House Price Crash Forum

Closure Of The Worker Registration Scheme

HOLA441

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2011/march/24-wrs-closure

Ridiculous that the out-of-job benefits is available ..

Immigration Minister Damian Green has today announced that the Worker Registration Scheme will close on 30 April 2011.

The Worker Registration Scheme is a transitional scheme, which was introduced in 2004 when the following countries (known as the 'A8' countries) joined the European Union:

• Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Hungary
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Poland
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia

So govt can't track also !!

Under the terms of the Treaty of Accession, the UK cannot apply transitional restrictions on A8 nationals' access to the labour market for more than 7 years. This means that A8 nationals will be able to access the labour market on the same terms as other EU nationals (except Bulgarians and Romanians) from 1 May 2011. A8 work-seekers will also enjoy the same entitlements to out-of work benefits as other EU nationals.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yeah, it's almost as bad as in 1939 when all those Poles and Czechs came over here and "stole" our RAF pilot's jobs.

And were happy to go and pound the enemy even though the survival rate for the bomber divisions was a bit low. Wikipedia

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't worry, Germany opens its labour market to Polish people in May. Most low-paid economic migrants will go there.

Interesting.

What will all the Pole haters on this forum do !!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Interesting.

What will all the Pole haters on this forum do !!

Hate who ever takes their place. ;)

I don't hate or blame them at all. Just monkeys who claim they're only here coz we're too lazy innit (despite there being more unemployed EEs than Brits from 2007). :P

I don't hate or blame them or any one from anywhere else doing similar. If I could go off and earn the equivalent of £65k+ pulling leeks I’d be there in a shot. Sod my desk job. I suspect many currently on the dole would do the same, but as it stands a thousand zlotty doens't stretch to much back home in blighty.

I wonder also what inflationary affects all those Eastern Europeans sending their wages/tax credits back to their countries of origin will be?!? :unsure:

HOLA4411

They are welcome to move to Germany, too! :lol:

Well quite. And Germany is a great place. But this is all a one way negative thing for us - apparently. :rolleyes:

Hate who ever takes their place. ;)

I don't hate or blame them at all. Just monkeys who claim they're only here coz we're too lazy innit (despite there being more unemployed EEs than Brits from 2007). :P

I don't hate or blame them or any one from anywhere else doing similar. If I could go off and earn the equivalent of £65k+ pulling leeks I'd be there in a shot. Sod my desk job. I suspect many currently on the dole would do the same, but as it stands a thousand zlotty doens't stretch to much back home in blighty.

I wonder also what inflationary affects all those Eastern Europeans sending their wages/tax credits back to their countries of origin will be?!? :unsure:

Well do it then There are planty of places around the World you can earn a fortune for doing basic work. Of course there are downsides to this work. But then their are downsides to Poles having to come to our country to work - arent there ?

Everything has its plus and negative points.

Or do people just like to forget these simple facts to suit their own views on things ?

The above is a rhetorical question by the way. I already know the answer. ;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

http://www.thelocal....0730-28839.html

With Germany industry facing a looming skills shortage, Economy Minister Rainer Brüderle revealed on Friday he was planning a major recruitment drive to attract skilled migrants.

Well there we go HPC moaners. We all wax lyrical about how great Germany is. And now it appears they are coming looking for you to move there AND to work too. Double bonus !!

Or will more excuses just be made to stay in the UK and continue moaning about Poles doing the same by coming here to work. Poles have families too. Poles have lives too. It is as much a hassle for them to come here as us to do the same in Germany.

This is happening. Not much we can do about it. Is it right ? is it wrong ? Who knows. But there are opportunities out there. And anyone show says there are not - is just not trying hard enough.

HOLA4414

Well do it then There are planty of places around the World you can earn a fortune for doing basic work. Of course there are downsides to this work. But then their are downsides to Poles having to come to our country to work - arent there ?

Really, where? Do tell. I'm typing my resignation letter as we speak.

Three years of hard leek pulling, and that £250k semi is mine! Horray.

Everything has its plus and negative points.

Or do people just like to forget these simple facts to suit their own views on things ?

The above is a rhetorical question by the way. I already know the answer. ;)

No 5hit, maybe you should remember that perl of wisdom yourself.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Find me a Pole who can afford a house in Poland after three or even five years of hard leek pulling in the UK... Impossible.

As always, life is a bit more complicated than Daily Mail headlines.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

No 5hit, maybe you should remember that perl of wisdom yourself.

Middle east ? Couple of people on this place earning very good money over there just now. And yes some of it is skilled but some of it is not. And please don't do the Poles come here pick leeks for 3 years then go back ome and buy a mansion bull. Because it is simply not true.

Find me a Pole who can afford a house in Poland after three or even five years of hard leek pulling in the UK... Impossible.

As always, life is a bit more complicated than Daily Mail headlines.

Yep. But they don't want to listen to reality. Ah well. Let them stay angry. Their problem. :D

they are looking for skilled, not for unemployed ...

Yep. And if you have the right skills at the right time in the right place - you can make a lot of money.

Has it ever been different ?!