House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Bath City Offer Discount To Polish People

Polish discount

Strange story this one. I thought at first it may be just a way to get a "media storm" brewing and so get cheap publicity. But it may be the club is actively trying to replace unwanted supporters with Polish migrants. :huh:

The Blue Square Premier club have offered the city's Polish community an 80 per cent discount to attend this weekend's clash against Grimsby Town.

A fan replies...

"The people who have loyally supported City through the lean years, and the regulars who have come back, are the ones who should be rewarded, not one small community, the majority of whom will not return in the future," wrote one fan.

"This is another kick in the teeth for City's full-paying English supporters and I don't want to stand next to anybody who's bought a ticket cheaper than mine because they are Polish," wrote another.

I completely agree.

A fan replies...

I completely agree.

Well, as I said in my opening post, this must surely be some strange publicity stunt? The alternative - that they're choosing to annoy their existing punters in the hope of replacing them with followers from a migrant community, seems positively bizarre.

i could understand this if they was playing a Polish team, and the discount was missconstruded from the Polish team giving discounted tickets to Polish people in Bath.

but its not.

i can not understand how they think this is a good idea, or how they will check the person that they are Polish, i could easily get my Polish friend to buy me a ticket at the reduced rate if they needed proof at purchase.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Isn't there a big racism problem in Poland anyway - i.e. coulnd't quite a few of these Polish football supporters also be members of their equivalent of the BNP (PNP?). :blink:

It is a strange one. And not going to go down well with existing supporters. However I imagine they are just desperate and going for a lost leader in the hope some of these will become long term fans.

14 quid to see a non-league match at the hole that is Twerton Park...Ruddy nora...

£2.80 for Poles and £14 for Regulars. What a facepalm moment.

How do you tell who is a Pole and who is not if you are the guy selling the tickets?

Should just price tickets accordingly to get the crowd level you want. Struggling bigger clubs could do with following that plan as well.

Guest eight

Scum. Hosted the gas for a few years as well.

I hope this bites them on the ar se.

Poles? Gas?

I won't go there.

eight

I cannot imagine Poles returning to watch full-priced games. They are here by and large to save as much money as possible to build a better life in Poland and £14 is a large sum of money by anybody's standard for a couple of hours' entertainment.

I cannot imagine Poles returning to watch full-priced games. They are here by and large to save as much money as possible to build a better life in Poland and £14 is a large sum of money by anybody's standard for a couple of hours' entertainment.

Well £14 for 2 hours entertainment doesn't really seem all that much me, tbh

However I'm struggling to see how entertainment fits into the following equation: Bath City V Grimsby Town.

And just for fun.

Bath City 1-1 Kettering Town Saturday, 5 March 2011 Att: 890.

Bath City 2-1 Southport Saturday, 26 February 2011 Att: 792

How many people are they targeting?

40? 5% of normal attendance?

What is the point

I can't wait to see what the attendance figure is for this match.

Let's start a sweepstake!

My prediction is 560 as more English fans stay away in protest than Poles are attracted.

I am going for 1050.

Not many fans will stay away in protest. You would have to be pretty hard core to follow a team like this anyway. And quite a lot of Poles will take advantage of a day at the football for cheap.

Not likely to last though.

Suppose so, maybe it's just all a clever publicity stunt to place the name of Bath City in the media...

I'm curious as to why the offer is specifically aimed at Poles, rather than to Bulgarians, Slovakians, Czechs etc too.

Suppose so, maybe it's just all a clever publicity stunt to place the name of Bath City in the media...

I'm curious as to why the offer is specifically aimed at Poles, rather than to Bulgarians, Slovakians, Czechs etc too.

Does seem a bit strange. Then again if they opened it to all bar us - it could be seen as an 'anti British' thing.

Does seem a bit strange. Then again if they opened it to all bar us - it could be seen as an 'anti British' thing.

Some one or the other at the club will have been tasked with increasing attendance. Having read a report in a local paper about the army of Polish workers living in the surrounding areas, will have thought, well if we market directly to them, we only need attracted x% to increase attendance by y. Not of course realising the subtleties of migration.

I'd be amazed if it was anything more than this.

Yes, I'm sure that if they had announced that they were going to charge Poles six times as much as English people this would have been stamped on immediately.

Given that their ground has a capacity of 8,880 and is normally only one-tenth full, why don't they try offering discounts to everybody- perhaps English people would come again too?

Yes, I'm sure that if they had announced that they were going to charge Poles six times as much as English people this would have been stamped on immediately.

Given that their ground has a capacity of 8,880 and is normally only one-tenth full, why don't they try offering discounts to everybody- perhaps English people would come again too?

Football in the UK is ******ed. Too expensive. Too pish. Too many clubs don't give a toss about their supporters. They forget they are customers too.