House Price Crash Forum
Hyperduck Quack Quack

Outrageous Junk Mail From Natwest

Just received some junk mail from NatWest - of which we are longstanding good customers.

In the form of a party invitation:

NatWest invites

Mr Quack Quack

to apply for a loan of

£7,500 - £9,950

Representative 10.9%APR

I don't even want a Jesus******ing loan from NatWest, even at 0%

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

I contacted NatWest to ask them to stop extending the limit on an overdraft I never used.

Be a sport, those aren't the rules! you either play by the rules or make way on the merry-go-round for someone else.

Has anyone else recently received this 'invitation' or similar 'offers' from other banks?

I got a similar offer from Natwest at 7.2% that went straight in the shredder. I have been with them since I first opened a current account have never been overdrawn, paid of their CC in full every month and have had more money in my RBS group accounts this month that the loan offer is for - like many businessmen quoted in the media but on the subject of business lending are saying "they are only offer to lend to those who don't need it"

I've also had 2 platinum credit card offers so far this month, it was 2 a week pre 2008 but I've recently had to invest in a new shredder as the level of junk mail eventually killed the old one!

I contacted NatWest to ask them to stop extending the limit on an overdraft I never used.

I just couldn't be bothered to contact them (less stressful that way), I know I'll never use it.

I got a few things this week. One was from a mortgage broker.

Another was from an unnamed firm offering part time work that "helps people save money". The person to contact and their number was identical to the mortgage broker.

I just couldn't be bothered to contact them (less stressful that way), I know I'll never use it.

Exactly......an invitation to buy.....no chance. ;)

Car Insurance with direct line if you pay monthly they charge you 23% to 24%. Adds £50 to a £450ish premium.

I have just had a nightmare trying to renew my car insurance. The auto renewal they sent to me was a good £100 more than the quote I just did. Admittedly, I reduced my mileage but...

The guy I was talking to on the phone just kept talking IMPO sales talk to me and he seemed, IMPO, very very keen to get me to pay the lump sum in one go than to pay monthly. I felt that I was being quoted slightly different figures on occasions and it seemed impossible to actually get the quote that I had on the screen.

Last year I did the same, ran them up and they matched my online quote within minutes. Today I think I was on the phone for 30 minutes, maybe more, and in the end told them to just cancel everything and I will use the online saved quote myself.

I am mentioning this year as I felt there was a lot of sales pressure and almost an urgency to get the lump sum now.

Just received some junk mail from NatWest - of which we are longstanding good customers.

NatWest invites

Mr Quack Quack

to apply for a loan of

£7,500 - £9,950

Representative 10.9%APR

I got it too. The 10.9% is "representative" - look at the back of the letter and the APR range is from 7% to 19%.

19%! Who would take out a loan at that rate?

Car Insurance with direct line if you pay monthly they charge you 23% to 24%. Adds £50 to a £450ish premium.

I have just had a nightmare trying to renew my car insurance. The auto renewal they sent to me was a good £100 more than the quote I just did. Admittedly, I reduced my mileage but...

The guy I was talking to on the phone just kept talking IMPO sales talk to me and he seemed, IMPO, very very keen to get me to pay the lump sum in one go than to pay monthly. I felt that I was being quoted slightly different figures on occasions and it seemed impossible to actually get the quote that I had on the screen.

Last year I did the same, ran them up and they matched my online quote within minutes. Today I think I was on the phone for 30 minutes, maybe more, and in the end told them to just cancel everything and I will use the online saved quote myself.

I am mentioning this year as I felt there was a lot of sales pressure and almost an urgency to get the lump sum now.

£50 on £450 is 11% ....

I recently got my direct line renewal and really wanted to get away from RBS but sadly they were by far the cheapest so I had to eat humble today.

£50 on £450 is 11% ....

I recently got my direct line renewal and really wanted to get away from RBS but sadly they were by far the cheapest so I had to eat humble today.

I had not bothered figuring it out but it says 23.8% on the print out I have.

Has anyone else recently received this 'invitation' or similar 'offers' from other banks?

Yes, very kind offer from Barclays only yesterday, offering me a loan of £11,200 (set aside for me personally, so very obliging of them) over 60 months. My APR would be a mere 27.9%.

This is the same bank that has given me grief when I've been trying to transfer fairly serious cash, hassling me into talking to one of their effing financial advisers.

edit for tyop

Edited by Mrs Bear

I clicked the ad link on my Halifax account to see what they were flogging and came across this gem:

Money could be in your account in 48 hours using our optional courier service for a £70 fee

WTF?

I've been with Directline for 12 years and 300,000 miles without a claim. Got my renewal notice which had gone up a bit. Rang them to discuss it and told them I now had an additional 3 points for speeding making a total of 6. They then doubled my premium for renewal. I told them to stuff it and I've got a deal with Aviva for less than last year's premium with DL AND with the points on my licence.

NatWest invites

Mr Quack Quack

to apply for a loan of

£7,500 - £9,950

Representative 10.9%APR

What amazes me they actually offered a loan to a Mr Quack Quack. :rolleyes:

Just logged onto my Halifax account:

Personal Loans

Whatever you're planning our great value loans at 8.8% APR representative could help. Borrow £7,000 - £15,000 over 1 to 7 years - apply online now for an instant decision.

I clicked the ad link on my Halifax account to see what they were flogging and came across this gem:

Money could be in your account in 48 hours using our optional courier service for a £70 fee

WTF?

I got the same thing too/ I thought a telegraphic transfer of funds straight into one's bank was only about £35-40? And instantaneous. :unsure:

I got an offer of a loan from Santander..at 8.9% :o They pay 0.1% on their Cash Isas.

An unsecured loan at 8.9%? Sounds reasonable. Santander are offering 3.3% on this year's ISA.

I got it too. The 10.9% is "representative" - look at the back of the letter and the APR range is from 7% to 19%.

19%! Who would take out a loan at that rate?

Let alone the 27.9% Barclays kindly offered me the other day.

Can't remember offhand what they're offering on their 'great rate' savings a/c - one point something as I recall.

Still, Bob Diamond's bonus is a worthy cause. Mustn't grumble as I tear my details from their offer letter to shred, and wish they'd stop effing well sending me stuff I have to shred at my own expense.

Now I come to think of it, I'm going to ring them and ask them to stop sending this stuff. If I ever want a loan from them, God forbid, I'll ask for it.

Edit: did just phone them. Can ring 020 7291 3310 to stop Barclays mailshots. (Mon to Fri only.)

Also checked their 'e-reward' savings rates.

Higher rate, 1.26% AER.

Lower rate, 0.85%.

Edited by Mrs Bear

Just received some junk mail from NatWest.

You should do what I do and tear up the letter and post it back to them in the handy pre-paid envelope that they provide.

I'm not sure what good it does you but it certainly makes me feel better.