House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Olympics Countdown Clock Has Stopped Working

...excuse me if I am dumb....but why do we need a countdown clock?... it will happen sometime next year and last a fortnight...it will be over before you know it...will anything have changed? ;)

This is real blow.

I was so grateful they priced some tickets at £2012, cos that way I only need keep my bank statements to know what year to turn up.

But that still meant I'd have to pick the right day out of 365. I was hoping the countdown clock would at least narrow it down a bit.

After all the thought that went into the £2012 pricing (thank you Seb), it's such a shame more had not been done in respect of keeping the clock running.

This is real blow.

I was so grateful they priced some tickets at £2012, cos that way I only need keep my bank statements to know what year to turn up.

But that still meant I'd have to pick the right day out of 365. I was hoping the countdown clock would at least narrow it down a bit.

After all the thought that went into the £2012 pricing (thank you Seb), it's such a shame more had not been done in respect of keeping the clock running.

Don't be silly... the tickets are priced at £2012. This is to take into account the wave of hyperinflation that will grip the UK in the next couple of months when QE2 in the UK is announced. £2012 is good value as in 2012 £2012 will have the same purchasing power as a £1.20 today. I.e. a loaf of bread.

As said the UK government has a printing press and they aren't afraid to use it...... how many bullets do you have??

The tickets are priced at the highest price they think they will get away with, and at the highest price that they think can sell......you can see for free from Weymouth beach....only because the beach is free for all, so they can't charge for that..... ;)

An Omen?

naah...just wrong manufacturer.

If they wanted to do it properly they should have bought one from Omega watches.

Does anyone really want the Olympics in London?

Does anyone really want the Olympics?

The government has guns, they say yes, so you say yes....

Do you dare to say no?

how many bullets do you have??

I want more. I need more.

Does anyone really want the Olympics in London?

Does anyone really want the Olympics?

For me it's not so much want as "do I give a monkeys"?

The answer is..... no.