House Price Crash Forum
Blue Warwick

Why? David Conron Political War Monger

This whole situation with Lybia is awful. Why are we getting involved? We are America's poodle. The French also seem to be forcing us along their political path. Why I don't know as they were not keen on Iraq, or Afganistan.

David CONron seems to want to emulate Tony BLiar by waging war and pretending to be doing the 'right' thing.

Lets be quite straight Gadaffi is not a nice man. He is quite evil in my book.

We ignored his people killing a police woman. We ignored him giving the IRA arms to kill British soldiers and civilians. We let him off over the Lockerbie bombing. We sold him arms and did deals for oil.

The yanks really did the same selling Lockerbie for oil. And the yanks share the same history of supplying arms and money to the IRA to kill British citizens.

We have ignored Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. We have ignored the genocidal dictators of other parts of Africa.

Why are we getting so worked up now?

Is Gadaffi indulging in genocide? No. He is quelling a rebellion. As leader of a country, dictator, or not, he is entitled to do so with at least the equal force of the rebels. What did the British Army do in Northern Ireland? Was it so different?

This is a purely political act. In my opinion a dispicable act. We are being railroaded into a war for personal political gain.

Not in my name.

This whole situation with Lybia is awful. Why are we getting involved? We are America's poodle. The French also seem to be forcing us along their political path. Why I don't know as they were not keen on Iraq, or Afganistan.

David CONron seems to want to emulate Tony BLiar by waging war and pretending to be doing the 'right' thing.

We ignored his people killing a police woman. We ignored him giving the IRA arms to kill British soldiers and civilians. We let him off over the Lockerbie bombing. We sold him arms and did deals for oil.

The yanks really did the same selling Lockerbie for oil. And the yanks share the same history of supplying arms and money to the IRA to kill British citizens.

We have ignored Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. We have ignored the genocidal dictators of other parts of Africa.

Is Gadaffi indulging in genocide? No. He is quelling a rebellion. As leader of a country, dictator, or not, he is entitled to do so with at least the equal force of the rebels. What did the British Army do in Northern Ireland? Was it so different?

This is a purely political act. In my opinion a dispicable act. We are being railroaded into a war for personal political gain.

Not in my name.

Hmmm, at a quick glance, to fire-up the fundamentalist muslims in UK-Europe again?

How long will millions of Algerian muslims put up with seeing Western power France splattering their brothers/cousins with weapons paid for with their taxes? Ditto UK/rest of Europe if they stop seeing Gaddafi as a savage dictator as loads of his 'troops' get wiped out?

PS The irish-americans funded the various Irish cultists with money, weapons, explosives to kill each other and the Brits!

Edited by erranta

Not in my name.

An interesting fact that has come about of late is that a Rebel leader, has agreed to an oil deal with Qatar, the west friendly recent world cup bid winners, who also headed up the Arab League of Nations baying for Gadafhi's blood. An interesting feature of the deal is that the rebel leader has promised to triple output compared to what Gadhafi was letting out the country's oil fields.

For all the OPEC countries, oil is the only meal ticket that they have got and therefore many of them have quite sensibly opted to restrict the volume of oil produced and sold onto the world market, which had the effect of pushing up the price and rendering 'harder to get at' commerciably viable for extraction, such as Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Circle, North Sea, Africa, etc. The offshoot of this is that although worldwide demand for oil has increased massively over the past 35 years, the output of the OPEC nations has remained more or less steady at 32 million barrels per day.

With the emergence of previoulsy non-significant super economies such as India and China however, demand for oil has increased massively since the turn of the century which has pushed the price steadily upwards, (notwithstanding market spikes and lapses of course). If the 'peak oil' theory is to be believed, then the current mechanics of supply/demand in the global oil market can only ensure ever increasing oil prices. Taking this and the current fragile economic climate into consideration, perhaps the powers that be behind the western governments can no longer tolerate any OPEC tin-pot dictator who opts to limit the volume of oil production coming out of his country.

