House Price Crash Forum
longtomsilver

Plates On Walls. Why?

They adorn the walls of many a house for sale on Rightmove. What purpose do they serve ? Are they the ancestor to twigs in vases.

Works of art some of them Tom, you'd never actually use them for eating off.

Not my kind of thing but I am overly functional, a few nice fruit plates on the wall would be a nice offset to this.

I do remember visiting a house (lovely lovely one) whose owner had adorned those high shelves round the walls with lots and lots of plates. They were solid silver, along with other types of silver stuff.

Nice, but made it look quite museum-ish. I guess some people aspire to it.

What really gets me are all those little porcelain(?) figurines of people or animals or vehicles - quite scary in a gnomish kind of way.

Well, there's no such thing as bad taste, only other people's... personally I have got old arcade amusement machines all over the place and that's not to everybody's taste!

Or when people have lots of these

Why dear god why.... are they compensating for a lack of friends? May be like Dawn French's character in Psychoville?

Well, there's no such thing as bad taste, only other people's... personally I have got old arcade amusement machines all over the place and that's not to everybody's taste!

+1 the old arcade machine thingy I can understand so I guess it is all down to taste :D

thanks guys