House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Bernanke Has No Choice Other Than Qe3 In The Us

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/440-billion-drop-shadow-and-conventional-banking-system-liabilities-q3-gives-bernanke-carte-

Botton line - Bernanke has once again failed to spark a "virtuous leveraging cycle" even with QE2, which after all is the fundamental goal of the Fed, far beyond even getting the Russell 2000 to 2000. Which means that the Fed will have no choice but to continue "printing" money, and monetizing bonds, as it (in conjunction with the Treasury of course) continues to be the only incremental source of leverage, and thus money, for the world's biggest economy.

Heh they have no choice, if they print they can keep the spinning plates up a little longer.

If they don't print they renege on billions and billions of promises, against a well armed population when a sizable chunk of the army is overseas and the interim solution of mercenaries are all in Libya and Iraq.

Heh they have no choice, if they print they can keep the spinning plates up a little longer.

If they don't print they renege on billions and billions of promises, against a well armed population when a sizable chunk of the army is overseas and the interim solution of mercenaries are all in Libya and Iraq.

Is the USA unique in having a substantially armed population? I can't bring any other place to mind- with the exception of failed states like somalia.

That shooting of a congresswoman did rattle them a bit- even the bankers begin to dimly perceive the need to perhaps do a bit of remedial work on their public image as the spawns of satan. Years too late for that, of course, but nice to see Angela Knight dusted off and thrust into the fray. :lol:

Guest spp

Always was the case...

Without private money expansion, the state will have to continually pump new money into the system. As long as productivity keeps growing.

Is the USA unique in having a substantially armed population? I can't bring any other place to mind- with the exception of failed states like somalia.

That shooting of a congresswoman did rattle them a bit- even the bankers begin to dimly perceive the need to perhaps do a bit of remedial work on their public image as the spawns of satan. Years too late for that, of course, but nice to see Angela Knight dusted off and thrust into the fray. :lol:

Well the USA is #1

http://www.mibazaar.com/gunownership.html

The extra kicker is Uncle sam has lots of heavy weapons and the armed forces are recruited from the general civilian population. Thus you may have a problem like in Libya when the USMC are ordered to exterminate a town to make an example, those heavily armed Marines may well say no and defect. You now have the problem that the rebels have heavy weapons along with their hand guns.

Beijing was similar in 89, massive garrison just outside Beijing but they used troops from far away as there was a risk of defection. Same in 1920s Britain when massive general strikes occured. Local garrisons were locked and infantry were bought in from elsewhere.

The only other option is total war. WWIII would do it.

Other than that, yes, it will be QE to infinity (regardless of what they say).

Well the USA is #1

http://www.mibazaar.com/gunownership.html

The extra kicker is Uncle sam has lots of heavy weapons and the armed forces are recruited from the general civilian population. Thus you may have a problem like in Libya when the USMC are ordered to exterminate a town to make an example, those heavily armed Marines may well say no and defect. You now have the problem that the rebels have heavy weapons along with their hand guns.

Beijing was similar in 89, massive garrison just outside Beijing but they used troops from far away as there was a risk of defection. Same in 1920s Britain when massive general strikes occured. Local garrisons were locked and infantry were bought in from elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By JAMES SLACK
Last updated at 12:14 AM on 3rd July 2009
Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.
Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

It easy to complain about crime in the US (vast majority of it in the inner city ghettos--whereas our chavaliers roam everywhere) but it is good to remember that we are the class leader for violent crime. And the above report was nigh on 2 year ago.

Without private money expansion, the state will have to continually pump new money into the system. As long as productivity keeps growing.

You mean productivity growth in China - that's where most of the stuff that's bought in America comes from

Prepare for the end of the dollar

It easy to complain about crime in the US (vast majority of it in the inner city ghettos--whereas our chavaliers roam everywhere) but it is good to remember that we are the class leader for violent crime. And the above report was nigh on 2 year ago.

I've seen that story, I know the reality on the ground, in the the past 6 months I've been victim of a crime twice. Wing mirrors smashed twice, might be minor to cops who don't care. But it costs me £ to replace them.

but I made no mention of crime in the USA. Just the gun ownership per capita happened to be the highest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677.
The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.

I daresay that our violent population would suggest that we would not hesitate to follow our centuries old tradition of invasion and confrontation. No other nation or even Empire has invaded and occupied as much territory as we have. The US does not even come close and ranks well behind Portugal on acreage terms. We are ther most violent nation on the planet and have more banksters than all the rest put together.

I still recall the 70's when groups of skin-eads used to walk down the high street and head but anyone who crossed their path--if no one was around they would do a flying but into a plate glass window as the others chnanted "Skins forever-oi oi oi." Never saw that sort of thing in the US or anywhere in Europe.

The only other option is total war. WWIII would do it.

Other than that, yes, it will be QE to infinity (regardless of what they say).

It won't be total war it'll be an agreed before hand limited war, say North Korea. Chinese and Russian infantry vs a UN task force, with mass conscription on both sides.

One rifle per 50 soldiers, when the person with the rifle is killed one of the 49 pick it up.