Another important consideration is the confiscation of Gadhafi's assets, some 32 billion USD worth, which Obama has stated will go towards 'helping the Libyan people' (from this we can of course conclude that Gadhafi's money is being used to fund the bombing of Libya). Their has been up until now, a solid relationship between the OPEC nations and oil importing nations, whereby more than half of the OPEC wealth generated from oil sales, is recycled back into the oil importers economy, usually through the purchasing of financial assets but also through extravagances such as castles and football clubs. By confiscating Gadhafi's money, as a result of his refusal to play ball with his wannabee western puppet masters, the west is making a highly provocative statement to OPEC oil nations, that the safe-keeping of wealth invested abroad is not assured if you do not concede to our demands.

In summation; the west is suffering major economic stress, to which skyrocketing oil prices would prove utterly lethal. Pressure is being exerted to encourage increased oil production output from the Middle East OPEC nations (who value oil in the ground more valueable than oil on the market), and Gadhafi is proving to be the typical thorn in the side which has epitomised his relationship with the western powers. Therefore our military is administering him a sound kicking, and is backing a rebel faction that has promised to triple oil production, with a view to a regime change.

An interesting fact that has come about of late is that a Rebel leader, has agreed to an oil deal with Qatar, the west friendly recent world cup bid winners, who also headed up the Arab League of Nations baying for Gadafhi's blood. An interesting feature of the deal is that the rebel leader has promised to triple output compared to what Gadhafi was letting out the country's oil fields.

For all the OPEC countries, oil is the only meal ticket that they have got and therefore many of them have quite sensibly opted to restrict the volume of oil produced and sold onto the world market, which had the effect of pushing up the price and rendering 'harder to get at' commerciably viable for extraction, such as Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Circle, North Sea, Africa, etc. The offshoot of this is that although worldwide demand for oil has increased massively over the past 35 years, the output of the OPEC nations has remained more or less steady at 32 million barrels per day.

With the emergence of previoulsy non-significant super economies such as India and China however, demand for oil has increased massively since the turn of the century which has pushed the price steadily upwards, (notwithstanding market spikes and lapses of course). If the 'peak oil' theory is to be believed, then the current mechanics of supply/demand in the global oil market can only ensure ever increasing oil prices. Taking this and the current fragile economic climate into consideration, perhaps the powers that be behind the western governments can no longer tolerate any OPEC tin-pot dictator who opts to limit the volume of oil production coming out of his country.

Another important consideration is the confiscation of Gadhafi's assets, some 32 billion USD worth, which Obama has stated will go towards 'helping the Libyan people' (from this we can of course conclude that Gadhafi's money is being used to fund the bombing of Libya). Their has been up until now, a solid relationship between the OPEC nations and oil importing nations, whereby more than half of the OPEC wealth generated from oil sales, is recycled back into the oil importers economy, usually through the purchasing of financial assets but also through extravagances such as castles and football clubs. By confiscating Gadhafi's money, as a result of his refusal to play ball with his wannabee western puppet masters, the west is making a highly provocative statement to OPEC oil nations, that the safe-keeping of wealth invested abroad is not assured if you do not concede to our demands.

In summation; the west is suffering major economic stress, to which skyrocketing oil prices would prove utterly lethal. Pressure is being exerted to encourage increased oil production output from the Middle East OPEC nations (who value oil in the ground more valueable than oil on the market), and Gadhafi is proving to be the typical thorn in the side which has epitomised his relationship with the western powers. Therefore our military is administering him a sound kicking, and is backing a rebel faction that has promised to triple oil production, with a view to a regime change.

Oh well it is just for oil. At least that would be honest rather than the sanctimonious wailing about protecting civilians.

Oh well it is just for oil. At least that would be honest rather than the sanctimonious wailing about protecting civilians.

