House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Democorruptcy

The Next Big Thing

When you buy a TV related product they ask for your postcode to check for a TV licence at the address.

In the future this policy could apply to the next big thing:

FREEZERS

They won't be used to store food. Think about it and perhaps buy one before a licence is required?

When you buy a TV related product they ask for your postcode to check for a TV licence at the address.

FREEZERS

They won't be used to store food. Think about it and perhaps buy one before a licence is required?

you lost me, what else would a freezer be for if not storing food?

FREEZERS

Dead people?

The dismembered bits of the people you killed for their meat in post-HPC post-apocalyptic Surbiton? No, that's food.

that would be a little bit common for Surbiton, no self respecting Surbitonee would ever eat frozen meat, now next door in Kingston......

Dead people?

You got that far too quickly for my liking. I know you have frozen someone and demand 50% of that pension.

It's a no brainer. Pay for funeral costs or keep drawing a pension. I have already asked my partner and she is so disillusioned with the government she has given me permission. I have yet to tell her son but will break the ice by saying he can come and look at her as often as he likes (as long as he doesn't leave the lid open too long).

The dismembered bits of the people you killed for their meat in post-HPC post-apocalyptic Surbiton? No, that's food.

YOu don't need a freezer to store meat. Just dry it out in the sun or use a dehydrator... Hell you can just stick it in the fridge for a week and it'll dry out. Chinese lap Chong sausages are dried out in such a manner and they are stable at room temp.

Phantom pensions maybe?

mmmmm..... another quick one and you mentioned pension. The other poster might just have cannibal tendencies.

If selling a house a large freezer could add a lot of value to the forward thinking purchaser

You got that far too quickly for my liking. I know you have frozen someone and demand 50% of that pension.

It's a no brainer. Pay for funeral costs or keep drawing a pension. I have already asked my partner and she is so disillusioned with the government she has given me permission. I have yet to tell her son but will break the ice by saying he can come and look at her as often as he likes (as long as he doesn't leave the lid open too long).

Its my mums 80th tomorrow - shes on a good pension - I'll plant the seed - I can offer her a good place next to the fish fingers

FREEZERS

Post code: pick a....letter, letter number space number, letter, letter ....never give personal information to anyone who you believe will benefit from it...always question why, then if they insist make it up....job done.

Post code: pick a....letter, letter number space number, letter, letter ....never give personal information to anyone who you believe will benefit from it...always question why, then if they insist make it up....job done.

same again, I havent given a genuine postcode in a shop for years.

That's OK for a TV licence but when they twig about gold plated final salary pensions being drawn for corpses, it might be a fingerprint or eyescan when you buy a freezer. If you pay by credit card the till will bleep and the the shop assistant will look at you and say "I see BOTH your parents are drawing a public sector pension".

That's OK for a TV licence but when they twig about gold plated final salary pensions being drawn for corpses, it might be a fingerprint or eyescan when you buy a freezer. If you pay by credit card the till will bleep and the the shop assistant will look at you and say "I see BOTH your parents are drawing a public sector pension".

surely if they went to those lengths then you wouldnt bother buying a freezer and just buy a shovel instead :D

Yeah, I know its strange - my mum is 137

Yeah, I know its strange - my mum is 137

My aunt worked for 30 years and has been claiming a pension for 40 years....has earned far more in the pension years than working years. ;)

surely if they went to those lengths then you wouldnt bother buying a freezer and just buy a shovel instead :D

You aren't thinking ahead.

They might start asking pensioners to sign on once a month. If you have been claiming someone's pension for 10 years when you tell them the person has just snuffed it, they might query the state of your decomposed corpse. The forward thinker will just press the defrost switch.

My aunt worked for 30 years and has been claiming a pension for 40 years....has earned far more in the pension years than working years. ;)

A middle aged couple with a both sets of parents on a final salary scheme need never work again eventually? Just cut the hours down as each one of the four pops off?

I think my nearly dead mum could be my route to riches - why didnt I think of this earlier? -I'm sorted!

think I'll quit my cubicle job on monday

I think my nearly dead mum could be my route to riches - why didnt I think of this earlier? -I'm sorted!

think I'll quit my cubicle job on monday

You seem worryingly enthused by my concept. Please remember it's "natural causes" only. Inducements aren't allowed.

A middle aged couple with a both sets of parents on a final salary scheme need never work again eventually? Just cut the hours down as each one of the four pops off?

AFOM said she only married a very good elderly male friend of hers because he said he didn't want his pension to die. ;)

You seem worryingly enthused by my concept. Please remember it's "natural causes" only. Inducements aren't allowed.

I'm only kidding - i have no plans to kill my mum

The dismembered bits of the people you killed for their meat in post-HPC post-apocalyptic Surbiton?

Now you're just being silly.

Where's the power going to come from to keep 'em nice and fresh?

I can't see Surbiton being another "Bartertown", powered by pig poo.

Post code: pick a....letter, letter number space number, letter, letter ....never give personal information to anyone who you believe will benefit from it

I often use the postcode of my old place of employment. It's genuine and I can remember it easily.

For emails I usually use mindit@yours.biz