for independent (and unbiased) advice in future.

That's a surprise, "pay should not be capped". I think the government might try someone else for independent (and unbiased) advice in future.

So he thinks public sector managers are paid half of what their 'peers' in the private sector are making...

He obviously has a different idea about who someone like Andrea Hill's private sector peers are than any sane person.

Is it because they've become accustom to the lifestyle that such a salary brings that to put them on normal money would destroy their confidence or be in contravention of yuhuman wights.

I think their overpaid myself, if they took pay cuts a lot of other people could be spared redundancy surely.

Edited by scrappycocco

Is it because they've become accustom to the lifestyle that such a salary brings that to put them make on normal money would destroy their confidence or be in contravention of yuhuman wights.

I think their overpaid myself, if they took pay cuts a lot of other people could be spared redundancy surely.

Didn't Hutton's think tank go bust?

So he thinks public sector managers are paid half of what their 'peers' in the private sector are making...

He obviously has a different idea about who someone like Andrea Hill's private sector peers are than any sane person.

This is parlly the Government's fault for letting the Common Purpose/ Liebour/ BTL troughing drone Hutton give an opinion on anything................a man who's main claim to fame is destroying the Industrial Society.

In his world the likes of poor, slightly dim, entitlement obsessed Andrea really could run a major profitable business, like he would have the faintest clue what that meant...................

Edited by Warwick Yellow

Is it because they've become accustom to the lifestyle that such a salary brings that to put them on normal money would destroy their confidence or be in contravention of yuhuman wights.

Pay in the private sector is dependent on having products/services that people want.

In the public sector its mugging Council Tax payers and the income stream is pretty much guaranteed. Completely different as the risks are completely different!

Will Hutton bankrupted a non-profit think tank by paying himself £250,000 per year to work as a part-time chief executive, and then foisted the whole thing off to the public sector by "selling" it to a publicly funded university. Do you really think he'd call for a cap on public sector pay?