House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the coming storm

Residual Income - Contents Farm, Blogs Etc

Hey - Always being one to earn a few quid in my spare time. Since I spend so much time on the net, have started writing articles for some of these content farms -and whilst the results have not been brilliant.

I can see potential with enough decent and well written content, or even youtube videos - to make a passive income. Although it would be a lot of work, and maybe not so passive income - but its appealing because it can all be done from home.

Anyway there seems lots of these people earning lots of money writing for them.

I just wonder does really anyone really make any money in the part time doing this sort of thing or is it all just hype?

Just like to know if there is any HPCers with any experience, maybe we could all help each other out.

Hey - Always being one to earn a few quid in my spare time. Since I spend so much time on the net, have started writing articles for some of these content farms -and whilst the results have not been brilliant.

I can see potential with enough decent and well written content, or even youtube videos - to make a passive income. Although it would be a lot of work, and maybe not so passive income - but its appealing because it can all be done from home.

Anyway there seems lots of these people earning lots of money writing for them.

I just wonder does really anyone really make any money in the part time doing this sort of thing or is it all just hype?

Just like to know if there is any HPCers with any experience, maybe we could all help each other out.

There are very few people making good money. A whole lot of wannabes making a tenner twice a year, but would talk it up if asked.

And there's an in-between you might aspire to: something worth having, but short of a primary income. If you have expertise in a subject and write well, then write about your subject and become a good source. Provide some online tools or services if applicable to your subject. Don't go around spamming it: if it's any good, the world will discover it unprompted.

It's been some years since I was in that game, but I used to make a few hundred per month from my pages. That wasn't deliberate, but the advertisers came to me once I'd built a reputation.

How do you make money from Youtube videos? I have some up with a lot of views.

How do you make money from Youtube videos? I have some up with a lot of views.

google/youtube offers you the chance to earn when u log in to youtube's front page and your vids have enough hits. (I have always declined)

google/youtube offers you the chance to earn when u log in to youtube's front page and your vids have enough hits. (I have always declined)

You can write articles for content farms - which pay you an amount based on the amount clicks, rating etc.

you can write product reviews

Or there is E-Books, blogs, setting up your own site on some area

The idea you build up enough content for residual income.

As I am only starting -I am looking for tips/ideas

I make a couple of hundred a month with my site, I write 1-2 articles a month and all the advertising is from sponsor banners who initially I went out and got, but now come to me, not adwords or the like. When I first started it was a fair amount of work but it is there now generating income, I have done maybe 2-3 hours over the last 3 months, advertisers and visitor numbers have remained solid.

However I saw a gap in the market which I have a lot of experience in, it is rather niche so I won't ever make millions however I know of other sites in the same field which make in the £100,000 per year range, would take work and money to get to that level but so far I have spent about £30 on the site so it's pretty much 100% profit.

As gilf says you need expertise in a particular area which you can write knowledgeably about. You need to be able to add value and create stuff that people genuinely want to seek out. It needs to be in an area with sufficient interest to scale well.

'Passive' income, it is not.

'Passive' income, it is not.

Indeed.

I advised someone interested in making a website to come back and discuss it again with me when he'd written 30 articles on his niche. Not seen him since.

You could start a forum about crashing houseprices, and let other people write the content for you.

Ahh. I see it has been done.

You could start a forum about crashing houseprices, and let other people write the content for you.

Ahh. I see it has been done.

This site used to make £300k/year not sure if it still does mind...

Indeed.

I advised someone interested in making a website to come back and discuss it again with me when he'd written 30 articles on his niche. Not seen him since.

Yes at the moment its just general purpose articles on the content farms - but its peanuts, even with hundreds of articles I would imagine not that much income.

As a lot of you say - they key is finding a niche or something useful - that people want to view - but then what qualifies the content your writing, has it been properly researched, good quality writing, does the writer genuinely know what there talking about.

What about a website - the opposite of HPC - talking up property prices, wanting more bailouts, showing you how create a buy to let empire, how to get below market value properties, squeeze money out of tenants, evict non paying tenants, get more property loans, prey on families who houses are being reposssed in order to get the property cheap - live a parasitic buy to let landlord lifestyle

Indeed.

Ok then assuming you have some decent content - do you charge to view the content or just rely on the web traffic for income

Yes at the moment its just general purpose articles on the content farms - but its peanuts, even with hundreds of articles I would imagine not that much income.

As a lot of you say - they key is finding a niche or something useful - that people want to view - but then what qualifies the content your writing, has it been properly researched, good quality writing, does the writer genuinely know what there talking about.

What about a website - the opposite of HPC - talking up property prices, wanting more bailouts, showing you how create a buy to let empire, how to get below market value properties, squeeze money out of tenants, evict non paying tenants, get more property loans, prey on families who houses are being reposssed in order to get the property cheap - live a parasitic buy to let landlord lifestyle

That would be SingingPig. The company that used to own them went bust and it has been transferred to another company.

Ok then assuming you have some decent content - do you charge to view the content or just rely on the web traffic for income

You need a solid base of unique content to get a site started - the monetisation is a complicated process after that. Come back to me when you have 30 articles all ready.

:)

Static (probably using skimlinks or google ads depending on content) or ongoing blog - get subscriber base as a lever for charging advertisers dosh.