House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

Bbc And Sky News

I have been watching the news channels most of today. What we got was plenty of talking heads, some brief clips from reporters on the ground who could only say 'There was a big bang from over there' and no real meat.

It would appear that someone attacked Gaddaffi's forces outside Benghazi. At least we have seen a clip of burning vehicles without explanation but rebel forces appearing quite happy.

Obviously, the attacks on the air defence system must be ongoing and they will not reveal full details, but what has happenned to the two Gaddaffi armoured brigades?

Apparently 2,000 houses were destroyed by Gaddaffi's forces in a town west of Tripoli, but except for a Libyan commentator on TV in the UK, nothing is said.

Now that the Arab League is wobbling, are the coalition failing in the propaganda war?

French forces are alleged to have been in action but no mention is made of them at all.

Are we being deliberately starved of real news?

I have been watching the news channels most of today. What we got was plenty of talking heads, some brief clips from reporters on the ground who could only say 'There was a big bang from over there' and no real meat.

It would appear that someone attacked Gaddaffi's forces outside Benghazi. At least we have seen a clip of burning vehicles without explanation but rebel forces appearing quite happy.

Obviously, the attacks on the air defence system must be ongoing and they will not reveal full details, but what has happenned to the two Gaddaffi armoured brigades?

Apparently 2,000 houses were destroyed by Gaddaffi's forces in a town west of Tripoli, but except for a Libyan commentator on TV in the UK, nothing is said.

Now that the Arab League is wobbling, are the coalition failing in the propaganda war?

French forces are alleged to have been in action but no mention is made of them at all.

Are we being deliberately starved of real news?

Don't think that we're being deliberately starved of news but one thing an open news media does is continually attempt to balance the news out, even if the military opponent is mad as a badger and manipulative as hell.

That is somewhat of a propaganda weakness...BBC News 24 sure won't be showing in your average Libyan home.

Despite what the banner on my post says, I posted this about 2230 20.3.2011

By 2330, the BBC news had full coverage of the events to date including the French part.

All power to HPC Forum??????????/

I don't mind then keeping stuff quiet until after things have gone on ... well a bit maybe ... But I do think the amount of air time being given to bleeding hearts is awful.

"they are killing people... this isn't what we thought a no fly zone meant"

The fact Gadaffi was killing people and needed to be stopped was the reason for working on the no fly zone. Of course there are bound to be casualties - Gadaffi has a human shield around him because of his twisting of the truth.

How do they break through the Gadaffi spin? (Have they got nulabour's finest working for Gadaffi?)