House Price Crash Forum
the gardener

Uk Sees 27000 Increase In Lazy People

Yes, from next month laziness will increase as public sector workers becoming lazy too.

Beer and fag sales will rocket, and there will be a baby boom.

Beer and fag sales will rocket, and there will be a baby boom.

as strong a Buy signal for Sky TV and Domino's Pizza as you're ever likely to see

Yes, from next month laziness will increase as public sector workers becoming lazy too.

Surely a public sector worker being laid off is not actually a redundancy...they go from having a job doing nothing very much worthwhile which is funded by the tax payer at income level A....to not doing much less and still being funded by the tax payer at income level B.

They are effectively changing jobs and taking a hefty pay-cut !!!

If they could see their way clear to popping outside once a day and picking up some rubbish off the streets their effect on the public well being will be increased 10 fold.

:lol:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk0311.pdf

On page 4 of the report about the employment figures today it gives the breakdown of whether British born people are taking the new jobs of foriegn born people.

Guess what immigrants are taking the jobs. We still have the same old problem and until any govt says that after two years of unemployment you get food stamps not cash this will continue.

Edit also if you look at the detail in the graphs graph 8 is the absolute levels of employment by region or country. Big rise in the absolute numbers of eastern europeans employed. Drop in Indian nationals employed (perhaps the govt is sorting out the transfer scam) and big rise in Pakistani and Bangladeshes employed. Drop in total unmber of YK born people employed.

Edited by ralphmalph

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk0311.pdf

On page 4 of the report about the employment figures today it gives the breakdown of whether British born people are taking the new jobs of foriegn born people.

Guess what immigrants are taking the jobs. We still have the same old problem and until any govt says that after two years of unemployment you get food stamps not cash this will continue.

Edit also if you look at the detail in the graphs graph 8 is the absolute levels of employment by region or country. Big rise in the absolute numbers of eastern europeans employed. Drop in Indian nationals employed (perhaps the govt is sorting out the transfer scam) and big rise in Pakistani and Bangladeshes employed. Drop in total unmber of YK born people employed.

Indeed. Although some of these people could be branded lazy they certainly are not stupid. No indigenous person is going to take a low paying, low prospect job whilst a better lifestyle is subsidised by benefits.

Please point out where I stated that every person who is unemployed is lazy.

Please point out where I stated that unemployment is down to laziness and nothing else.

Please point out where I said that wage arbitration across different countries had nothing to do with unemployment here.

Please point out where I said jobs are not harder to come by today - and those wanting them will have to work harder for them. Please point out where I said the state of our economy is not going to have an impact on employment.

Please point out where I said globalisation is great and nothing bad comes of it.

Please point out where I said all immigrants should be let into this country willy nilly for ever more.

Please point out where I said all foreign workers are better than British ones.

Please point out where I said all UK workers are lazy.

Oh and finally - and please shut up.

These constant infantile debates are boring. People who hear one person saying one thing they don't like - and then ignoring everything else they are saying - when they are in fact probably in broad agreement with their main points.

It is actually like debating with 13 year olds. And I come to this site because the debate is usually better than that.

:lol::lol::lol:wooooh.jpg

I would have to say my favourite is the one on the far left. A bit classier looking than the others. IMO. :D

Ha, when people call me lazy, I say I am conserving energy, saving the planet, and being "Green". YOu can't argue with that.

You're just trolling. Everyone knows they're lazy already.

Only next month even more of them will have awarded themselves massive tax-free payouts with our money.

Thats why the benefits system needs to be overhauled so even IDS's proposals are welcome if it gets people working for their benefit.

If you get people working they should be paid a wage not a benefit.

Grandpa stole me job!

16-24: unemployment up 30000.

65+: employment up 56000.

Yes a big problem I know quite a few over 60's women who have stayed on at work and have no plans of retirement . They are also collecting state and company pensions from former employers. I know it is a free country and they have a right to carry on working but while they stay in the work force younger people stay out.

It doesnt matter what word is used beit "wage" or "benefit" its still amounts to the same thing and is just a play on semantics.

No its not , not at all Pay is what someone gets when they work. Benefits is what they get when they have no work.

If you want someone to go from no work and benefits to work then they should get pay not benefits. Quite simple !!

It doesnt matter what word is used beit "wage" or "benefit" its still amounts to the same thing and is just a play on semantics.

Yep, because it's a proven fact that the state produces nothing. How was your drive to work this morning, or have you been lazied too?

For October to December 2010: (Feb release)

The employment rate was 70.5 per cent and there were 29.12 million employed people.

For November 2010 to January 2011:(March releease)

The employment rate was 70.5 per cent and there were 29.16 million employed people.

The claimant count decreased by 10.2k m/m.

So more people are working (and full time), 10K less in a month claiming unemployment benefit.

As far as I can see, inactivity has gone down from 9,361,000 to 9,328,000 from Feb to March. Which is what is pushing the ILO rate up 0.1.

So far more people are working and more people are no longer "inactive" and are looking for work.

The way the ONS release is worded it almost seems deliberately misleading, funny that......

So, where did the State get all the money that made the road?

Well, there's various answers to that, the most obvious being that all money originates from the state's creation of legal tender and its subcontracting of that function to other organisations.

But if I give you the answer you want which is 'taxation', it makes absolutely no difference whether the money invested in educational, health, transport and various other forms of infrastructure comes from taxation or private profits. It creates economic growth in either case, both through Keyesian mechanisms and the facilitation of economic activity. Even the minimised state we have now performs an economically entrepreneurial role, and in many cases does it more effectively than the private sector. Which is why being a state employee is completely different to being a claimant on one of the various insurance schemes the state offers its citizens.

Edited by boynamedsue