House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pytyr

A Case For The Advertising Standards Authority?

I found a 2 bed terrace in St Albans.

It was flagged up today because the description was updated. I check what's been updated in the last 24 hours.

Description now reads

PRICED VERY REALISTICALLY FOR A QUICK SALE

Property Bee shows this history

History

date event

10 March 2011

* Brief Description changed: Situated within the Bernards Heath area of St Albans, this stunning two bedroom Victorian character cottage benefits from a spacious open plan lounge/dining area, a 15ft modern kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Within half a mile of the city centre & mainline station, this property is a must view. PRICED VERY REALISTICALLY FOR A QUICK SALE.

* Status changed: Premium Listing, Sold STC Listing

06 March 2011

* Subtitle changed: 2 bedroom terraced house

27 January 2011

* Status changed: Premium Listing Listing, Sold STC

17 January 2011

* Status changed: Premium Listing, Sold STC Listing

01 December 2010

* Status changed: Premium Listing Listing, Sold STC

12 August 2010

* Price changed: from '£299,950' to '£289,950'

01 August 2010

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

23 July 2010

* Initial entry found.

Ignoring the over priced nonsense...

How can it be

PRICED VERY REALISTICALLY FOR A QUICK SALE
when the last price reduction was 7 months ago? Since then it's gone STC twice and fallen through, so how can it be either realistic or a quick sale?

Any ASA experts care to comment? I relish the idea of holding EA's accountable for the sh1te they put on RM.

I found a 2 bed terrace in St Albans.

* Brief Description changed: Situated within the Bernards Heath area of St Albans, this stunning two bedroom Victorian character cottage benefits from a spacious open plan lounge/dining area, a 15ft modern kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Within half a mile of the city centre & mainline station, this property is a must view. PRICED VERY REALISTICALLY FOR A QUICK SALE.

How many railway tickets can you buy for £289k? What would happen if you bought this and put on a bit of weight?

I feel your pain, but you'll get precisely nowhere with an advertising standards complaint.

Have they said it's a three bed when it's a two bed? Have they said it's near the station when it's twenty miles away? These are the issues that would hold up under inspection, ambivalent statements like "quick sale" or "realistically priced" are just opinions, not facts.

I feel your pain, but you'll get precisely nowhere with an advertising standards complaint.

Have they said it's a three bed when it's a two bed? Have they said it's near the station when it's twenty miles away? These are the issues that would hold up under inspection, ambivalent statements like "quick sale" or "realistically priced" are just opinions, not facts.

'Priced realistically' is enough for me. 289K for THAT.

Yes, it's a nice enough two bed mid terrace. But 289k is 11 times UK average salary. A realistic price would be about half that. Pfffffft.

ASA does not deal with this kind of advert. Property (mis)descriptions are caught under the Property Misdescriptions Act and the Specified Matters Order.

From recollection I can't recall if the issues your referring to are caught under the Act. Here is the link have a look for yourself he Property Misdescriptions (Specified Matters) Order 1992

If they are you will need to contact your local Trading Standards Office, as they enforce the Act.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi