House Price Crash Forum
nick_sub

Why Do Some Houses Not Appear On Sold House Price Websites?

I've often wondered this and have never found the answer. Is there an opt-out box somewhere in the house buying process perhaps? It seems that less than half of the properties we have been interested in have appeared. Our current house, bought in 2005, has also never appeared on any of them. Would be really grateful if anyone could shed any light on this.

I've often wondered this and have never found the answer. Is there an opt-out box somewhere in the house buying process perhaps? It seems that less than half of the properties we have been interested in have appeared. Our current house, bought in 2005, has also never appeared on any of them. Would be really grateful if anyone could shed any light on this.

Reposessions, divorce sales and new builds don't appear. There isn't an opt-out.

Sales below market value (sometimes repos, but not always), sales above market value. Sales which include land. Sales which involve major division of land (usually new builds). Any sale where the owner has a case for the value to not be published.

Sales below market value (sometimes repos, but not always), sales above market value. Sales which include land. Sales which involve major division of land (usually new builds). Any sale where the owner has a case for the value to not be published.

Friends of ours sold their place for £1.5m. The purchasers set up some sort of private company to buy it and so far it has not appeared on the registers. Sounded like tax avoidance to me.

Sales below market value (sometimes repos, but not always), sales above market value. Sales which include land. Sales which involve major division of land (usually new builds).

I think that latter exception refers to the land before it is built upon, not the sale of the individual properties after they have bee built, which certainly are (normally) shown

tim

Thanks for the replies. It doesn;t sound like there is an obvious answer to this. None of the above would apply to our house, which was a fairly standard sale, 1930s semi bought at the asking price of 250k.