House Price Crash Forum

Missus Took £20,000 Out Of Natwest

HOLA441

My missus arranged a withdrawal the other day of £20,000 from a Natwest branch (arranged 5 dayes before). She ended up having a row with the cashier then manager because she refused to tell them why she was withdrawing the money. She kept telling them it was none of their business, but they wouldn't have it. in the end she threatened to call the police and they relented. i even had to speak to the manager on her mobile to tell him that what she wanted the money for was nothing to do with him.

What's going on?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

My missus arranged a withdrawal the other day of £20,000 from a Natwest branch (arranged 5 dayes before). She ended up having a row with the cashier then manager because she refused to tell them why she was withdrawing the money. She kept telling them it was none of their business, but they wouldn't have it. in the end she threatened to call the police and they relented. i even had to speak to the manager on her mobile to tell him that what she wanted the money for was nothing to do with him.

What's going on?

I withdrew £15K from Barclays a couple of years ago.

Arranged it a few days in advance, they did ask what I wanted it for at the till and I said that I wanted some reserve cash in case the bank went bust. Cashier accepted that with a smile.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

******. It was to try and her to 'invest' in one of their sh1t waste of money high commission cr4p products

Nah, it was because she was accompanied by a short tubby bloke with an Irish accent wearing a yellow high vis vest with 'Shamus Garden Services' written on the back.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

a lot of times, eldery people taking out large amounts of cash are being ripped off by 'tinkers' and the like. The Banks train staff to look out for such cases, especially vulnerable women. I know of a few cases where they saved victims tens of thousands.

does your missus look confused? :P

HOLA4412

a lot of times, eldery people taking out large amounts of cash are being ripped off by 'tinkers' and the like. The Banks train staff to look out for such cases, especially vulnerable women. I know of a few cases where they saved victims tens of thousands.

does your missus look confused? :P

She's a 32 year old doctor.... so yes.

Seriously though, she went through all the security checks and some. This is some kind of census.

HOLA4413

What's going on?

Typical of the UK.

Banks get away with anything yet ordinary Joe's get treated like criminals from the off.

Knuts.

HOLA4414

I had a similar problem last year at HSBC when I took out some cash to buy a car. They refused to let me have it without my cheque book.

I ended up having a row with the branch manager after they told me my bank card, and driving licence photo I.D were insufficient, and that my cheque book was required as it was more secure.

After asking why cheques were being phased out as a means of payment (fraud) she started to understand the banks arguement was flawed. I got my money.

Natwest seem to cross sell with every transaction. My partner was trying to move some money to another account recently, and ended up with a hard sell on a fee charging account. They filled out the details and tried to force her to sign it. She's moved bank since then.

They're getting as bad as mobile phone salesman.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

As said before it is money laundering regs, anything over £10k is registered and notifiable so they have to ask. Either draw out £9.5k twice or tell them you are blowing it on coke and whores.

The MLR also cover gold purchases over £5k in one order or £10k a year.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

As said before it is money laundering regs, anything over £10k is registered and notifiable so they have to ask. Either draw out £9.5k twice or tell them you are blowing it on coke and whores.

The MLR also cover gold purchases over £5k in one order or £10k a year.

But she refused to tell and got her way.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Shiny metal stuff ;)

The reason why they have to ask is because it is the law, and the reason it is the law is because people can get away with illegal transactions far more easily with cash, so it is right for suspicions to be raised with the authorities. I cant think of many legal reasons for needing that money, when you could just buy something with your card.

And in this case they were right to be suspicious, as you intend to break the law if I read your statement correctly.

HOLA4423

Actually, it is under the radar. the 'metal' was bought months ago by a 'relative'. It's a good deal. :ph34r:

nice, and off the radar. I used to have stuff shipped to the in laws for the same reason :lol: that and if anyone gets their door kicked in I think it should be them :lol:

HOLA4424

The reason why they have to ask is because it is the law, and the reason it is the law is because people can get away with illegal transactions far more easily with cash, so it is right for suspicions to be raised with the authorities. I cant think of many legal reasons for needing that money, when you could just buy something with your card.

And in this case they were right to be suspicious, as you intend to break the law if I read your statement correctly.

idiot

HOLA4425