House Price Crash Forum

Easter Egg Hyperinflation

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Um, wow:

A 324g Galaxy Minstrels Egg is up from £2.50 to £6 – a 140 per cent increase – while Cadbury’s Twirl and Dairy Milk eggs have risen from £3.35 to £5.50, a 64 per cent hike.

I may have to renegotiate my pay rise :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368142/Easter-eggs-cost-140-cent-year-thanks-soaring-price-chocolate.html

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Cream eggs are the worst, up to 57p now and at least 33% smaller than a year or two ago :(

Sorry children, they'll be no Easter this year.

They were charging 68p each at WH Smiths in Heathrow Airport last week. :o

I didn't buy.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I had spotted that Cadbury's creme egg prices had risen this year. I guess as with all the other price rises we will simply have to get used to it.

I also noticed that there are so many offers that it gets confusing. If you buy 3 single eggs sometimes the discount is so much that they are much cheaper than buying a pack of twelve on a pro rata basis....

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I remember them being about a pound each last year, but most places they are about 4/5 pounds now.

I've agreed with my family we won't bother this year, just buy an egg for my niece.

On the topic of inflation I'm finding I'm going without stuff a lot more rather than pay silly prices, it's quite liberating.

Archived