House Price Crash Forum
Britney's Piers

Question Time Tonight

Groan. Still, least they ticked the Diversity box, that's really important. in modern Britain. Wish they'd do a Question Time from Midsomer.

That'd liven it up a bit! Who would you like to see on the panel, and who would you like to be murdered by whom, and how? (At least 2 bodies are mandatory). Very gory horrible death also mandatory for anyone you find particularly bloody annoying.

Groan. Still, least they ticked the Diversity box, that's really important. in modern Britain. Wish they'd do a Question Time from Midsomer.

Ticked the diversity box? With three old women plus Caroline Lucas and Sayeeda Warsi they're not doing very well on gender equality.

Garbage lineup.

Frankly though I never watch it anyway; it's just an exercise in f*ckwittery, the only sport comes if you get a straight talking panel member who doesn't give a sh1t. Then Dimblebore shuts it down anyway or the audience get baffled.

Ticked the diversity box? With three old women plus Caroline Lucas and Sayeeda Warsi they're not doing very well on gender equality.

lol

I'd be interested to see the make up of the audience. I've just looked up the stats and 96.6% of people in Eastbourne are white.

Garbage lineup.

Frankly though I never watch it anyway; it's just an exercise in f*ckwittery, the only sport comes if you get a straight talking panel member who doesn't give a sh1t. Then Dimblebore shuts it down anyway or the audience get baffled.

Weekly booking for Will Self then??!

From bBBC

Question Time tonight comes from Eastbourne, which boasts of being the sunniest place in Britain based only on a freak statistic from 1911 and is the location of the third most popular suicide spot in the UK. The ashes of Frederick Engels were scattered there upon his death. Marvellous.

On the panel tonight we have...well, it's just surreal. Question Time's favourite minority box-ticker Baroness Warsi, the Labour guy who posed in a gay contacts magazine in his Y-fronts Chris Bryant, Bermondsey by-election "The Straight Choice" against Peter Tatchell - and who later turned out to be anything but straight; Simon Hughes, and eco-fascist Caroline Lucas. Kelvin MacKenzie occupies the lone chair of reality.

:lol::lol::lol:

I must admit the masochist in me likes to tune in to remind myself that I'm relatively sane.

Edited by tinker

Who are these people? I know KM is ex-newspaper editor (sun?) and SH a Lib MP but hardly political heavyweights any of them. Is QT being held in some backwater that nobody wants to go to?

Sayeeda Warsi - couldn't get elected in Dewsbury, but the government must have a Muslim woman so was made a peer

Chris Bryant - posed in underpants for a gay website

Simon Hughes - had affairs with other men

Caroline Lucas - green party loon

Kelvin McKenzie - edited the sun 20 years ago, no idea what he does now

:unsure:

Edited by Britney's Piers

Doesn't gender equality mean these days that you must have at least 50% women...very different from requiring 50% men.

Caroline Lucas - green party loon

Who would have the old freeze to death to protect her stupid unrealistic green policies, has the brain of a flea, and revels in her own self importance, next election out in the cold wandering Brighton Beach. ;)

Groan. Still, least they ticked the Diversity box, that's really important. in modern Britain.

Sayeeda Warsi

Chris Bryant

Simon Hughes

Caroline Lucas

Kelvin MacKenzie

Indeed.

Ethnic minority. Tick.

Gay. Tick.

Rasberry Ripple Person With Disabilities.Tick.

Woman. Tick (probably).

Moron Special Needs. Tick.

Who would have the old freeze to death to protect her stupid unrealistic green policies, has the brain of a flea, and revels in her own self importance, next election out in the cold wandering Brighton Beach. ;)

Honestly, I hate Caroline Lucas, she's an living in some dream where electricity can me sourced from ponies and good intentions. I have no idea what she expects electric cars to run on when we have no electricity. I want to see all these cheap successful reenwable power projects currently running and I want to know where they think they're going to build a million wind turbines, not to mention the fact that it's not always windy

I'd be interested to know the real cost per KW of juice produced by both nuclear and alternative solutions, plus their reliabilty and scalabilty.

Also, just a semi rant, but it pisses me off when windscale is classed as a nuclear accident. It wasn't, the goverment delibratly cut corners to produce enough material for our nuclear weapons program and it was this process that caused the leak.

Also, just a semi rant, but it pisses me off when windscale is classed as a nuclear accident. It wasn't, the goverment delibratly cut corners to produce enough material for our nuclear weapons program and it was this process that caused the leak.

They didn't set out to cause a leak though.

All accidents are caused by some mistake.

Sayeeda Warsi

Chris Bryant

Simon Hughes

Caroline Lucas

Kelvin MacKenzie

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/9427500.stm

Caroline Lucas actually stated that nuclear generation was more expensive than wind power. It's actually the other way round with wind costing 3 times as much. Yet the morons in the audience clapped.

This country is poorly educated. But then that's what Labour wanted.

Someone mentioned solar panels. If that worked, we'd all have them installed now. And wave/ tidal got a mention. There is no technology that will produce any significant power, except something like a Severn barrage, but that's messing with nature too much IMO.

Why don't we employ logic when dealing with something like power generation? Why does it all get political and logic goes out the window?

That'd liven it up a bit! Who would you like to see on the panel, and who would you like to be murdered by whom, and how?

Harridan Harm-man and Ed Balls murdered by Gordon Brown (who commits suicide afterword).

INSPECTOR: "An open and shut case I'd say".

FORENSICS: "Yes, but I'm a little surprised at the amount of bovine excrement floating around. Did they work in the farming industry?"

INSPECTOR: "Erm... not exactly".

Frankly though I never watch it anyway

I hereby award you the Bart Certificate of Common Sense (First Class).

Needless to say, I won't be watching.

And one for you too sir.

I switched off as soon as the panel was announced.

The message is spreading.

Just say no.

But after 2 minutes I switched off tv

My work here is almost done. :)

Caroline Lucas actually stated that nuclear generation was more expensive than wind power. It's actually the other way round

To be fair, her confusion is understandable, since she produces so much wind for free.