I thought everyone had gotten used to our politicans whinging about freedom, democracy, and saving humanity, whenever our governments are sending the military on blatantly imperialistic missions. S'pose, there are still a lot of idiots out there who actually believe in all this shite, and there are those still, who exert all thier energies debating the in's and out's of the political bullĀ§hit and spin, instead of focusing on the core issues.

I also don't think it is just about oil. I also believe that their is some mad Zionist ideology behind US foreign policy as well. A combination of hard geopolitical facts and political Zionism provides the most accurate answers to all that happens regarding the Middle East.

Blue Warwick, if Gaddafi remains in power he'll just get more violent like a trapped predator and destablisise the North African region more than it is already.

But only because the West has betrayed him and the agreements that they made with him by seizing his foreign wealth and supporting the rebels.

And just incase you are one of those inclined to bleat on about protecting liberty, democracy, and human rights, the West dont seem to ruffled about the human rights of those in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, who are being gunned down by the police in return for daring to express thier political views in public.

This will be yet another hornets nest that our leaders are stirring up on our behalfs, but only for the benefit of their wealthy benefactors.

We can add Cameron to the list of people who should be tried for treason (and executed).

I don't like Cameron, but he did not cause most of the Libyans to rise up against Gaddaffi and his mercenaries, he fired the first shots, and his suppression of rebellion includes the mass rape of women and flattening towns with tanks. The other places in Arabia are very bad, but the murdering thugs there are slightly less batshit and don't have previous like Gaddaffi does. It's still a no fly zone and Libya has only a tiny fraction of the world's oil.

Moral cowards and conspiratorial nutjobs the lot of you!

Edited by Big Orange

I don't like Cameron, but he did not cause most of the Libyans to rise up against Gaddaffi and his mercenaries, he fired the first shots, and his suppression of rebellion includes the mass rape of women and flattening towns with tanks. The other places in Arabia are very bad, but the murdering thugs there are slightly less batshit and don't have previous like Gaddaffi does. It's still a no fly zone and Libya has only a tiny fraction of the world's oil.

I will say one more thing, and then I will let you get back to your Daily Mail.

The protesters in the other Arab nations such as Bahrain and Yemen, are unarmed, yet are still getting gunned down. The US/UN turns a blind eye, obvioulsy the elites in those countries are still doing what they are told/in the good books for now.

The protesters/rebels in Libya are going around in tanks and are armed up to the teeth. If I could get hold of a tank and a cache of M16's, and me and my mates tried to storm Downing Street in order to get rid of Cameron, and the British Armed Forces were called upon to deal with us, would the UN then call for a no fly zone over the UK, destroying most of it's military and some civilian infrastructure, and also providing air strikes to soften up any resistance lying in front of me and my mates?

Stop reading the Daily Mail, take of your mental straight jacket, open your eyes, and take a hard look at the hard geo-political facts.

Edited by Retardstic

Therefore our military is administering him a sound kicking, and is backing a rebel faction that has promised to triple oil production, with a view to a regime change.

I would wager what this rebel leader knows about oil geoglogy and the technicalities of oil production could be written on the back of a fag packet. Just because he says triple oil production doesn't mean it is going to happen. The current Libyan government has also said it wants to about triple oil production but it has been unable to do it for technical reasons.

I would wager what this rebel leader knows about oil geoglogy and the technicalities of oil production could be written on the back of a fag packet. Just because he says triple oil production doesn't mean it is going to happen. The current Libyan government has also said it wants to about triple oil production but it has been unable to do it for technical reasons.

It is patently obvious to any OPEC producer that:

A. Oil in the future is worth a lot more than oil today.

B. For most of the OPEC nations, oil is the only bargaining chip and source of wealth that they have got.

What kind of bloody idiot would willingly opt to squander all his countries/dynasties wealth now, when he knows that this product will multiply in value over the years? The fact that OPEC nations like to maintain a limit on the volume of oil that is extracted from fields under thier control is not any great secret. Although there is plenty evidence of people on this forum and indeed of proles in the general public who have the tendency to consistently behave like Turkey's voting for an early Christmas, statesmen tend to be a bit more clued up, especially those who have personal empires to protect.