I still recall the 70's when groups of skin-eads used to walk down the high street and head but anyone who crossed their path--if no one was around they would do a flying but into a plate glass window as the others chnanted "Skins forever-oi oi oi." Never saw that sort of thing in the US or anywhere in Europe.

Ah but its different! My dad tells me when he comes back to the UK about how there would be a fight (sometimes involving him) (I do remember the time he grabbed a fire extinguisher and started swinging it though). Afterwards after the fight people would shake hands and agree to come back next week to fight again....

You know that sounds a lot like fightclub.... maybe thats the problem that fight club has been banned in the UK for decades.

Ah but its different! My dad tells me when he comes back to the UK about how there would be a fight (sometimes involving him) (I do remember the time he grabbed a fire extinguisher and started swinging it though). Afterwards after the fight people would shake hands and agree to come back next week to fight again....

You know that sounds a lot like fightclub.... maybe thats the problem that fight club has been banned in the UK for decades.

I live near Brighton and there are cobnstant mini-riots every night with glassing among ther favourite forms of violence next to kicking in the heads of the homeless folks. I avoid Brighton during the day due to parking charges and the last time I ventured there at night was to see a Peter Green concert. Lots of drunks around with bright red faces shouting with hoarse voices at anyone walking along the street.

What is interesting is the relatively low murder rate in the US--Hollywood have us believe it is rampant over there compared with the rest of the world:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

# 1 Colombia: 0.617847 per 1,000 people

# 2 South Africa: 0.496008 per 1,000 people

# 3 Jamaica: 0.324196 per 1,000 people

# 4 Venezuela: 0.316138 per 1,000 people

# 5 Russia: 0.201534 per 1,000 people

# 6 Mexico: 0.130213 per 1,000 people

# 7 Estonia: 0.107277 per 1,000 people

# 8 Latvia: 0.10393 per 1,000 people

# 9 Lithuania: 0.102863 per 1,000 people

# 10 Belarus: 0.0983495 per 1,000 people

# 11 Ukraine: 0.094006 per 1,000 people

# 12 Papua New Guinea: 0.0838593 per 1,000 people

# 13 Kyrgyzstan: 0.0802565 per 1,000 people

# 14 Thailand: 0.0800798 per 1,000 people

# 15 Moldova: 0.0781145 per 1,000 people

# 16 Zimbabwe: 0.0749938 per 1,000 people

# 17 Seychelles: 0.0739025 per 1,000 people

# 18 Zambia: 0.070769 per 1,000 people

# 19 Costa Rica: 0.061006 per 1,000 people

# 20 Poland: 0.0562789 per 1,000 people

# 21 Georgia: 0.0511011 per 1,000 people

# 22 Uruguay: 0.045082 per 1,000 people

# 23 Bulgaria: 0.0445638 per 1,000 people

# 24 United States: 0.042802 per 1,000 people

# 46 United Kingdom: 0.0140633 per 1,000 people

Given the laws vs. guns in this country our murder rate is quite low--we just lead in GBH and ABH. That said, our ghettos are breeding a new generation of gun criminals (Bloods and Cripps goingtobes) that will push us up the league table in the next few years. E Europeans will be a problem too--most of the human traffickers/pimps come from that shower whereas most drug dealers tend to be from other regions of the world. Heavy duty crime still seems to be the domain of the honkeys a.k.a. the Banksters.

Edited by Realistbear

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By JAMES SLACK
Last updated at 12:14 AM on 3rd July 2009
Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.
Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

That is only because we actually record crime in this country.

And it also depends on how we define crime. For instance we are the world leaders in kidnapping according to the figures that report is based on - http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_kid-crime-kidnappings - however we class any late return on children from shared custody as a "kidnapping" whilst other countries will only classify it as such when body parts start turning up in the mail.

I'm not denying the chav culture of Friday night fights exists but I also see it has being far better than it was in the 80's when every football match in my home town ended with smashed windows.

Bernanke's second term as Chairman ends January 31, 2014. Only 3 years left.

By then the unfairness and dangers of artificially low rates, not to mention the foolishness of trying to create inflation in a structurally deflationary world will hopefully be understood by the masses.

I expect / hope the political environment will be quite different by Jan 2014 and the next Fed Chair will be much more prudent.

Then again, the Japanese experience shows that people can keep voting for the idiots far longer than one would reasonably expect.

Yes because im sure the population will be united against the government and not infighting amongst themselves for food and water.... :lol:

That is only because we actually record crime in this country.

And it also depends on how we define crime. For instance we are the world leaders in kidnapping according to the figures that report is based on - http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_kid-crime-kidnappings - however we class any late return on children from shared custody as a "kidnapping" whilst other countries will only classify it as such when body parts start turning up in the mail.

I'm not denying the chav culture of Friday night fights exists but I also see it has being far better than it was in the 80's when every football match in my home town ended with smashed windows.

Good post.

The further back in time you go, the more crime and violence.

I have observed this in my lifetime; the youth of today are far better behaved than during the boozing boot boy culture of the seventies.

The same applies going back centuries. In the 19th century gentlemen carried swordsticks, and not without reason.

Further back still, swordfights in taverns were not unusual.