House Price Crash Forum

House Building About To Rocket

Faithman

HOLA441

It is not actually houses that have risen in value by very much, but in fact the LAND VALUE. This is not even a true fact but actually it is the PLANNING PERMISSION 'LICENCE'. That has increased in value.

Now if you were an overspent government (local and national)with a desperate need to 'print money' and you had the means at your fingertips to do this, whilst appearing to solve the problems of many ........What would you do??

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest KingCharles1st

What would you do??

Interesting point. I have had my eye on some "plots for sale" type offers for a while now.

Theory- if all CURRENT mortgage borrowers continue to borrow the max they can, and sellers sell at whatever prices they they can, eventually over the next few years the distirbution of the the "correct people" in the "correct houses" will become possibly more natural and even.

The deals/people that fall out the top will be the old,rich etc etc, and don't really concern us here, BUT the delas that fall out the bottom will only atttract a few new FTB's into the market.

SO- the amount of mortgage borrowing will nOT change much.

However- if many new cheaper homes are built "to reestabilise the market, and give our much loved FTB's a chance of the dream of home ownership again," then yes, I CAN see a glut of very affordable (but probably crap) new starter homes being built- and probably on those sites that are already earmaked- like the ones I have been looking at.

This will be labours get out clause, and I'm sure it will stop a lot of fairly large building companies from going to the wall-

What say you lot?

HOLA444
This will be labours get out clause

The big problem right now is that chains can't complete because there's no sucker to buy the one-bed crap-hole at the bottom for 100k...

If FTBs are suddenly able to buy semi-decent new houses for semi-decent prices, how is _any_ chain going to complete after the FTBs are all removed from the general housing market?

A ready supply of cheap livable housing will be even worse for the bubble than what we have today.

HOLA445

Why on earth should the government be concerned about chains completing.

Anyway they will once the prices tumble ...... and does GB care. Nope the big reaping of pensions through BTL will be as complete as that through the pension schemes and you don't see GB putting back all that he took out of tose do you?

HOLA446
Guest KingCharles1st
The big problem right now is that chains can't complete because there's no sucker to buy the one-bed crap-hole at the bottom for 100k...

If FTBs are suddenly able to buy semi-decent new houses for semi-decent prices, how is _any_ chain going to complete after the FTBs are all removed from the general housing market?

A ready supply of cheap livable housing will be even worse for the bubble than what we have today.

?????

OK_ Lets say the government suddenly decides to make sure there are enough new houses on the market at say 75-80K to satisfy all the WANNABE FTB's, not the ones who at the moment can ALMOST afford it...

So builsers about to go out of business get work, FTBs get affordable property, the VI's get a whole new market t o LEND to, and Gordy baby gets out the crap- oh and of course, Tony says it was all his idea...

Sorry, I can't put it much plainer..

HOLA447
So builsers about to go out of business get work, FTBs get affordable property, the VI's get a whole new market t o LEND to, and Gordy baby gets out the crap

How does completely crashing the housing market by removing FTBs 'get Gordon out of the crap'?

BTW, I just noticed yet another block of crappy 'executive flats' starting on our road. I'm so glad I'm moving, this place is going to go tremendously down-market once the flats are filled with chavs on the DHSS.

Edited by MarkG

HOLA448
?????

OK_ Lets say the government suddenly decides to make sure there are enough new houses on the market at say 75-80K to satisfy all the WANNABE FTB's, not the ones who at the moment can ALMOST afford it...

So builsers about to go out of business get work, FTBs get affordable property, the VI's get a whole new market t o LEND to, and Gordy baby gets out the crap- oh and of course, Tony says it was all his idea...

Sorry, I can't put it much plainer..

you dont need too , well said.

HOLA449
It is not actually houses that have risen in value by very much, but in fact the LAND VALUE. This is not even a true fact but actually it is the PLANNING PERMISSION 'LICENCE'. That has increased in value.

A couple of weeks ago there was talk of the ODPM allowing councils to issue "use it or lose it" clause to planning applications.