House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newbonic

Burger King Boss Calls Uk Women Ugly And Our Food "terrible"

From the Telegraph: Burger King boss insults British women and food

Taking a leaf from the Gerald Ratner book of marketing. Bernardo Hees, boss of Burger King for the last 6 months told a group of students in Chicago that:

"here the food is good and you are known for your good-looking women".

Comparing the city to his student days at the University of Warwick, where he studied for an MBA, he recalled of his time in England: "The food is terrible and the women are not very attractive."

Maybe the British women he's referring to should avoid eating the stuff that his company sells to cut their junk food intake and increase their attractiveness?

But perhaps it is the truth ?

Our food , in general, in the UK is shocking. Greggs for breakfast FFS !!

And the birds ? Well yes - UK birds can be amazing. However on average ? Nah - they are rank compared to many other places.

C'mon everybody knows that a 6 in some states of the US would be a 10 in the UK. Dental hygiene is terrible also, very few girls seem to floss I've found (perhaps I haven't experienced the cream of the crop :)

In regards to food, it's pretty appalling here with processed crap dominating everywhere. My local supermarket has a tiny little section for healthy food and the standard of produce is a disgrace.

I dont know why yanks keep slating our food.

I last went to the states for 2 weeks and after about day 4 was seriously craving fresh veg and salad. Everything is deep fried. Everything is loaded with salt and sugar. Wifey and I both lost weight over 2 weeks on holiday ffs, when does that ever happen?

I last went to the states for 2 weeks and after about day 4 was seriously craving fresh veg and salad.

+1

All vegetable matter was either battered and deep-fried, or drowned in greasy mayo.

There are only so many days I can eat processed food before my body starts to scream 'Enough'.

I last went to the states for 2 weeks and after about day 4 was seriously craving fresh veg and salad. Everything is deep fried. Everything is loaded with salt and sugar. Wifey and I both lost weight over 2 weeks on holiday ffs, when does that ever happen?

I noted the irony of a bloke who runs a 12,000 'restauraunt' chain of burger bars slating UK food.

Here's the world obsesity league from this website (dunno how accurate it is).

1. United States: 30.6%
  2. Mexico: 24.2%
  3. United Kingdom: 23%
  4. Slovakia: 22.4%
  5. Greece: 21.9%
  6. Australia: 21.7%
  7. New Zealand: 20.9%
  8. Hungary: 18.8%
  9. Luxembourg: 18.4%
  10. Czech Republic: 14.8%
  11. Canada: 14.3%
  12. Spain: 13.1%
  13. Ireland: 13%

It's alarmingly dominated by anglosphere countries, though Mr Hees' countrymen lead my a long way; i.e. the country with the most junk food outlets.

is there any man in the uk, other than you, that still calls women "birds"?

At a rough guess - a few million.

is there any man in the uk, other than you, that still calls women "birds"?

Put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea and I might tell you :lol:

Taking a leaf from the Gerald Ratner book of marketing.

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought of Gerald.

I doubt if this will have the same impact on BK though.

Oh, I am pretty easy on the eye but I am US born and don't eat his crap.

There are only certain places in the states where you will get your healthy living food, most average places you would struggle.

But perhaps it is the truth ?

Our food , in general, in the UK is shocking. Greggs for breakfast FFS !!

Crisps for breakfast isn't unheard of either. Suprised no one does a full english flavour ... Oh wait they do! :)

Where I come from they are known as "Parties"

Really ? Never heard that before. Unless you are taking the mick and I just havent worked it out yet. :D

with a "cuckoo" sense of humour like you have, the "birds" must be positively "flocking" around you!

:lol::lol::lol:

Strangley enough a lot of birds actually like this sort of chat. As long as it is done in a cheeky fun manner - they usually love it. ;)

Really ? Never heard that before. Unless you are taking the mick and I just havent worked it out yet. :D

Yes,they are and no,I'm not.People will say "I picked up this party saturday night" or "I'm getting party related grief for watching the footie"

Yes,they are and no,I'm not.People will say "I picked up this party saturday night" or "I'm getting party related grief for watching the footie"

So what area is this in ? I am always on the look out for new terms to use for the ladies. :D