House Price Crash Forum

Chinese Trade Deficit

Pytyr

HOLA441

Bloomberg quote

I do believe that China will implode due to the lack of a domestic market but I don't believe these numbers.

I do believe that the centrally controlled model is starting to unravel but I don't believe these numbers.

I do believe the central commitee see themselves as god-like and westerners as stupid but I don't believe these numbers.

I do believe that the chinese government is as stupid as any other government and it has command over the whole economy.

I also believe that's a very bad thing.

HOLA442

China is an empire. Absent strong central control it would breakdown into several mutually antagonistic states. The muslim-majority states in the North-West would go, the non-Manadarin speakers in the South would go, Tibet would go, a much smaller country centered around Bejing would result.

"China is the future" advocates rarely mention internal dissent but the CP is keeping a lid on things with lots of "re-education" and some executions. The PRC doesn't have justice or law and order as we would understand it - they have oppression instead. On a steep economic growth curve the population can be bribed into submission. Come the plateau, or worse a downturn, the dragon will awaken.

HOLA443

"China is the future" advocates rarely mention internal dissent but the CP is keeping a lid on things with lots of "re-education" and some executions. The PRC doesn't have justice or law and order as we would understand it - they have oppression instead. On a steep economic growth curve the population can be bribed into submission. Come the plateau, or worse a downturn, the dragon will awaken.

'Dragon' ?

Bomb the Russian oil pipelines in China and it's over for them , they're as weak as any developed economy when you take away their energy.

HOLA444

'Dragon' ?

Bomb the Russian oil pipelines in China and it's over for them , they're as weak as any developed economy when you take away their energy.

Why use force? So 20th century.

Just let the Chinese expand and use up oil at a fantastic rate. Then watch them hit the same buffer as the rest of us when it all runs out/becomes scarce. Time is all that is needed. Maybe Confucius said this - maybe not... :lol: