House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Japanese Markets Down 500 Points In 5 Minutes

5% so far.

Money is nothing compared to human life.

Just listened on Fivelive to the story of a woman who raced back home to try and rescue her frail parents. She could not get them to the car in time and held on to their hands as the waters rose around them.

They screamed out that they could not breath but she could not hold on to them.

Three Human Beings. The pain, the fear, the grief, the guilt.

God bless.

Ouch 20% of my investments are in Japan. They are down over 10% in 2 weeks, the Japanese market was already headed down before the earthquake happened.

It has been a tricky first 2 and a half months for investing this year.

If it is any help SH (NYSE), XSPS (LSE), XUKS (LSE) are short ETFs to cushion the blow for the next few days. But Do your own research.

But in the long run the western markets came out of recession. The DOW, S&P500 doubled from 1995 levels (it was the bottom). See the graph yesterday I linked to; bottom left quadrant:

JP_KBRCT0311_SB.jpg

Good japanese companies will be good to average down to when the dust settles - I wouldn't sell. Just sit it out. Buy when everyone is fearful.

---

Be thankful one is not in Japan, mananging ones stocks is probably least of their worries.

But in the long run the western markets came out of recession. The DOW, S&P500 doubled from 1995 levels (it was the bottom). See the graph yesterday I linked to; bottom left quadrant:

JP_KBRCT0311_SB.jpg

---

mmmm, that might have had something to do with with the beginning of the largest technological boom in a century and a half rather than any thing to do with Kobe, if the markets go up or down from here over the next few years likewise i think it will have nothing to do with the unfortunate events of a few days ago.

5% so far.

Money is nothing compared to human life.

Just listened on Fivelive to the story of a woman who raced back home to try and rescue her frail parents. She could not get them to the car in time and held on to their hands as the waters rose around them.

They screamed out that they could not breath but she could not hold on to them.

Three Human Beings. The pain, the fear, the grief, the guilt.

God bless.

BOJ just pumped 180 billion USD into the economy , expect them to start rising again soon.

Huzzah for QE , the saviour of us all!

BOJ just pumped 180 billion USD into the economy , expect them to start rising again soon.

Huzzah for QE , the saviour of us all!

Got to keep the stock market rising as that is the main measure of economic well-being. People could be starving to death in the street but provided the stock market is rising all is well - so they would have us believe.

Ouch 20% of my investments are in Japan. They are down over 10% in 2 weeks, the Japanese market was already headed down before the earthquake happened.

It has been a tricky first 2 and a half months for investing this year.

I'd give it a year and a half more.

I'm 90% in Japanese Yen and I'm not scared...much.