House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

English Widow Forced To Sell Her Dream House In Scotland

The Scots have told her to stay out of the village but the English government is advising all citizens to stay out of a 12km square exclusion zone.

article-1367213-0B38032700000578-420_634x423.jpg

Concern is rising about cans of Irn-Bru warming up in a bucket.

Jaysus, do the scots hate us that much. This would explain why gordon brown sort to destroy our economy and enslave every man, women and child for many generations.

Most of em.

Knowing Scotland quite well i think it's only fair to point out the Scots hate each other just as much as they hate the English.

Well ok.

Maybe not as much.

But certainly enough.

Here is just one example and it's of football acting as an outlet for Scottish bigotry.

It's such a shame. If only we could all just be reasonable and rub along together.

Knowing Scotland quite well i think it's only fair to point out the Scots hate each other just as much as they hate the English.

It's such a shame. If only we could all just be reasonable and rub along together.

Forget it, it's not going to happen. Pointing out the vast sums the English taxpayer lavishes on Scotland only breeds further resentment. It's certainly not true of everyone, but in the main it is the accepted norm to despise those south of the border.

I am fortunate indeed to be a Scotsman in England than the other way around.

It is no different to the burning of welsh holiday homes, and it has nothing to do with race. It is no different to a frustrated young local couple in a rural village priced out by 2nd home owners who only stay at the weekend.

'They feel that English people come up here and are draining resources and taking away jobs.

'It's ridiculous because I don't work anymore and I live here permanently. I'm contributing to the local economy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367213/English-mother-forced-sell-Scottish-dream-house-hounded-villagers.html#ixzz1GviDxk4a

When any outsider comes in, they push up property prices. How come no one but only those being denied as a FTB can see it?

Edited by Money Spinner

It is no different to the burning of welsh holiday homes, and it has nothing to do with race. It is no different to a frustrated young local couple in a rural village priced out by 2nd home owners who only stay at the weekend.

'They feel that English people come up here and are draining resources and taking away jobs.

'It's ridiculous because I don't work anymore and I live here permanently. I'm contributing to the local economy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367213/English-mother-forced-sell-Scottish-dream-house-hounded-villagers.html#ixzz1GviDxk4a

When any outsider comes in, they push up property prices. How come no one but only those being denied as a FTB can see it?

she lives there but you are spot on, nobody should under rule of law be able to live or move outside of a 2 mile radius of where they are born

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1GviDxk4a

At the other end of the age range, English students tend to meet with hostility from the Scots at Universities there ( Stirling and Edinburgh are the two I've heard most complaints about), and they're not pushing up house prices!

Looking at her photo, I think she was probably a troublesome neighbour with a grudge against life.

Nothing to do with her being English i'd say. Just plain miserable.

Then why doesnt the graffiti say "miserable old bag" instead of "go home"?

There are lots of tales like this, almost as many as there are english people that tried to live in scotland but soon return from the nightmare.

Hmm, now then. Are there more Scots resident in England, or English resident in Scotland.

You're jocking..... half of Scotland lives in Indonesia and I'm getting out.

Looking at her photo, I think she was probably a troublesome neighbour with a grudge against life.

Nothing to do with her being English i'd say. Just plain miserable.

Totally agree. But just like the Ilford man I know of who bought a house next to a farm in Fishguard and then complained repeatedly about cowshyte on the road, so she has brought her territorial obsession with her. Whether it's Scotland , Wales or Darwin you have to fit into the prevailing culture.

It's a fact ,that too many bring their ill-placed superiority complexes with them and suffer the inevitable consequences. The days of Empire are long gone, over, finito. There will be no more bending of knees and doffing of caps.

At the other end of the age range, English students tend to meet with hostility from the Scots at Universities there ( Stirling and Edinburgh are the two I've heard most complaints about), and they're not pushing up house prices!

Damned Scots - they've ruined scotland (says groundskeeper willie)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsL3QkA97nE

Damned Scots - they've ruined scotland (says groundskeeper willie)....

Uh huh - I'm Scottish and I dislike the English slightly less than I dislike other Scots.

Uh huh - I'm Scottish and I dislike the English slightly less than I dislike other Scots.

My wifes a proper Scottish highland lass... her folks village is way up on the north east coast and relations with the inhabitants of the next village along are strained! As a laugh mrs posh sent a postcard of the pope when we did the Vatican thing to her father and he hasn't spoken to us since and that was 3 years ago. It's a beautiful country ruined by politics.

Perhaps the Royal Air Force need to organise a no fly zone over Scotland to prevent English people becoming the victims of ethnic cleansing. :P

Perhaps the Royal Air Force need to organise a no fly zone over Scotland to prevent English people becoming the victims of ethnic cleansing. :P

That's pretty much how it usually starts...

"Perhaps the Royal Air Force need to organise a no fly zone over Scotland to prevent English people becoming the victims of ethnic cleansing."

Laugh now. Enjoy yourself while you can.

In twenty years Scotland will be a German colony, just like Ireland and I will be laughing but you won't.

I think the answer might be in the line "arguing with the council about right of way" If she was trying to block a right of way (as many newcomers do) then she would be considered poison in the community. Rights of way are very sensitive issues with the Scots.

Spot on. I hate people who try to do that.