Edited by Retardstic

At last IMO the UK Government can get their revenge over Lockerbie and the murdered Policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, with all those Libyan Defectors who are now singing from the same Hymn Book, if Gadaffi goes whoever gives him Sanctuary he will finally end up in the International Court charged with crimes against Humanity unless he gets assassinated beforehand.

Then the future of the Libyans will be Tribe against Tribe jostling to fill the vacuum left by him. Democracy in these Arab Countries will not and will never work. :rolleyes:

The protesters/rebels in Libya are going around in tanks and are armed up to the teeth. If I could get hold of a tank and a cache of M16's, and me and my mates tried to storm Downing Street in order to get rid of Cameron, and the British Armed Forces were called upon to deal with us, would the UN then call for a no fly zone over the UK, destroying most of it's military and some civilian infrastructure, and also providing air strikes to soften up any resistance lying in front of me and my mates?

They're heavily armed and in pick up trucks, but otherwise they're a disorganized and completely amateurish ragbag outfit who were nearly crushed by Gaddafi's armed forces (who had the near monopoly on armoured vehicles and had control of the skies). Even with help from France, Britain, and America with their vastly superior aircraft clearing the skies and taking out tanks, the Libyan rebels are still not making a huge deal of progress.

America and Britain are serving ulterior motives, but so was Bourbon France when helping the American colonists and the Russian Empire when helping to liberate the Balkan people from the Austrians (*nod*, *nod*, *wink*, *wink*).

They're heavily armed and in pick up trucks, but otherwise they're a disorganized and completely amateurish ragbag outfit who were nearly crushed by Gaddafi's armed forces (who had the near monopoly on armoured vehicles and had control of the skies). Even with help from France, Britain, and America with their vastly superior aircraft clearing the skies and taking out tanks, the Libyan rebels are still not making a huge deal of progress.

America and Britain are serving ulterior motives, but so was Bourbon France when helping the American colonists and the Russian Empire when helping to liberate the Balkan people from the Austrians (*nod*, *nod*, *wink*, *wink*).

If you realise that the US/UK are serving ulterior motives (aka the interests of the elites who control these countries), why go making derogatory comments about 'consiracy theorists'.

By definition, a conspiracy theory, is a theory that indentifies a motive behind an action, that is not overtly stated or admitted.

If you think that the UK/US are serving ulterior motives, then that makes u another conspiracy theorist does it not?

Edited by Retardstic

I don't like Cameron, but he did not cause most of the Libyans to rise up against Gaddaffi and his mercenaries,

Nutjob here; Davey CONron did not have to jump into the nearest phone box and put on his superhero suit. He could left a sovereign state alone.

At last IMO the UK Government can get their revenge over Lockerbie and the murdered Policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, with all those Libyan Defectors who are now singing from the same Hymn Book, if Gadaffi goes whoever gives him Sanctuary he will finally end up in the International Court charged with crimes against Humanity unless he gets assassinated beforehand.

Then the future of the Libyans will be Tribe against Tribe jostling to fill the vacuum left by him. Democracy in these Arab Countries will not and will never work. :rolleyes:

If it was just revenge I could go for that, but it should have been years ago. This is just following the instruction of the Yanks to clear up the mess made by those Scottish Pariamentary tossers letting the Lockerbie bomber free. Unfortunately as this sham goes on it becomes clearer and clearer that we have managed to become embroiled in another Yankee mess up. How can we let colums of 'rebel' tanks attack Gaddafi towns harbouring large numbers of civilians whilst stating that we are there to protect civilians. Does one civilian life differ from another?

Davey boy it is a sham and you are an example of just another fake politician.