House Price Crash Forum
The Eagle

Young 'going Abroad To Find Work'

The lack of job prospects in the UK is forcing young people to consider a move abroad to look for work, a survey has revealed.

More than half of the 18 to 25-year-olds questioned said they wereseriously thinking of emigrating because of the high rate of youth unemployment.

Australia is top of the list of popular destinations for young people wanting to leave the UK, followed by Canada and China.

The survey found that nearly 65% of young people are considering leaving the UK, with 52% saying they were seriously considering doing so. [...]

http://www.thisislon...to-find-work.do

It looks like there will be nobdy productive left around to pay off the Bankster's debts, the pensions for the boomers and the benefits for the unemployed...

Also who is going to buy all those overpriced piles of brick?

Fortunately we have Mervin King who can just turn on the printing press to solve all those problems!

It looks like there will be nobdy productive left around to pay off the Bankster's debts, the pensions for the boomers and the benefits for the unemployed...

Fortunately we have Mervin King who can just turn on the printing press to solve all those problems!

Problem for the kiddies here is that they are in competition with a few billion other youngsters for jobs, and, a lot of the other youngsters are multi-lingual and most likely have a better education and work ethic.

Nothing new there: young people (and, in lesser numbers, older people) have always gone abroad to work (I did so several times myself). The number answering a question "are you thinking about it" will naturally be much higher than the number who actually do.

Nothing new there: young people (and, in lesser numbers, older people) have always gone abroad to work (I did so several times myself). The number answering a question "are you thinking about it" will naturally be much higher than the number who actually do.

Nothing new indeed. When presented with a salary slip showing GBP4000 of tax for that month in 1994 in UK, I promptly left and worked abroad. I have been ex-pat ever since. There is an individual tipping point for all of us that are dynamic enough to produce and the only difference is that with ever higher taxes in UK the tipping point is reached by more people quicker.

The number answering a question "are you thinking about it" will naturally be much higher than the number who actually do.

Particularly when you consider that most other countries don't have an 'open door' immigration policy. Canada, for example, only allows about 12,000 immigrants from the UK every year and they're expected to bring useful skills and some money with them.

Hence those who do leave are likely to be the 'best and brightest', because those are the only ones that other countries want.

Particularly when you consider that most other countries don't have an 'open door' immigration policy. Canada, for example, only allows about 12,000 immigrants from the UK every year and they're expected to bring useful skills and some money with them.

Hence those who do leave are likely to be the 'best and brightest', because those are the only ones that other countries want.

Too true.

Imagine the impact after a decade or two when the "best and brightest" have continued to leave and the rest are left behind.

The "don't let the door hit you in the ar$e on the way out" crowd might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Ahhhh just like City people then - flocking abroad yet to materialise?

(The few who did leave for Switzerland must be pretty annoyed with the recent law changes in the Cantons and all :))

xmasS32.jpg

That lot were representatives of a former Blitish Midland/Northern skilled workforce that were good enough to go straight into work for German industries!

Thatcher/Major killed their jobs off and degraded them!

Many Twats here on HPC keep barracking them and their families!

Maybe they should move to Dubai.

We get lots of students coming here from UAE that are given a living allowance by their government of roughly £2,000 per month. If a student brings over their partner and children, then they get up to £3,000 per month.

Once they gain their qualifications, they return home and the government build them a new house for free. This is free for life unless oil is found under ground. If it is they are re-housed elsewhere.

Not only that, but they do not pay taxes.

That lot were representatives of a former Blitish Midland/Northern skilled workforce that were good enough to go straight into work for German industries!

i thought they were actors

We get lots of students coming here from UAE that are given a living allowance by their government of roughly £2,000 per month. If a student brings over their partner and children, then they get up to £3,000 per month.

Once they gain their qualifications, they return home and the government build them a new house for free. This is free for life unless oil is found under ground. If it is they are re-housed elsewhere.

Sounds great but they wouldnt do that for young Brits would they? So, explain again why they should move to Dubai......

Only 10% of the working population is actually native. Non-natives get none of this, and are effectivley second class. Every non-professional role is filled with slave like labour from places like India. They have oil.

Should imagine all those TEFL schools are doing well - training courses at God knows what a pop, even the ones that don't offer CELTA quals, or whatever it is nowadays.

One of them was from Bristol & another was from London!

So that is why they don't put much importance on learning foreign languages in our schools...they would prefer us to stay and work in-house. :unsure:

I can vouch for more wanting to fly further afield to find work and better opportunities....if you don't try you will never find out. ;)

Check the numbers. Hundreds of thousands leave the UK every year and hundreds of thousands replace them. If the unemployed young leave then thats a few billion saved in benefits and as new jobs are created they will go to new arrivals.

Nothing new indeed. When presented with a salary slip showing GBP4000 of tax for that month in 1994 in UK, I promptly left and worked abroad. I have been ex-pat ever since. There is an individual tipping point for all of us that are dynamic enough to produce and the only difference is that with ever higher taxes in UK the tipping point is reached by more people quicker.

Yup. My take home at the end of this month is £13K (does include some bonuses). Thats on top of a free house, a car to use within reason, facilities, free flights....

Problem for the kiddies here is that they are in competition with a few billion other youngsters for jobs, and, a lot of the other youngsters are multi-lingual and most likely have a better education and work ethic.

In terms of work ethic and value added I would say the British are generally at the top end of the curve as far as expats go.

Dubai has one of the closest systems to apartheid still out there...

Westerners live in one bubble, the Arabs another, while half the population - the workers from South Asia - are ferried around like cattle to work outside in scorching heat for cr*p pay.

Yup. My take home at the end of this month is £13K (does include some bonuses). Thats on top of a free house, a car to use within reason, facilities, free flights....

but dont you send 40% of it back to HMRC as a gift for your good fortune and the opportunity to help out your govt and fellow brit?

Maybe they'll all flock to East Europe and pick fruit? I hear there's a real shortage of young people over there.

Only 10% of the working population is actually native. Non-natives get none of this, and are effectivley second class. Every non-professional role is filled with slave like labour from places like India. They have oil.

Im in Saudi and we have yard boys who are paid 300 (£55) riyals a month plus a shared room and two basic meals. Its only from the odd jobs they do for the expats they can make enough to survive. I pay one 50 riyals a month to sweep my yard out a few times a week. They only get to go home once every 2 years.