House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

Japan Tsunami Appeal

[sent tonight's beer money. My Liver needs a long vacation anyway. :D]

Donate here to Japan Tsunami Appeal: Red Cross

The Japanese Red Cross has agreed to accept donations from donors in the UK.

In the event that we receive more donations to the Japan Tsunami Appeal than the Japanese Red Cross and International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement can reasonably and efficiently spend, any surplus funds will be used to help us prepare for and respond to humanitarian disasters both here in the UK and overseas.

The Worlds third largest economy doesnt need money.

They are also a nation of savers.

The Worlds third largest economy doesnt need money.

They are also a nation of savers.

Don't send any then Bloo.

Japan's got loads of money, why do we need to send any?

Sometimes the UK seems to be 'rent-a-mug'

What they mean is we want you to donate money...

So that we can steal most of it, or even worse we can loan it to the people in Japan and charge an extortionate interest rate on it...

Ever wonder why Russians, Indians and Chinese people often refuse 'international aid' because they don't want to be stung by the bill which comes with a 2000000% APR.

[sent tonight's beer money. My Liver needs a long vacation anyway. :D]

Donate here to Japan Tsunami Appeal: Red Cross

Good for you.

I wouldn't give to the red cross myself. I've more confidence in shelterbox (who are now featuring the japan earthquake on their website) to do a good job with it. But each to our own choices.

"The Japanese Red Cross has agreed to accept donations from donors in the UK."

But not Japan AFAIK.

Experts cost money, they probably need people who deal in construction but not bottled water flown in on a 747.

If they can source it locally then it should come from a local source, anything from shelter to food or equipment.

For emergency appeals we will retain a small percentage of your donation to cover some of the costs incurred managing and administering the appeal. This percentage will vary with each appeal as our costs differ depending on the amount of work involved, but we would expect it to be no more than ten per cent. Any costs over and above this will be met from our general funds.

In a typical year we would expect to spend between ten and 15 per cent of our general income on governance and management support costs

Great thread :rolleyes:

It didn't take HPCers long to get to the nub of the matter;

Fk the red cross.

Exactly. After 13 years of New Labour I don't trust large organisations to spend my money for me in a responsible manner.

Fk all multi-national charities.