House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Warwick

Not In My Name

David CONron seems to want to emulate Tony BLiar by waging war and pretending to be doing the 'right' thing.

Lets be quite straight Gadaffi is not a nice man. He is quite evil in my book.

We ignored his people killing a police woman. We ignored him giving the IRA arms to kill British soldiers and civilians. We let him off over the Lockerbie bombing. We sold him arms and did deals for oil.

The yanks really did the same selling Lockerbie for oil. And the yanks share the same history of supplying arms and money to the IRA to kill British citizens.

We have ignored Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. We have ignored the genocidal dictators of other parts of Africa.

Why are we getting so worked up now?

Is Gadaffi indulging in genocide? No. He is quelling a rebellion. As leader of a country, dictator, or not, he is entitled to do so with at least the equal force of the rebels. What did the British Army do in Northern Ireland? Was it so different?

This is a purely political act. In my opinion a dispicable act. We are being railroaded into a war for personal political gain.

Not in my name.

David CONron seems to want to emulate Tony BLiar by waging war and pretending to be doing the 'right' thing..

Quite. I thought we'd had a change of government but it seems the previous administration's foreign policy continues. Disappointing.

Not in my name.

Damn straight.

Has anyone laid out clear reasons why this has anything to do with Britain? I heard a monologue from Cameron. He started by claiming he'd state the logical reasons. Needless to say by the end of it, he hadn't stated any reasons, apart from the usual moral obligation line. If it's a moral obligation where is the rest of the world in this?

I find staggering tbh. We're just beginning to drag ourselves out of wars that helped bankrupt us & our economy is dying a slow death. Yet Cameron could barely hide his excitement about this. Is it all about using a war to boost the polls? Does Cameron smell his chance at "glory"?

Someone please explain.

Saw that human rights lassie on telly this morning expressing disappointment that Germany abstained from the vote rather than taking part in an invasion... :D

Better late than never and it secures more oil supply.

Hopefully this has happened fast enough to stop us having to commit any ground troops as there is an opposition ready to take immediate control.

Can we drop a stray one on Mugabe while we're at it?

Hopefully this has happened fast enough to stop us having to commit any ground troops as there is an opposition ready to take immediate control.

Is there? Will they be able to? Or will we have to back them with mercenaries independant security contractors?

David CONron seems to want to emulate Tony BLiar by waging war and pretending to be doing the 'right' thing.

Lets be quite straight Gadaffi is not a nice man. He is quite evil in my book.

We ignored his people killing a police woman. We ignored him giving the IRA arms to kill British soldiers and civilians. We let him off over the Lockerbie bombing. We sold him arms and did deals for oil.

The yanks really did the same selling Lockerbie for oil. And the yanks share the same history of supplying arms and money to the IRA to kill British citizens.

We have ignored Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. We have ignored the genocidal dictators of other parts of Africa.

Why are we getting so worked up now?

Is Gadaffi indulging in genocide? No. He is quelling a rebellion. As leader of a country, dictator, or not, he is entitled to do so with at least the equal force of the rebels. What did the British Army do in Northern Ireland? Was it so different?

This is a purely political act. In my opinion a dispicable act. We are being railroaded into a war for personal political gain.

Not in my name.

It probably has something to do with petrol costing £1.40/l in the local forecourts.

Damn straight.

Has anyone laid out clear reasons why this has anything to do with Britain? I heard a monologue from Cameron. He started by claiming he'd state the logical reasons. Needless to say by the end of it, he hadn't stated any reasons, apart from the usual moral obligation line. If it's a moral obligation where is the rest of the world in this?

I find staggering tbh. We're just beginning to drag ourselves out of wars that helped bankrupt us & our economy is dying a slow death. Yet Cameron could barely hide his excitement about this. Is it all about using a war to boost the polls? Does Cameron smell his chance at "glory"?

Someone please explain.

on the contrary,this war has EVERYTHING to do with britain and our allies.

I would certainly not be at all excited about this,there is certainly no reason to glorify it in any sense,but it is a conflict which unfortunately has to be fought...and won.

and it's going to involve most of the middle east,libya is just one front.

what gadaffi has got right,sadly,is he is quite right in pointing out about a new "hitlerism" could appear on the horizon....one which we must be extremely on-guard about allowing in under the guise of fighting "extremists"

..there is certainly the framework availabe now for a new honecker etc to start flexing their muscles....so we need to be watchful.

on the contrary,this war has EVERYTHING to do with britain and our allies.

I would certainly not be at all excited about this,there is certainly no reason to glorify it in any sense,but it is a conflict which unfortunately has to be fought...and won.

and it's going to involve most of the middle east,libya is just one front.

what gadaffi has got right,sadly,is he is quite right in pointing out about a new "hitlerism" could appear on the horizon....one which we must be extremely on-guard about allowing in under the guise of fighting "extremists"

..there is certainly the framework availabe now for a new honecker etc to start flexing their muscles....so we need to be watchful.

If only David CONron and Barak Beelzebub were honest enough and confirmed that it was an imperialist war aimed at securing ownership of critical raw resources. Oil from the Middle East and rare metals from Afganistan. The only issue is that we need to control and own. When will the second stage begin. Then World domination. Yes, a new Reich.

This war is only to do with Britain because we are the lap dog of the Prince of Demons and his amassed Yankee hoardes.

I am sickened with our involvement in this act of aggression. We are two-faced, liars and CONron has made this of all of us. He and the BBC can push the party line all they want, but they are fooling fewer and fewer people., as the old saying goes. This act of aggression should stop now, but it will not. Not in my name please.