House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berk-hater

Lloyds Money Manager

Anyone got the Lloyds online banking money manager? I've been working with it for 24 hours and it's really useless. Doesn't do what it says it does, tendency to crash. I could have written better software on a ZX81

Could you not just use Excel, that's what I do. :)

I could but don't really need to do much analysis, I only used the money manager because it was there and thought it would be interesting.

Oh well you shouldn't be too surprised though, I mean anything owned (although not explicitly run the grabberment), was always going to be 5h1te!

I guess you're right. However, Lloyds served me very well for 20 years and didn't overdo things like many of the other banks did over the past decade, right up to the point where Gordon Brown got them to buy that toxic heap called HBOS. I've seriously considered moving my accounts somwehere else just out principle............but nowhere else seems any better.

If you need a bit of fluffy software to tell you you're spending too much on exotic hamster cages then you're sadly beyond help.

I guess you're right. However, Lloyds served me very well for 20 years and didn't overdo things like many of the other banks did over the past decade, right up to the point where Gordon Brown got them to buy that toxic heap called HBOS. I've seriously considered moving my accounts somwehere else just out principle............but nowhere else seems any better.

+1

If you need a bit of fluffy software to tell you you're spending too much on exotic hamster cages then you're sadly beyond help.

+1 to that too. I seem to manage to get by with looking at my balance occasionally, notice that I'm not going to run out of money before I'm paid next, then just get on with things.

Unless you're self-employed with a rather variable income stream, in which case making some effort to keep track of things probably makes sense.

+1

+1 to that too. I seem to manage to get by with looking at my balance occasionally, notice that I'm not going to run out of money before I'm paid next, then just get on with things.

Unless you're self-employed with a rather variable income stream, in which case making some effort to keep track of things probably makes sense.

Just for clarity, I don't NEED it. It was there so I played it with it and found it was cr@p. Just wondered if anyone else had the same experience.

Just for clarity, I don't NEED it. It was there so I played it with it and found it was cr@p. Just wondered if anyone else had the same experience.

It's fluff ... You shouldn't need it ... But numpties might feel better using silly software to track their excesses.

I've had no issues with Barclays

I have. That is why I moved all of my savings from them and cut up my barclaycard. I still have my current account there but only because I cant be bothered moving it. I dont rate barclays at all.

I could not agree more. A good bank ruined by pressure put on their chairman.

Just to make matters worse I also owned shares. I still feel robbed by the whole thing. If the Government had not been complicit in the debacle there would have been an enquirey into the whole matter and specifically the criminal lack of competent due diligence.