House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Be On L L L

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/articles/industry-news/c4%E2%80%99s-location-location-location

Apply now.

Why not.

Would be nice to see if any HPCers can get on to the show.

Yes, could be interesting.

I can just imagine how a conversation with a likely HPC'er could go......eg...

Kirsty "we will go in with an low offer of £5,000 below asking price for you..."

HPC'er "Low offer!!! That's no low offer, I won't be offering more than £50,000 below asking price"...... :lol:

Phil: "Although this property is £20,000 over budget, it ticks all of the right boxes"

HPCer: "Phil, Mate. I can't just f*cking pluck £20,000 out of thin f*cking air, you f*cktard. Money doesn't grow on f*cking trees and I'll have to pull a few f*cking strings and wait a while to get that kind of cash. So no. This house doesn't tick all of the right boxes because its f*cking £20,000 over budget."

I don't want to go on it for the sole reason so many women who do end up having babies!

I don't know whether it's co-incidence, or just that Phil likes to show the ladies round the house and especially the bedrooms.

I don't want to go on it for the sole reason so many women who do end up having babies!

I don't know whether it's co-incidence, or just that Phil likes to show the ladies round the house and especially the bedrooms.

Are you sure the babies are his?

One way to tell - it's a dead giveaway if the babies are bald.

Are you sure the babies are his?

One way to tell - it's a dead giveaway if the babies are bald.

Well this is the main problem - they almost all are!

Why do they always show the couple houses OVER their budget? Their budget is what they can AFFORD. So why show them houses they cannot afford? Chances are they just go and up the asking price of their existing house to find the extra cash and on it goes.

Why do they always show the couple houses OVER their budget? Their budget is what they can AFFORD. So why show them houses they cannot afford? Chances are they just go and up the asking price of their existing house to find the extra cash and on it goes.

If you look at the application, they ask you what you budget is and then in another question ask what your absolute maximum is. I expect those figures don't coincide.

****** it, I just might.

Maybe not, the application is like the Spanish Inquisition

That and the fact we haven't actually viewed any houses which probably marks us as not serious buyers and we don't have a mortgage in place. Apart from that, we're a shoe-in...

Edited by daiking

If you look at the application, they ask you what you budget is and then in another question ask what your absolute maximum is. I expect those figures don't coincide.

Maybe not, the application is like the Spanish Inquisition

That and the fact we haven't actually viewed any houses which probably marks us as not serious buyers and we don't have a mortgage in place. Apart from that, we're a shoe-in...

Oh I don't know...

I can hear Kirsty's voice over now showing you gazing whistfully into estate agent windows

"daiking and his partner are too frightened to even view a house, let alone buy one. We'll have to hand hold this pair all the way through the process, but don't worry, we've got years of experience paying over the odds for properties people can't really afford"

:)

I was watching last weeks Relocation (essential a revisited show) where a couple with £750k burning a hole in their pocket considered buying some barns for £500k (that's a nice tickle for the farmer, without permission it'd be worth the square root of feck all) and then spending £250k on turning them into a house.. but that £250k would only be enough to convert half the property (kitchen, main living areas).. with Phil saying "And once you have the other £180k you can complete the rest of the house"... Yeah, cos, once they're up to their eyeballs in debt for the £750k "first phase" that other £180k is just going to fall in their lap.. FFS

And even then they'd be looking at a £930k house, oop North where you can get some pretty tidy houses, complete for less than that.

Edited by exiges

I was watching last weeks Relocation (essential a revisited show) where a couple with £750k burning a hole in their pocket considered buying some barns for £500k

Whilst also wanting a ski chalet.

And in the end they bought one with rubbish views from the windows, smaller, next to a stream and a church (Next to the Bridge, a jennings pub)

Maybe DL11 6HH?

1 30/09/2009 £787,000 Det. F No Map Blackburn Hall, Grinton, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL11 6HH Get FREE current value estimate Property for sale near DL11 6HH

2 25/10/2004 £750,000 Det. F No Map Blackburn Hall, Grinton, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL11 6HH

Did they buy it 2004?

So have they sold!?

Edited by SarahBell

Whilst also wanting a ski chalet.

And in the end they bought one with rubbish views from the windows, smaller, next to a stream and a church (Next to the Bridge, a jennings pub)

Maybe DL11 6HH?

Yep, that looks like the house ( Aerial link ) very recognisable garden.. oh and looky look it would appear to be a semi-detached .. you know, what they really really didn't want... with no apparent place to park (great for lugging your shopping in)

I'm quite sure they bought in 2009 - as I remember it being on LLL before and certainly wouldn't remember it from 6yrs ago.

Edit: Looking at your house price it reckons it's detached.. my bad, even so, it's in spitting distance.

Edited by exiges

What is the point, no one hardly ever buys anything....it is a glorified advertisement for the aspirational purchase of homes that most can't afford and most of the contestants I would think looking at them couldn't afford either......only here there for the beer. ;)