House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MSE refugee

Precious Metals,inflation And Debt.

If you are bullish on the metals could it be a worthwhile strategy to go interest only on your mortgage and use that money to buy even more precious metals.

I am toying with the idea of doing this for a year or so as I can only see inflation ahead.

Could my metals really shrink my mortgage even quicker than repayment in fiat money.

I am fascinated by the gold/property and silver/property ratios.

I will only do this for 12 months as a calculated gamble.

I'm still either way. Surely the reason their printing is to fend off deflation caused by the delev of a huge credit expansion. Voters aren't going to put up with rising prices, current governments will risk being ousted for ones that won't print. I think gold will peak before obama gets voted out, then you US will turn to austerity and gold won't reach these highs again for years.

Voters aren't going to put up with rising prices, current governments will risk being ousted for ones that won't print. I think gold will peak before obama gets voted out, then you US will turn to austerity and gold won't reach these highs again for years.

Voters have put up with decades of inflation and haven't grabbed their torches and pitchforks yet.... the people LOVE the printing presses as it keeps their houses at a certain price.

I'm still either way. Surely the reason their printing is to fend off deflation caused by the delev of a huge credit expansion. Voters aren't going to put up with rising prices, current governments will risk being ousted for ones that won't print. I think gold will peak before obama gets voted out, then you US will turn to austerity and gold won't reach these highs again for years.

U are aware that 'the government' dont decide what the US monetary policy should be, the Federal Reserve do, and the Fed is in no way answerable to the government as things stand.

Also, stopping the printing presses would cause a derivatives trade meltdown which would result in a brutal shock for the global economy. I am not saying that this shouldnt happen, but I am saying that the financial class are not going to let it happen.

All the signs point towards an engineered US dollar crash landing through hyperinflation. The massive US soveriegn debts can this way be nullified through printing up gazillion dollars bills.