House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Easter Egg Hyperinflation

Um, wow:

A 324g Galaxy Minstrels Egg is up from £2.50 to £6 – a 140 per cent increase – while Cadbury’s Twirl and Dairy Milk eggs have risen from £3.35 to £5.50, a 64 per cent hike.

I may have to renegotiate my pay rise :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368142/Easter-eggs-cost-140-cent-year-thanks-soaring-price-chocolate.html

Cream eggs are the worst, up to 57p now and at least 33% smaller than a year or two ago :(

Sorry children, they'll be no Easter this year.

Tesco selling eggs 3 for the price of 1 and morrisons reduced them to £1 each.

They`re the ones that will get put into the CPI calculations

One chocolate egg is far more than enough......as kids we used to blow eggs then paint and decorate them...or you could make some chocolate cup cakes. ;)

We used to have to make do with pace eggs although we did have the fun of jarping them before eating them.

we used to have to make do with a piece of coal back in the 80s, after workingt downt pit 34 hours straight, times were hard

Cream eggs are the worst, up to 57p now and at least 33% smaller than a year or two ago :(

Sorry children, they'll be no Easter this year.

They were charging 68p each at WH Smiths in Heathrow Airport last week. :o

I didn't buy.

I had spotted that Cadbury's creme egg prices had risen this year. I guess as with all the other price rises we will simply have to get used to it.

I also noticed that there are so many offers that it gets confusing. If you buy 3 single eggs sometimes the discount is so much that they are much cheaper than buying a pack of twelve on a pro rata basis....

I remember them being about a pound each last year, but most places they are about 4/5 pounds now.

I've agreed with my family we won't bother this year, just buy an egg for my niece.

On the topic of inflation I'm finding I'm going without stuff a lot more rather than pay silly prices, it's quite liberating.