House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pole

A Unique Poll Of 5 Eu States

So 59% are worried about the size of government borrowing, while only 34% think we need to make cuts to reduce the national debt.

All we need is another question about whether people would support increased taxation and the cognitive dissonance could be complete...

The bovine of UK have spoken. The country with the worst deficit and debt yet its populous responds the least strongly on cuts and spending.

The public gets what the public wants. A sentiment that is riven through the public’s interaction with its government, its banking system, its employment by the state, its attitude to future generations. I wouldn’t call the populous scum but future generations will.

So 59% are worried about the size of government borrowing, while only 34% think we need to make cuts to reduce the national debt.

All we need is another question about whether people would support increased taxation and the cognitive dissonance could be complete...

:lol:

It's the perfect statistical proof that we are all ******ed

With all due respect to the OP, Poland is most definitely NOT one of Europe's five biggest Economies.

[/pedantic]

A cut'n'paste from Wikipedia:

4 Germany 3,305,898

5 France 2,555,439

6 United Kingdom 2,258,565

7 Italy 2,036,687

16 Netherlands 770,312

20 Belgium 461,331

21 Sweden 444,585

22 Poland 438,884

With all due respect to the OP, Poland is most definitely NOT one of Europe's five biggest Economies.

[/pedantic]

sorry, was a bit misled by the article.

topic title now corrected ;)

sorry, was a bit misled by the article.

topic title now corrected ;)

Spain is one of Europe's leading states? :o

:D

Edited by Greener Pastures

A cut'n'paste from Wikipedia:

4 Germany 3,305,898

5 France 2,555,439

6 United Kingdom 2,258,565

7 Italy 2,036,687

16 Netherlands 770,312

20 Belgium 461,331

21 Sweden 444,585

22 Poland 438,884

Cut and paste without funny munny and Laundering

4 Germany 3,305,898

5 France 2,555,439

7 Italy 2,036,687

16 Netherlands 770,312

20 Belgium 461,331

21 Sweden 444,585

22 Poland 438,884

137 Kosovo 5,728

174 United Kingdom 2 Curly Wurlys

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Spain is one of Europe's leading states? :o

:D

I know, I know... but that's what the article says.

Should I change the topic title to: 'Three leading EU states plus Spain and Poland' ?

Think about how stupid the average person is, then realise that half the people are even more stupid than that.

I know, I know... but that's what the article says.

Should I change the topic title to: 'Three leading EU states plus Spain and Poland' ?

It would be better if you could refer to them as "countries" or "nations" rather than "EU states"

The language already reflects the subjugation and nobody even notices anymore

Think about how stupid the average person is, then realise that half the people are even more stupid than that.

Representative democracy is proof that if you treat people like idiots, they will behave like idiots. We all know that general elections are about choosing which part of the elite you want to run the country for the next five years, not which policies you want to see enacted. Voters are never asked to come up with a coherent set of policies, so why expect them to have one?

Does the government interfere too much in your life? Yes

Should the government be doing more to help people like you? Yes

Would you like lower taxes? Yes

Would you like the government to spend more on health, education, defence etc? Yes

Is the national debt too big? Yes

How can the government possibly do all these things simultaneously? Not my problem mate, you're the politician.

Probably people would be more sensible in a more direct democratic system where their opinions actually carried some weight.

It would be better if you could refer to them as "countries" or "nations" rather than "EU states"

To me they are still independent countries.

But legally they are nothing more than the EU states. :o