House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Rightmove Hpi March 0.8%

This was just posted on their facebook page:

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?bmb=1&desktop_uri=%2Frightmoveproperty&gl=GB&user=rightmoveproperty

"new sellers bumped up their asking prices by 0.8%, it's not a large increase, indeed at this time of year we normally see new sellers slightly more optimistic"

Looks like some is breaking th embargo. Mistake maybe? It was due out Monday morning 12am. The link on there goes to the feb report. I can't watch the full video as it will take until Monday morning to load on the iPhone! What else does he say?

Edited by Pent Up

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?bmb=1&desktop_uri=%2Frightmoveproperty&gl=GB&user=rightmoveproperty

"new sellers bumped up their asking prices by 0.8%, it's not a large increase, indeed at this time of year we normally see new sellers slightly more optimistic"

Looks like some is breaking th embargo. Mistake maybe? It was due out Monday morning 12am. The link on there goes to the feb report. I can't watch the full video as it will take until Monday morning to load on the iPhone! What else does he say?

Pent-Up, your link isn't working.

(...)

The link on there goes to the feb report. I can't watch the full video as it will take until Monday morning to load on the iPhone! What else does he say?

Ditto - any clues?

Pent-Up, your link isn't working.

I can only view the mobile version. I assumed it would automatically switch to desktop if on a PC.

Try this:

If true, are they mental? New sellers that is.

The village is short of its idiot.

The increase sounds about right to me TBH. Its the Spring and people think prices bounce and they threfore list their property higher than they would in Nov / Dec. It happens most years.

Of course I would agree with you in that in order to sell a property I think sellers need to be more realistic and lower their asking price. Those who are greedy will get burnt in the long run with a market like this.

Edited by MinceBalls

Exactly the same in the Autumn Bounce last year - expect this to be more than offset with reductions in the coming months, as it was then.

The only bounce EAs can expect can look forward to this spring is in their pay cheques.

I was just talking with an EA - yes rantrave I went and talked to another one on my way to the Co-Op :) - and he told me he just had a vendor who after a year dropped his asking price this week on his 400K price by 5K.

Told me it was not worth doing the admin work on it because 5K would not make a jot of difference in this market.

Also admitted to me that sellers are dictating asking prices more and more and refusing to budge on what they perceive the price they believe they should get.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

I was just talking with an EA - yes rantrave I went and talked to another one on my way to the Co-Op :)

'twas not I who picked you up on this the other day... robbingXpat IIRC

You have dropped my middle initial though ;)

Edited by rantnrave

It's a veritable frenzy of denial :lol:

Rightmove asking prices:

Feb 2008: +3.2%

March 2008: +0.8%

By the end of 2008, selling prices had dropped circa 20%

Feb 2011: +3.1%

March 2011: +0.8%

The moral of this story: (in the voice of Mick Jagger) 'You can't always get what you want'.... ;)

Surely if they want to keep their livelhood, estate agents will eventually have to refuse to take on all this overpriced property, they know they have no chance of selling?

I was just talking with an EA - yes rantrave I went and talked to another one on my way to the Co-Op :) - and he told me he just had a vendor who after a year dropped his asking price this week on his 400K price by 5K.

Told me it was not worth doing the admin work on it because 5K would not make a jot of difference in this market.

Also admitted to me that sellers are dictating asking prices more and more and refusing to budge on what they perceive the price they believe they should get.

Again ?:P:P

Then you blame poor 'rantrave' :D

I'm tempted (only just tempted) to do the same, just located a -3 year old 2 bed with garage for £120K (Sold by developer for £150K in May 08), incl en-suite and garage!

Considering as a temp BTL, until we stop travelling.

Would certainly return more than our house fund is earning in various accounts.

Rightmove asking prices:

Feb 2008: +3.2%

March 2008: +0.8%

By the end of 2008, selling prices had dropped circa 20%

Feb 2011: +3.1%

March 2011: +0.8%

The moral of this story: (in the voice of Mick Jagger) 'You can't always get what you want'.... ;)

I've long said that 2011 would be a re run of 08 for the housing Market. Looking good :)

I've long said that 2011 would be a re run of 08 for the housing Market. Looking good :)

Looking good indeed PU! I have a hunch that it may be a little more muted this time but may/june are really the months to watch as it was then in 2008 that things really started crumbling so we should have a better indication of where things are heading then.

Looking good indeed PU! I have a hunch that it may be a little more muted this time but may/june are really the months to watch as it was then in 2008 that things really started crumbling so we should have a better indication of where things are heading then.

Watch out for House Price Falls As People Take Summer Holidays headlines...

A friend of mine in Northampton is trying to sell ( before it crashes as he puts it )...to be fair he's put it on under around the 2005 price he paid for it.

No takes for 3 months.

The agents called and told him the only way he will sell is if he lowers the price.

He told them that's what they said they would get him so he's not droping the price...only the crash happens.

I tried to view a place thats up for sale, obviosuly a repo, been told twice it's under offer and no point me viewing it....still not SSTC on the website and rightmove....lots of land...looks like a developer is after it and the agents "reserving it" for someone.

It's all b**locks and renting seems to much easier that dealing with all this ****.