House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Bahrain Just Imploded

TMT, if you are going to join the ranks of those endlessly posting doomsday threads, you may want to add Zerohedge to you faves.

They posted that headline over three hours ago.

TMT, if you are going to join the ranks of those endlessly posting doomsday threads, you may want to add Zerohedge to you faves.

They posted that headline over three hours ago.

I went out for a walk. Is it my fault if the Middle East explodes whilst I am hunting for a galaxy ripple?

I went out for a walk. Is it my fault if the Middle East explodes whilst I am hunting for a galaxy ripple?

implodes or explodes? make your mind up please ;)

implodes or explodes? make your mind up please ;)

For every action there is an opposite reaction so the laws of physics tell us. Bahrain imploded, then exploded and is now sat on the top deck of a number 42 bus heading for Tesco in Bromley.

For every action there is an opposite reaction so the laws of physics tell us. Bahrain imploded, then exploded and is now sat on the top deck of a number 42 bus heading for Tesco in Bromley.

Hhmmm.....sounds highly plausible except that the 42 bus doesn't go to Bromley

So Sunni regime in one country helps out the Sunni regime in another country. ;)

The Shia majority must be mighty pissed off!

At least the oil infrastructure is being well protected.

My Middle East advisor tells me that Saudi often sends troops into Bahrain to sort out the unwashed but it usually gets no publicity. That's why they built the causeway. There's no cause for alarm unless Iran decides to wade in on the side of the Shia underclass.

So Sunni regime in one country helps out the Sunni regime in another country. ;)

The Shia majority must be mighty pissed off!

At least the oil infrastructure is being well protected.

I've got you babe. Sunni & Shia

Saudi Arabia have sent troops into Bahrain at the request of the Government in Bahrain. Being used to protect important buildings, banks and important people.

This afternoon driving from Dammam Airport to Dhahran saw a large convey of troops plus a couple of tanks on low loaders - definitely looked like they were heading that way :unsure:

Saudi Arabia have sent troops into Bahrain at the request of the Government in Bahrain.

Being used to protect important buildings, banks and important people.

Well, those are the important things.

I wonder how the unimportant people feel?

This will be the Bahrain with an 80% Shia population that's just called in a mob from the Sunni flagship state to crack some heads then...

That'll go down well with the rest of the Gulf States.

And why do they need to take tanks with them?

Reckon Dave will be calling for another no fly zone?

Whats the bets our hypocritical governments won't say a thing.

Surely they'll speak out for democracy? After all, Gadafhi isn't democratic.

Isn't that always the way though?

Personally I find that the world tends to go to pieces whenever I take an afternoon nap (like today).

Sorry for this bus and geography related pedantry, but the No 42 goes from Denmark Hill to Liverpool Street....and is a single decker. And I'm pretty sure there's no Tescos in Bromley, there's a posh Sainsburys* and a Waitrose.

*posh as in it carries different product lines compared to, say, the SavaCentre in Lower Sydenham, which was made world famous when Jamie Oliver turned up to film their Christmas ad in (IIRC) 2008 :P.

Sorry for this bus and geography related pedantry, but the No 42 goes from Denmark Hill to Liverpool Street....and is a single decker. And I'm pretty sure there's no Tescos in Bromley, there's a posh Sainsburys* and a Waitrose.

That was then.

There has been a global shift of both tectonic plates and consciousness in the last 2 hours and the 42 bus is heading for Tescos in Bromley. Bromley, however, is now situated just south of Savannah Georgia and the bus is triple decker (and green). Please keep up ;-)

Saudi Soldier Shot as Bahrain Calls Emergency

MANAMA—Bahrain declared a state of emergency and a Saudi soldier was shot and killed, a day after Arab Gulf states rushed troops to the island in a bid to quash a growing antigovernment uprising.

Armored personnel carriers were being transported near the Bahrain-Saudi Arabia causeway.

Bahrain television said King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa had proclaimed a three-month state of "national safety."

In Riyadh, a Saudi official said a Saudi soldier has been shot dead by a protester in Bahrain. The official declined to give further details, but said the kingdom was investigating the matter.

In a further escalation of tensions, thousands were expected to march Tuesday on the Saudi embassy in the diplomatic district of Manama in protest over the arrival of foreign troops in Bahrain.

The country has seen violent clashes over the past few days between security forces, antigovernment and pro-regime loyalists, marking an escalation of tensions in the strategic Gulf state, where a swelling number of protesters have taken control of the key financial district and are calling for the downfall of the monarchy.

Write to Summer Said at summer.said@dowjones.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704662604576202212387908274.html?mod=googlenews_wsj